AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-07, 01:00   Link #61
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
An Eternal Sky

Spoiler:
I like your 'X' theory. I've heard many openings lately that are 'X' as I have heard many that don't fit. Now I need to know, are people saying this show sucks because of people's usual hatred of mecha or does it just suck period. If its the former I'm giving it a shot, but if its the later I'm not bothering.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 12:18   Link #62
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I think this show is just good mindless fun that might become more serious later on. But probably not. I guess I don't want to list any spoilers, so just read this for my first impressions.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 15:18   Link #63
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Well I don't know what everyone's bitching about-I think the show is awesome.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-07, 15:47   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 1:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 15:50   Link #65
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Right, if you like randomness, you got nothin to worry about.

*loves randomness*xD
Old 2007-01-07, 16:32   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
oh yea...maybe because you havent seen KnM means it hasnt scarred you yet XD

~ for random fun it was okey...but if we get too much it becomes repetitive and fails miserably ~ we all know the routine...bad guy pops up ~ gets defeated by a better mecha ~ next ep ~ but its too early to judge so ill just let it play out for a bit longer

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 16:46   Link #67
cyth
Banned

I didn't mind the repetitiveness of KnM's episode composition at all. I think it was fairly well constructed. And just as relentlessflame comments on the excessiveness of everything, I think this is why I enjoy it. And of course, it's the kind of show that will have devoted lovers and less interested haters. Much like KnM.
Though I still have to make this clear, because I see such comparisons turning out ugly way too many times... Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora isn't Kannazuki no Miko. Just like MADLAX isn't NOIR, or like how Samurai Champloo isn't Cowboy Bebop. They're all different shows with similarities, but nobody can say that if you watched KnM that you've watched KtTnS.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 17:14   Link #68
Honey_and_Cleaver

Kuu is the voice of Karin and Kyoshirou is the voice of Kenta Usui. This is like another repetition of Karin.

I dont like this voice actor and he ruined Kyoshirou. This is because Katsuyuki Konishi always play lousy characters like the phedo guy Sergai Wang in Mai Otome . His voice acting isnt that good either. This is the second time he is playing a character named Kyoshirou. This is also one of the times he is playing a red hair cool guy that was Toya in Ceres Celestial Legend. And this is the second time he is playing a violin player who makes the girl go crazy, thats Haji from Blood+.

I dont feel this story is about Kuu. The tittle is named after Kyoshirou. Setsuna is wasted on Kyoushirou already. Damn.

Im hoping to see Tsubasa, the brother of Oogami in this series. The voice actor is really cool. I wonder who is Kazuya, Ken Narita is playing.

Im really a big fan of Kaishaku and especially the character designer for his anime. But some of the voice actors really just have to ruin it.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 17:49   Link #69
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I dont feel this story is about Kuu. The tittle is named after Kyoshirou.
That's not necessarily true. The title of the anime looks like a play on words. Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora. Sora has the character 空 representing it, but Kuu's name is also represented by the same character (空), although it's pronounced completely different. So for all we know, Sora being behind the の (no) could mean that it (Sora-Kuu) has greater importance.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 18:38   Link #70
Chiibi

Lol Japanese puns/word play FTW.

Quote:
But some of the voice actors really just have to ruin it.
I LIKE the seiyuu thus far...
Old 2007-01-07, 18:48   Link #71
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I'm starting to wonder if this series is a mutation of my 80's Mecha meets 20th century Yuri Harem Shoujo Romance Fantasy. In my fantasy the bad aspects of each would cancel each other out, but they seem to have piled on top of each other instead, the good and the bad. (Still don't know if this is what I had in mind).
Old 2007-01-07, 19:43   Link #72
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Is it just me, or is there already a speedsub out for episode 1?
Old 2007-01-07, 21:21   Link #73
SinsI

I wonder what is Suzumiya doing there?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 21:23   Link #74
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Yeah, there was a sub of episode 1 already out but it's in .mp4 format. I'm keeping my hopes up for an .avi format soon . It's quite nostalgic seeing the animation designs since it really does resembles Kannazuki no Miko's style. Too bad it isn't a yuri...or maybe it is hm?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 00:10   Link #75
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

OK first impressions, for a first epi it was pretty good, I thought the beginning kinda dragged but after the fighting started I got more into it. I dont like the neko-girl though, her constant "meow" got to be annoying. Also I found Kyoshiro rescuing Kuu on a horse kinda weird, I actually laughed during that scene. But dont get me wrong, I understand why they did that, ie he's her prince but I still wasnt sold by the scene.

But I liked the action and kami-sama knows this epi is filled with bishie eye-candy (yes Im a shallow person) so Im hoping it gets better from here. Im gonna keep watching it for now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 00:56   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Maybe just a little if she were in a Digimon series.

Also is it just me or do guys like seeing girls making out far to much. Man these Yuri series are weird too me. It's like everything's going along, there at school and the series pulls that scene from Rule of Rose out of nowhere half the time. Still the thought is somewhat humorous. Don't worry I'm sure somebody will go gay in the next episode people. Nothing surprises me in anime anymore.
Old 2007-01-08, 01:35   Link #77
dojikyo

I'm not a big fan of the opening or ending music. Bland elevator music doesn't work with a character getting stabbed.

Supposedly, Kannazuki no Miko manga ended after only 14 chapters. I guess yuri couples don't win over hetero couples, even with men. Must be some fear of women not needing men or not wanting men. Which makes me think this series will have a more traditional love triangle.

On the series itself. Most of the characters are derived from other works. Mostly KnM but one of the blond females' appearance is derived from UFO Valkryie. After Mai Otome and Tsubasa Chronicle, I'm sort of getting used to it so ... meh. The mech designs and combat sequences seem a step up but it isn't anything to write home about. Yeah, I'm disappointed that the main character is a bisexual female in a love triangle but oh well. More upsetting is the bland nature of this episode. Although the shirt tearing scene and the white horse were pretty laughably bad, they weren't as funny as the deliciously ironic ending~closing sequence that KnM had.

I'll still tag along a little bit longer, since Kannazuki no Miko is a guilty pleasure of mine and it is only the first episode. Hopefully, this series turn will get laughably bad or actually turn good later on.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 01:50   Link #78
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I too thought this felt shoujo-esque. I liked it so far.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-08, 02:43   Link #79
Yushi

I'm glad that i'ts not Yuri either, just not a yuri/yaoi fan. XD
I thought the last scene in the opening music was very sweet though, just from that scene I now support Kuu/Kyoshiro pairing. (yes i am shallow in that sense too =D) So i'll continue watching the series just for that.
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 02:54   Link #80
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Thats not Suzumiya, thats Mudie from Gundam Stargazer and Punie from Mahou Touge. A very cool new voice actor.

Im hoping to see a yuri scene of Himeko and Chikane in later episodes of this anime.

I only support the Hetero thing if the guy is ok . But i dont like Kyoshiro. He looks too much of a womenizer.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen