AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-16, 09:37   Link #1021
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynor View Post
Hasn't it already been implied that he likes Shizuku more then the others throughout the series?
That is the thing that kills me =0\. From my perspective, I don't see any particular reason that Nagi would be attracted to Shizu more than the other 2. They've all had their ups and downs with Nagi. Now, Soyogi I can see being a little lower on the totem pole, because it took her a long time before she was infatuated with Nagi and acted more natural around him. However, Karen and Shizuku more or less had a same start. It's not like AiAo, where
Spoiler for slight AiAo spoilers:
Here, it's different. Once Soyogi and Shizu opened up to him(Karen was already friendly with him from the start), he hasn't said or acted any different with any of the Maidens. Maybe I missed or forgotten some event or number of events that gives a "I like Shizu more than Karen and Soyogi" impression, but I just don't see anything that he's doing or has done that is particularly special that has Shizu stand out over the others.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 10:06   Link #1022
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That is the thing that kills me =0\. From my perspective, I don't see any particular reason that Nagi would be attracted to Shizu more than the other 2. They've all had their ups and downs with Nagi. Now, Soyogi I can see being a little lower on the totem pole, because it took her a long time before she was infatuated with Nagi and acted more natural around him. However, Karen and Shizuku more or less had a same start. It's not like AiAo, where
Spoiler for slight AiAo spoilers:
Here, it's different. Once Soyogi and Shizu opened up to him(Karen was already friendly with him from the start), he hasn't said or acted any different with any of the Maidens. Maybe I missed or forgotten some event or number of events that gives a "I like Shizu more than Karen and Soyogi" impression, but I just don't see anything that he's doing or has done that is particularly special that has Shizu stand out over the others.
Yeah it only is because of authors favoritism but withn the story you cant really see that. Yeah sure author always gives Shizu double pages more chapters and so on but the characters within the series should not see that. Story wise them understanding that he likes Shizu more does not make much sense.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 12:00   Link #1023
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Chances are that you place a guy who has had no experience with a girl into the same position as Nagi, and result will turn out the same.
Especially when the girl is older. And it's not as if he isn't reacting or anything. Mike said that his body has reacted twice already after all.
Old 2010-12-16, 12:44   Link #1024
UPR

wow amazing manga just caught up with these last 2 chapters have been awesome i wonder what would happen if any of the girl saw that training especially shizuku or soyogi
Old 2010-12-16, 21:22   Link #1025
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
wow amazing manga just caught up with these last 2 chapters have been awesome i wonder what would happen if any of the girl saw that training especially shizuku or soyogi
If the author really wants to do a reset of sorts, I would expect the girls to find him with Mike in a kiss or other compromising situation, and to then have either Oba-Chan have to remind them that it's up to THEM to gain his favor ("hey, if he's not picking you, then what's wrong with YOU") - or to have him have to try and win them back over himself, or possibly some combination of the two.

Of course if he does that, then it's going to be pretty obvious that we're moving into "Hayate" territory where stretching the story out for as many chapters as possible is more important than the story itself. While I would be disappointed if that happened, I can't say that if it were MY pocketbook that was affected by how long my series ran that I wouldn't be tempted to go down the same avenue.

Just my .02 of course.
Old 2010-12-16, 21:43   Link #1026
UPR

ohh i see what you mean as a reset but you know the faces they would make and the killing aura they would produce would be awesome we know shizuku can tie a mean not and soyogi will staright up go rambo on any girl.

But yeah i wouldnt want it to extend further than it has to but idk where the author will really take it seeing as he has 3 girls they all want him they are all lovable you just dont wanna see them hurt even though (including myself) we dont wanna see a open ending we want a decision and it make come to where Nagi goes back to tokyo for some reason just a thought.
Old 2010-12-17, 00:26   Link #1027
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I'm still torn over Mike's chameleon like performance. As usual, NOT what I expected. I wanted a simple answer to her motives, but again, the author has spun me big! I'm going to need more explanations than this to trust this character.
I don't see a reset in this, but-we still don't know how Nagi is going to react. Above or below the belt?
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 01:15   Link #1028
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

As to "favoring" one of the three, Did I read a different chapter one than you folks? Meeting a beauty first thing, taking a long hike, having kindness extended towards you, AND having your life saved all in the first several hours on the island would tend to imprint me pretty well towards one over the others. Both of the other two were pretty unkind at first, and over the course of the story have warmed up towards Nagi, NOT just as the dragon-god. I wonder what Nagi's take on all this would be were he not the D-G. That woulda been pretty entertaining also, No?
There's a reset for you. Outside looking in.
Old 2010-12-24, 05:06   Link #1029
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
As to "favoring" one of the three, Did I read a different chapter one than you folks? Meeting a beauty first thing, taking a long hike, having kindness extended towards you, AND having your life saved all in the first several hours on the island would tend to imprint me pretty well towards one over the others. Both of the other two were pretty unkind at first, and over the course of the story have warmed up towards Nagi, NOT just as the dragon-god. I wonder what Nagi's take on all this would be were he not the D-G. That woulda been pretty entertaining also, No?
I'm predicting later on for another guy to show up and also meet the credentials to be the DG and is completely willing to be it and act the part.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 05:48   Link #1030
Johnny
Working the bags...

