AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-28, 00:14   Link #281
zheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
DO WANT!

Geeze! this is the best ending i've seen in a LONG time.

Sekai goes crazy and butchers makoto
then koto goes psycho again (or did she ever really become "sane" again in the first place) and goes ninjahacker on sekai
sekai was delusional in her pregnancy (i think hacking open the womb and finding it empty is a sure enough sign)
then koto brings makoto's hacked up body to her on the yacht to live out in the sea (and probably rot)
yup yup yup

opening Sekai's womb and can't find anything.... that don't prove that shes not pregnated, she only had it for how many months??? there is no way she can see it with human eyes, what the heck is she expecting to find? a live litlte bear size baby? people keep saying shes not pregnated just because that is just stupid..

after reading this:
Quote:
After watching this, I can understand why the episode was delayed due to the axe murder. It was much more violent than I thought it’d be, and that’s even with the black blood censorship (which made things look kinda weird). Actually though, according to the people who went to the special screening of the final episode that Overflow held, the AT-X broadcast was edited heavily. In the uncut version, not only was the blood was red, but there were also no flashbacks during the Makoto stabbing scene (a lot more of where she stabbed him were there), they actually showed Makoto’s head in the bag, and there were apparently some more sounds added to the baby-confirmation scene.
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...l-days-12-end/

I MUST WATCH THE uncensor ENDING
can some one please show me links to get it
Old 2007-09-28, 00:18   Link #282
kyok

I initially rooted for Sekai and didn't care too much for Kotonoha until she was being treated horribly. It's easy to see they made it out as though Sekai and Makoto was really in love, however that wasn't the case. Obviously, Makoto was about having fun, maybe too much.

The more I think about it; the blame seems to point towards Sekai. It's fact that she betrayed both Setsuna and Kotonoha. The anime notions that Sekai could be lying about being pregnant; and for very good reasons. To keep other girls away and trap Makoto, even though Sekai wasn't mad enough to kill him except when he went back to Kotonoha.

It seems to me that Kotonoha is portrayed in this version as the innocent / faithful / virtuous girl that wins out in the end. It's ironic and tragic that the girl Makoto treated so poorly turns out to be the true love.

If the sub translation is correct and Makoto does say "Thank Goodness" with his last breath, it could be argued that he found out she isn't pregnant? Which seems to cause Sekai to come out of her rage.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:19   Link #283
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
If you want to nitpick, I'll do the same:

Romance stories require a key component which is a love affair or relationship between two or more characters. What you described is by definition a good romance story, with character and relation development. I say by definition because you can still end up with a bad story or anime even with a good amount of character and relational development. Makoto's love affair is shallow, yes, and there's not much development, yes, but it's still a love relationship and the story revolves around the characters' shallow and ill-advised relationships and decisions they make regarding them. You could say that Makoto finally coming to terms and returning to Kotonoha is a piece of development for him. Hell, there are real-life romantic relationships that are shallower than School Days' and people still say so and so are going out and such.

All this nitpickery really isn't necessary, but if you want to go there, I can follow.
I'm not nitpicking. Yes, you can say a romance is just the love affair/relationship between two individuals. However, that's far too broad of a definition and certainly not what most people would define a work in the romance genre to be. That's perhaps the key here, I'm refering to the genre, not the relationship. Although, I'd argue that these aren't romances anyway, I'd certainly never call the junk you see on daytime talk shows a romance. That's what School Days reminded me of, a hormonal and angsty drama about teens that succumb to their carnal desires. It's akin to those teen dramas you see on network TV like the OC.

Anyway, if you want to argue some more we should take it to PM. I think we're clogging up the thread unless someone else chimes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyok
It seems to me that Kotonoha is portrayed in this version as the innocent / faithful / virtuous girl that wins out in the end. It's ironic and tragic that the girl Makoto treated so poorly turns out to be the true love.

If the sub translation is correct and Makoto does say "Thank Goodness" with his last breath, it could be argued that he found out she isn't pregnant? Which seems to cause Sekai to come out of her rage.
Yeah, funny that they flopped the personalities of Kotonoha and Sekai in this version of School Days like I mentioned above. It's kind of weird to but I guess it's probably because they were aiming for a bad end anyway and didn't care to keep it close to the source material.

And no, the sub translation isn't correct. He says either "Sekai" or "Sou ka" (listened to it again) more likely the former but I'm not quite as sure because of the blood gargle.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:21   Link #284
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I think i'm more amazed with the rapid progress of this topic...its killing me,i can't catch up with the speed >"<
Old 2007-09-28, 00:31   Link #285
Ryoza
Woah ~~ !

Lol..

Best. Ending. Ever.

Kinda nasty, but...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-28, 00:34   Link #286
kyok

I also felt kinda bad for Makoto since he starts to show remorse / guilt for what he did as well as realizes he has an uncontrollable Pimp Hand.

It also feels kind of odd how the last dialogue between Sekai and Kotonoha is about being Makoto's girlfriend yet while people may say Kotonoha has lost it seems more mentally stable than Sekai in that she becomes aware of her actions at certain points. Sure she isn't the sweet innocent girl anymore considering how much dirt Makoto dragged her through; but I think she became "less crazy" after Makoto said he loved her. On the other hand Sekai whom is consider more rational didn't take much to push her over the edge to murder. Essentially seeing Makoto x Kotonoha hot sexy kissing. Anyways Kotonoha taking back what was hers to begin with and calling Sekai's bluff is what I'm giving her the benefit of a doubt.

