AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-11-22, 00:02   Link #2501
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
O_O

I shall return with AruSheri flood!!!! *goes to usual places*

EDIT:

Ranka faces the cold truth!

the ebil has been exorcised! will steal this one, sankyu~~
Old 2008-11-22, 00:50   Link #2502
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The last panel is Sheryl thinking to herself, saying how fortunate/lucky/happy she is to be able to eat Alto's homemade cooking everyday.

Yeah, it has a different ring to it and sounds better in Japanese, but thats the best I can do with the limitations of the English language

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-11-22 at 01:05.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 02:55   Link #2503
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Thank you for the translation raile, Tak.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 03:02   Link #2504
herbert

I don't remember if these posted or not. Whatever, I guess they are worthy to even re-posting.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2008-11-22, 06:32   Link #2505
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

It was posted some time ago as I recalll, though I can't remember if someone actually translated those bits of text

Old 2008-11-22, 06:37   Link #2506
Zeroo
ωнαт 'вσυт му ѕтαя

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
It was posted some time ago as I recalll, though I can't remember if someone actually translated those bits of text
I donīt think that anyone translated it so far...
Zeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 06:55   Link #2507
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Tak is back! And now with more AruSheri than you can shake your tails at!

- Tak
I am so damn impressed. I can't believe my eyes missed this!
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 09:48   Link #2508
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroo View Post
I donīt think that anyone translated it so far...
Well, its really readily obvious even without the translations. But if you insist:

Sheryl: Good morning...

Alto: AHHH!! When... when the hell did you wake up!!??

Sheryl: I wonder? Maybe before you did...

Alto: ~~~~~

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-22, 13:01   Link #2509
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, its really readily obvious even without the translations. But if you insist:

Sheryl: Good morning...

Alto: AHHH!! When... when the hell did you wake up!!??

Sheryl: I wonder? Maybe before you did...

- Tak

Nah, not so obvious. If not for you It might've remained like this in my case:

Sheryl: It's being late this month...
Alto: Ehh!? Why didn't you wake me up sooner!
Sheryl: Sorry, it was too much fun taking advantage of you ...

Old 2008-11-22, 15:14   Link #2510
Dash_Hunter

From Macross Frontier 2009 Calendar:

Now someone with photoshop skills please, remove Ranka from the picture and it will be perfect
Old 2008-11-22, 15:46   Link #2511
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Now someone with photoshop skills please, remove Ranka from the picture and it will be perfect
You can still see Ranka? Really? Wow, you might be the last person able to perform such a feat.

- Tak

Old 2008-11-22, 16:13   Link #2512
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
You can still see Ranka? Really? Wow, you might be the last person able to perform such a feat.

- Tak
Maybe I'm just hallucinating (seriously someone please remove a Ranka )
Old 2008-11-22, 19:51   Link #2513
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
What the heck is with all the ranka hate here, at least she tried to do something. All Sheryl did was whine about how she was dying and that Ranka was doing better then her. She ruined the season a bit <.<
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 19:58   Link #2514
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
What the heck is with all the ranka hate here, at least she tried to do something. All Sheryl did was whine about how she was dying and that Ranka was doing better then her. She ruined the season a bit <.<
Second that

Old 2008-11-22, 20:00   Link #2515
Tak

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And what did Ranka try to do? Like, refuse to be present when 10 million people need her the most? By relegating her duties to a sickly woman? Please enlighten me.

Sheryl never whined about how Ranka was better than her or how she was dying. Never in the series did she ever whine about both of those situations to anyone. In fact, she tried her hardest to actually keep her inevitable death a secret, especially from Alto. Ranka was the one who had been throwing tantrums throughout this entire show. First was Ozma getting a daily dose, followed by Alto, followed by Mikhail, followed by Nanase, then Berera... etc. Shoot, like the only people she never complained to about anything was Luca and Klan.

Then she went on to enclose herself in a tiny bubble, in a little selfish world that she never quite break out from. If anyone ruined the season, no, the franchise, it wasn't the fairy.

I suggest you start watching the series again, this time preferably without a blindfold on.

- Tak (Is it much of a coincidence that teens adore Ranka much?)