Dunno that's pretty much what happened in Ai yori Aoshi. Not sure if he'd pull the same thing twice in a row...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 07:05   Link #1031
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
But how would Mike know such things? From the manga istelf there is nothing to suggest that he holds her closer than the other two. Thats where complaints come - Mike blatantly tells about her not mentioning about the other two while from what she would have seen so far there would be nothing to suggest that.

Its just authors blatant favoritism poking its ugly head out rather than a good writing.

Also while your praise her and all let me remind you that she was even colder when she learned that he came here to live so its not all honey and sugar like you try to paint in here. In fact I would argue that the more friendly and closer to him was Karen than Shizu in the beginning.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 13:37   Link #1032
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But how would Mike know such things? From the manga istelf there is nothing to suggest that he holds her closer than the other two. Thats where complaints come - Mike blatantly tells about her not mentioning about the other two while from what she would have seen so far there would be nothing to suggest that.

Its just authors blatant favoritism poking its ugly head out rather than a good writing.

Also while your praise her and all let me remind you that she was even colder when she learned that he came here to live so its not all honey and sugar like you try to paint in here. In fact I would argue that the more friendly and closer to him was Karen than Shizu in the beginning.
I'm going to stick to writing less but the more troublesome girl is always more interesting to read about, and yes Shizuku is just being tsundere at that time (don't shoot me). While favouritism can be negative it is not uncommon, I don't think there has been any series where there is complete balance maybe Nyan Koi where the
Spoiler for ectera...:

From the begining he has always been thinking of Shizuku while comforting her cold exterior/
As for Karin developement I could never understand the Love Hina syndrome like drama at the beginning from Nagi as a peeper to potential love interest. As for me the only true reset is if they kill off Shizuku character or make her move away somewhere lol.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2010-12-24 at 13:52.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 17:50   Link #1033
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Whoh! I go away for a few days and didn't realize I stirred things up so much.
"so its not all honey and sugar like you try to paint in here."
Darknemo: I'm not trying to paint sugar and honey. ALL three were as cold as cold could be towards Nagi. He even wondered what the heck his Dad had gotten him in to. Karin would at least speak to him. I think she, being the least sheltered, had better social skills.(Even if she thought he was a peeker!) In most harem mangas I have read, usually the first girl is THE girl. But this all boils down to the Author's intent, and that's as hard to discern as when a scanlator can complete a new release. Call it blatant favoritism if you want, it's his story, let's hear him out. I just love to speculate on the hidden clues that were pointing the way all along.
I think the issue may be "suspension of disbelief" about how people from another culture will/won't react.
I don't know enough.
Old 2011-01-15, 08:06   Link #1034
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
just saw ch44.5 i need umi no misaki cause GE and KNIM is on DORAMA mode!!

Spoiler for 44.5:
Old 2011-01-15, 12:24   Link #1035
cyberdemon

damn the cover page for volume 6 of Shizuku is beautiful.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 00:07   Link #1036
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Its always interesting for me to see the differences between the "first" images taken from the magazines and the "final" ones in the volumes.
Old 2011-01-16, 16:00   Link #1037
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
damn the cover page for volume 6 of Shizuku is beautiful.
All of the covers are nice... six is definitely my favorite though.
Spoiler for Volume Covers:

I love this volume two spread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Its always interesting for me to see the differences between the "first" images taken from the magazines and the "final" ones in the volumes.
Fumizuki is one author who actually does a fair amount of changing too. What sucks is sometimes you like the mag version better. I remember for the anime Bakemonogatari, the studio changed something for the DVD/BD release and everyone agreed the TV version was better.
Old 2011-01-17, 05:12   Link #1038
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
All of the covers are nice... six is definitely my favorite though.
Spoiler for Volume Covers:
Yeah, cover for volume six is my favorite as well, the sunset panorama behind Shizuku is simply favorite. Next in line would probably be the second volume cover for me.
Old 2011-01-17, 11:24   Link #1039
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haha Oh Snap!

Vol 6 is my favorite as well, it's all sorts of win from the beautiful sunset to Shizuku be hot, very erotic!

As a 2nd fav thats abit harder to say as since I'm a Soyogi fan I would have gone with vol 3 but I'll go with vol 4 as it's got all the girls on it

Saying that Karin on vol 2 is great, as one Fat Bastard would say "Dead Sexy"
Old 2011-01-28, 08:09   Link #1040
Nosauz

Is this on hiatus? I haven't seen any raw dumps from the usually people in the usual places?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen