AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-31, 11:49   Link #4081
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Then you must be an awfully good player, cause she kinda grabs you if you approach her into less than a three killometer radius....

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-08-31, 13:09   Link #4082
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Then you must be an awfully good player, cause she kinda grabs you if you approach her into less than a three killometer radius....
This is just a AI thing, that's how they programmed her to act in VS mode. I think he was referring to Player v Player where it takes too much precision to consistently grab someone like the AI does.
Old 2012-08-31, 15:20   Link #4083
Oblivion

The Lambda AI can't seem to stop grabbing. Half her attacks are grabs if you get too close which is annoying.
Old 2012-08-31, 23:22   Link #4084
Solkiskey

AI in hard isn't that hard either, most can be beaten with jump attacks if you're Battler...
Old 2012-09-01, 00:46   Link #4085
A0person

I'm sorry to intrude upon this very interesting conversation(I wish my computers could handle the game; either they're not powerful enough or they just refuse to run it), but I was wondering if anybody could supply me with the sprites from this game? I plan on making things with them after finishing up with other things.
Old 2012-09-01, 10:57   Link #4086
Patchwork Chimera
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
The Lambda AI can't seem to stop grabbing. Half her attacks are grabs if you get too close which is annoying.
And that is Lambda for all of us. Stealth implications and all, cuz she grabs even more than Battler with his oppai finga XD More if it's about bern...
Old 2012-09-04, 14:43   Link #4087
Bernkastel
Detective.

Lambda is just a blast to play, I ended up maining her by replacing Willard.
Old 2012-09-04, 17:40   Link #4088
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

I'd like to announce that, since there didn't exist one (well, I couldn't find one), I created a PT-BR Wiki for Ougon. The link can be found both here and in my signature.

It's still at the early stages, so any help is highly appreciated. Only the Main Page, Abilities page and Beatrice's page are up but I'm going to work hard to fill it up with info.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:35   Link #4089
kevan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
I'd like to announce that, since there didn't exist one (well, I couldn't find one), I created a PT-BR Wiki for Ougon. The link can be found both here and in my signature.

It's still at the early stages, so any help is highly appreciated. Only the Main Page, Abilities page and Beatrice's page are up but I'm going to work hard to fill it up with info.
That's awesome! I can't really be of any help, but good luck!
Old 2012-09-04, 19:57   Link #4090
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevan3 View Post
That's awesome! I can't really be of any help, but good luck!
Thank you! Moral support is always welcome.

I just finished a very half-assed FAQ, and I plan on making pages for another gameplay mechanics tomorrow.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:12   Link #4091
kevan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
Thank you! Moral support is always welcome.

I just finished a very half-assed FAQ, and I plan on making pages for another gameplay mechanics tomorrow.
How is your progress on the Revival of the Golden Witch?
Old 2012-09-05, 11:45   Link #4092
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
How is your progress on the Revival of the Golden Witch?
Eh, school has kept me busy so I didn't have much time to work on it recently. I haven't updated the site with my recent progress but I'd say I'm halfway through The First Day. The reason it is taking so long is because I keep rewritting some scenes because I feel they don't "flow" with the story.

I'm not only trying to write a mystery, but also a story and it is hard to do both. I'm also sidetracked by another project of mine (also an Umineko VN, but this one is short: just one closed room and nothing else).
Old 2012-09-06, 16:47   Link #4093
kevan3

To get this back on topic, I'd love to know, who is everyone's favorite character to use in game, and why?
Old 2012-09-06, 16:52   Link #4094
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

For me I'd say it's Shannon.

Seagulls are good for pseudo-reversals if you activate them before the enemy gets in, and her barriers are good for zoning. Her defensive barrier also has great potential as an anti-air and one of her normals allows her to pass under most projectiles, allowing Shannon to punish Chiester and the like.

Also for her ability. Really great and is stays active for a LONG time.
Old 2012-09-06, 16:58   Link #4095
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
To get this back on topic, I'd love to know, who is everyone's favorite character to use in game, and why?
I'd say Kanon. He gets some really impressive combos if you can time his jumps correctly, and his metasuper attack is pretty awesome (one of the best as far as I'm concerned). He's really quick too. Though I'm far from an expert in this game, I'd put him as a top-tier character.

Battler is really, really poweful as well.
Old 2012-09-06, 17:17   Link #4096
kevan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I'd say Kanon. He gets some really impressive combos if you can time his jumps correctly, and his metasuper attack is pretty awesome (one of the best as far as I'm concerned). He's really quick too. Though I'm far from an expert in this game, I'd put him as a top-tier character.

Battler is really, really poweful as well.
Kanon is so much fun to use.
Jessica's does 1300~ if you hit correctly. ;D
Old 2012-09-06, 17:37   Link #4097
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Erika, Erika, a thousand times Erika (partner is irrelevant, but mostly Dlanor or Bern). First of all, she's Erika, and I know how many people say she's got a wierd gameplay, but personally, she's the most comfortable one for me to play as and do long combos.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-06, 18:02   Link #4098
Wegenbarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Erika, Erika, a thousand times Erika (partner is irrelevant, but mostly Dlanor or Bern). First of all, she's Erika, and I know how many people say she's got a wierd gameplay, but personally, she's the most comfortable one for me to play as and do long combos.
I can feel your love.

For me it's Rosa (because best mom ever and favorite character in Umineko besides Kinzo&Erika)
and Ronove (sadlyI'm still too hasty and "shield" before bots make a move, way too often).
Old 2012-09-06, 19:21   Link #4099
Patchwork Chimera
Human

Favorite character is Rosa. She has some pretty neat combos, a lot of damage and her VA is awesome XD
Favorite combo is Erika and Ronove. In meta, their abilities combined are some serious shit. Giving damage as crazy and all that (Erika makes almost everything a Counter and Ronove rises every Counter damage...or was it the other way?). Pretty cool, anyway.
Old 2012-09-06, 21:31   Link #4100
Joeyscraggy

My fav char is Rosa too. I like her gameplay. Also when paired with Will she can do a ridiculous combo where she shots the opponent 3 times in a row. Also love Shannon, her attacks are weird and really fits with her.
Favorite combo is B. Battler/Beatrice, love their synergy and lets me do a 2SP for free all the time.
Closed Thread