**** 21 28.77%
***** 41 56.16%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-12-30, 12:58   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

[Manga] Chapter 290 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread posted on Fridays. As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Last edited by ElvenPath; 2006-01-04 at 16:21. Reason: Update.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 13:20   Link #2
LeafNinja

Well things certainly took an interesting twist. Now to see how the fights break down. Who would Naruto rather kill? Orochimaru I assume.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 13:40   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Sakura needs to go against Kabuto, I guess. Because of medical jutsu relationship. If they keep the partnership as is, then Naruto and Sai will go against Orochimaru. If Naruto has to be shown as a very good ninja to especially Sai, this is the right opportunity to show his skills.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 13:45   Link #4
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Haven't read this yet, but from the sounds of it; it seems that Kabuto and Orochimaru were trying to mislead Akatsuki and found out it was Konoha ninjas which what I was saying for quite some time.

I just couldn't see how Sasori's jutsu could go for so long and unnoticed considering Sasori used to be Orochimaru's partner; and that Kabuto is one of the smartest people in the entire series.

Can anyone give a summary of what happened?
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 14:51   Link #5
Zek
Eyebrows...

Neither Kabuto nor Oro saw through Yamato's disguise until Kabuto smashes the puppet. Evidently they were planning to ambush Sasori after all. Oro broke Kabuto's hypnosis early on and earned his loyalty(supposedly) the hard way. Apparently his medic skills allowed Oro to experiment on a corpse multiple times.

I think Sai and/or his brother have some involvement with Orochimaru. He thinks "Him..." after Oro shows up, and Oro indicates that all three of them are familiar faces.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 15:08   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I think Sai and/or his brother have some involvement with Orochimaru. He thinks "Him..." after Oro shows up, and Oro indicates that all three of them are familiar faces.
It seems so. From his comment, Sai has seen Orochimaru before, most probably, through his brother's involvement. But, still the comment "faces we've seen often", should not apply all (especially Yamato and Sai). Also, he recognized Yamato (from his technique I guess). And, it is possible that, Yamato might have been a special ninja even long time ago - might be interesting to learn his past.
Old 2005-12-30, 15:46   Link #7
M4rauder

Quote:
Neither Kabuto nor Oro saw through Yamato's disguise until Kabuto smashes the puppet.
I think Kabuto knew it wasn't Sasori before smashing through the disguise (since he's not surprised when he sees Yamato). It looks like he might have recognized the disguise when Yamato's hand came out--Sasori would likely have not shown his hand like this...

Cool chapter though... now we're getting to some good stuff. I really hope Naruto isn't as predictable as last time. I thought he was the #1 ninja at surprising people!
M4rauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 15:46   Link #8
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Anyone mind explaining the ridiculousness of the Sasori costume? LOL why didn't they just henge? It look utterly stupid to see Yamato hiding in a Sasori Trash Can type puppet thingamabob. Oh, and about the two on one possibility of Oro Vs. Sai/Naruto. This is the perfect opportunity for Sasuke to show up and make it interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Maybe sasuke will be in the next chapter ^_^
Dude, that would start my new year off right with the first chapter of my year seeing the new & improved Sasuke. I mean, you can't have two of the three just out in the open with one of the two being the leader. Sasuke has to be there LOL. He just has to be. Oro's there, so, geez, he HAS to be. I'd hate to see the next chapter having a panel like

Meanwhile, back at Orochimaru's lair....

And then show Sasuke eating some cheese puffs while watching Desperate Housewives.

Last edited by tramadrama; 2005-12-30 at 16:02.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 15:48   Link #9
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Nice chapter ^_^

Translation : (by Ratfox)

Translation Removed - Do NOT post OR link to translations

Maybe sasuke will be in the next chapter ^_^

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-01-01 at 14:26.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 15:59   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
It seems so. From his comment, Sai has seen Orochimaru before, most probably, through his brother's involvement. But, still the comment "faces we've seen often", should not apply all (especially Yamato and Sai). Also, he recognized Yamato (from his technique I guess). And, it is possible that, Yamato might have been a special ninja even long time ago - might be interesting to learn his past.
As it was mentioned before, Yamato is meant to be strong ANBU, to show us they are not weak as they seem in lots of previous chapters, especially before the Oro vs Sarutobi fight where the ANBU were just watching. Also Konoha was portrayed as having only a dozen of very high level people. But then some akatsukians could simply destroy it by themselves, or Oro wouldn't need the help of 2 villages, could go by himself. But that's not the case, there are lot's of unknown ninja which can kill these criminals, that's why they are hiding, even if they are individually stronger, they cannot win against lots of capable people.

For me this chapter is boring ( don't have the translation yet, so maybe there is some interesting info) simply because I was sure Kabuto was playing a trick. There were various facts about this, but the most clear is when Oro says to Kabuto he has to kill Sasuke if he want to prevent him getting sharingan. And all that was after Oro failed to take Itachi's body, so it's clear that Kabuto was there to prevent Oro getting stronger than the akatsuki are and that Sasori's jutsu on Kabuto was disspelled shortly after Oro left akatsuki.

Edit:
After reading the translation I think Naruto will finally use "that" jutsu. Also if Sasuke is there how is he hiding? Is Sasuke henged in that little bunny or where is he?

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2005-12-30 at 16:14.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:07   Link #11
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Who has gotten stronger I wonder? Hmmm, I believe and hope this is the time where Jirayi steps into the story again, but hopefully after ORO explains about Yamato.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:08   Link #12
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Oh no, not a remake of Kabuto against Tsunade. Please...
Let's kill Kabuto now, he's annoying.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:14   Link #13
sanghyun1990
상현

I hope that Sasuke come in next chapter, with his rainbow nail polish and wearing his skirt.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:17   Link #14
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I hope that Sasuke come in next chapter, with his rainbow nail polish and wearing his skirt
I wish! lol :P

Quote:
Let's kill Kabuto now, he's annoying.
*agrees*

Quote:
believe and hope this is the time where Jirayi steps into the story again,
Yep i have a feeling jiraiya and the akatsuki arent far away at all, or they are already watching.

Last edited by Rachy; 2005-12-30 at 16:29.
Old 2005-12-30, 16:30   Link #15
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If Sasuke is there, then that means Oro was planning to use him against Sasori (alone or together with Kabuto)? Some kind of practice. But, in that case, he would have already appeared by now. Why continue hiding, when your master has already shown his face?

Naruto does not have any chance against Orochimaru without extracting his tails. So, we will most probably see that soon. If Yamato wasn't given the seal to stop his transformation, then it will become highly interesting to see how he can be stopped. Hopefully, we will also see some Jiraiya trademark techniques.

I forgot to include that but there is another interesting choice in terms of a fighting scenario. Sakura against Kabuto and the other three against Oro. I guess, this will be a more balanced choice.
Old 2005-12-30, 16:56   Link #16
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rauder
I think Kabuto knew it wasn't Sasori before smashing through the disguise (since he's not surprised when he sees Yamato). It looks like he might have recognized the disguise when Yamato's hand came out--Sasori would likely have not shown his hand like this...
Kabuto asks Oro if that's Sasori's true form after he comes out(evidently he didn't notice the forehead protector). So up until then he was expecting the real deal to be inside.
Old 2005-12-30, 16:57   Link #17
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Haven't read this yet, but from the sounds of it; it seems that Kabuto and Orochimaru were trying to mislead Akatsuki and found out it was Konoha ninjas which what I was saying for quite some time.
No not quite

They tried to ambush Sasori and didn't know there were any Konohas around.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 17:16   Link #18
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Should yamato picked up something suspicious from the bunny they saw ... i mean sasuke could of used it as a kawairimi or whatever and what not because didnt kakashi talk about the white bunnys only being around in winter or something ?..
Old 2005-12-30, 17:24   Link #19
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Should yamato picked up something suspicious from the bunny they saw ... i mean sasuke could of used it as a kawairimi or whatever and what not because didnt kakashi talk about the white bunnys only being around in winter or something ?..
Well, why would Oro's snake have eaten it then?
Old 2005-12-30, 17:26   Link #20
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well, why would Oro's snake have eaten it then?
get rid of the evidence, so it didnt create a fuss near where he or they were hiding?