Last edited by Tak; 2008-11-22 at 20:12.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:38   Link #2516
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And what did Ranka try to do? Like, refuse to be present when 10 million people need her the most? By relegating her duties to a sickly woman? Please enlighten me.

Sheryl never whined about how Ranka was better than her or how she was dying. Never in the series did she ever whine about both of those situations to anyone. In fact, she tried her hardest to actually keep her inevitable death a secret, especially from Alto. Ranka was the one who had been throwing tantrums throughout this entire show. First was Ozma getting a daily dose, followed by Alto, followed by Mikhail, followed by Nanase, then Berera... etc. Shoot, like the only people she never complained to about anything was Luca and Klan.

Then she went on to enclose herself in a tiny bubble, in a little selfish world that she never quite break out from. If anyone ruined the season, no, the franchise, it wasn't the fairy.

I suggest you start watching the series again, this time preferably without a blindfold on.

- Tak (Is it much of a coincidence that teens adore Ranka much?)
The last time she tried singing it just made things worse didn't it. Now after something like that happened combined with the fact that it caused Michael's death would you be that willing to do it again?

And after ranka got better then her she just quit alltogether(for a while) and went into her emo little bubble.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 20:52   Link #2517
Tak

Quote:
The last time she tried singing it just made things worse didn't it. Now after something like that happened combined with the fact that it caused Michael's death would you be that willing to do it again?
So what are you saying? First, you say that at least Ranka tried to do something. Now you are saying that she should not do anything? What? Come on now. Make up yer mind.

As for the singing, certainly you have clearly witnessed the scene in the following episode where her songs worked. It was just a matter of her mentality. Maybe it would have worked if she did not have the wrong starting point to begin with.

Then she left... because she could not face reality.

Quote:
And after ranka got better then her she just quit alltogether(for a while) and went into her emo little bubble.
Gee, lets see, she was told to die, in addition to a population that simply disregarded her. Oh yes, she can't possibly be a human being or possibly exercise human emotions. I mean, no, she can't have times of sadness and depression. She had grown up believing that her life had a purpose, only to be told that she was living a lie. Honestly, if that does not shock you, then you aren't human. Or because you refuse to see her humanity since she is well, Sheryl? I bet you'd feel for Ranka if she was in a similar situation. In fact, you proved my point with the first sentence of your post.

But since this is Sheryl, and because you have a blindfold on, therefore you refuse to acknowledge that Sheryl too, is human. Not to mention you have completely dismissed her true purpose found in the words she said to Alto during their rendezvous, which Alto's brother had commented just how brilliant her acting was.

Regardless, know whats the difference? Sheryl got over it immediately and stood back up with her own two fucking feet, by her fucking self. She had done so without the expectations of anyone, and I mean anyone showing even the slightest bit of sympathy over her situation.

She restarted her career and took over the mess that Ranka had so selfishly left. What did your precious Ranka do? She did exactly the thing you accused Sheryl of, except she never wanted to break out from that bubble. She ditched 10 million people, while leaving Ozma, as well as her best friend to certain death. She never stood back up, and never had the intentions to do so. While millions faced the prospect of annihilation, what was she doing?

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-11-22 at 21:12.
Old 2008-11-22, 21:57   Link #2518
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Sheryl ruined the series? ROFL.

Man Bad wolf ,what alternate version of the series were you watching? Even an unbiased viewer--hell! Kawamori could tell you who made the series slightly below par. Clue: It's green and self-centered! 8D

Oh and that picture looks like Ranka is ambushing an Alto x Sheryl date.

Oh and what I found so stupid was how Ranka's songs became effective after witnessing the death of a friend (Michel) compared to when she misunderstood things in the rooftop. I really found it WTF. XD *goes away for a bit*

Last edited by raile; 2008-11-22 at 23:22.
Old 2008-11-22, 23:12   Link #2519
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh noes!! i thought we had seen the worse of the shipper wars while the series was airing... Tak, i love you for those picture...
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 23:29   Link #2520
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
oh noes!! i thought we had seen the worse of the shipper wars while the series was airing... Tak, i love you for those picture...
Shipping wars will never go away. It's like in Final Fantasy, where one girl is already dead but shippers still fight blood, sweat, and tears.

Tags
images, macross