I assume this because it makes a more interesting story. Oh, also I find it interesting that Makoto telling Sekai to go get an abortion is what brakes her [high-school pregnancy is bad mmkay..?], maybe because she felt it would be the final connection she has with him and can't hold on any other way or completely afraid of the seemingly revitalized Kotonoha Super Girlfriend.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:37   Link #287
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Thought about Kotonoha

Spoiler for thought abotu Kotonoha:

I'm still shock. That was GOOD!
Old 2007-09-28, 00:40   Link #288
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
tasdern, you've forgotten one minor detail about a previous episode that involved katsura, which would explain WHY she would know of such a doctor ^^

もいちど。。。
Old 2007-09-28, 00:42   Link #289
alphabetdude
SKBP KID

( Jaw Drops ........................................... Regains focus )DDDDDDDDDDDDDDaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn n !!!!

WTF !!! They killed MAKOTO !!!!!!!!! lol j/k
Wow , what a violent episode and ending. Makoto , dude how could you let a girl kill you !? You shouldve have sidestepped when you saw Sekai run up to you , then again you cant really think fast lol seriously. I cant believe Koto opened up Sekai and then took Makotos head !

Well this series was interesting and was good till it lasted but seriously this ep creeped me out with the violence. I havent seen a girl kill a guy w/ a knife and left with me with a sour taste in my mouth since Battle Royale.

Well atleast I learned three things from watching this anime
1) Dont cheat on girl as they can go psycho and stab you
2) Dont pissoff Japanese girls
3) Destroy any fantasy or thought of being a playa.

Just my two cents ( Walks away and listens to Fabolous )
Old 2007-09-28, 00:44   Link #290
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
tasdern, you've forgotten one minor detail about a previous episode that involved katsura, which would explain WHY she would know of such a doctor ^^
Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Did anyone else get the idea that Kotonoha DID get pregnant and had an abortion? She seemed to know an awful lot about the doctor and the procedure.

That would explain a lot about her state of mind.

That would be one serious twist!

And through all this, Makoto and Kotonoha never got to have sex. (I think I'm right on this.)
Old 2007-09-28, 00:50   Link #291
kyok

Does anyone else find Knife weilding Sekai hot..?
oh wait it's probably just me..
Spoiler for nice image:
Old 2007-09-28, 00:54   Link #292
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoza View Post
Lol..

Best. Ending. Ever.

Kinda nasty, but...

Spoiler:
Let's not be sexist here, a jerk deserves to die, and a bitch too. In all honesty, if you actually followed the series, Sekai deserves her buther as much as Makoto deserves his.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:57   Link #293
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

....I was thinking about a more over the top way to end this entire fiasco.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-28, 01:01   Link #294
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Spoiler:
wow! simply wow! you just provided another reason why I shouldn't rate the final episode a perfect 10
Old 2007-09-28, 01:01   Link #295
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Actually Sekai, before befriending Setsuna was mentally unstable. Setsuna was afraid that if Sekai was to be alone again, she would once again lose it. Thats why she begged Makoto so hard not to break up with Sekai. And to Setsuna's prediction, Sekai did snap from losing Makoto.
Old 2007-09-28, 01:03   Link #296
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Spoiler:

That COULD be better, but two problems:

1. How is Kono gonna do it while Sekai is awake?

2. That would pretty much make it sure whether or not Sekai was pregnant, which would kill the continuing suspense.
Old 2007-09-28, 01:04   Link #297
zheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Actually Sekai, before befriending Setsuna was mentally unstable. Setsuna was afraid that if Sekai was to be alone again, she would once again lose it. Thats why she begged Makoto so hard not to break up with Sekai. And to Setsuna's prediction, Sekai did snap from losing Makoto.
do you have anything to backup what ur saying?

i don't remember sekai being mentally unstable before befriend with setsuna
Old 2007-09-28, 01:07   Link #298
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As people have said before, Sekai is almost definitely pregnant. For one, imagined pregnancy must have the woman wanting to have a child, and Sekai wanted anything but. Second, take your average high schooler, and how many can find an embryo about a month old in the womb of a freshly cut open human? Answer, next to none. Add to the fact that Kotonoha is definitely a nutjob at that point, and all these in-show evidence is just overwhelming.

Blame for Sekai murdering Makoto? It's only hers, since it's obviously premeditated and she's of a sane enough mind set.

Blame for Koto murdering Sekai? No ones, since Koto is really out of whack to be the one to blame for it. That leaves Sekai to be the only true murderer of the show.

Blame for Makoto sleeping around? Only his, because despite some actions of some people, in the end he was free to choose whether or not to sleep around. I can assure anyone that judging from his behaviour in the series, he would've cheated on Koto sooner or later, be it with Sekai or not.

Blame for the whole thing? If its anybody, it would be Makoto. If he didn't sleep around in the first place, temptations from girls (particularly Sekai) or otherwise, none of this would have happened. PERIOD. So the blame as to whome caused the situation to deteriorate to this level, it would be his. I can't see as to why it's anybody elses fault, and I know a lot of people are going to blame the situation on Sekai, which is totally illogical to say the least.

But that doesn't mean Sekai is off the hook. Just as Makoto had the choice to sleep around, Sekai had the choice of not murdering him, and so in my eyes Sekai still is fully responsible for Makoto's murder. Just because someone is a total jackass who only thinks with his dick doesn't give ANYONE a reason to murder him. I repeat, just because someone is a dickwad or a bitch, that doesn't mean they deserve to die. Makoto might be to blame for the situation, but he is definitely not to blame for his own murder. That's two different things.

IANAL, but in essence, if the three mains were to be tried in court, Makoto would be set free as he didn't do anything wrong in the eyes of the law. Kotonoha on the otherhand would be put into a mental institution, possibly for life considering how serious her condition is. Sekai on the other hand would be given the life sentence or death depending where she's tried. Of course, if she's to be put to death, only after she gives birth.

Doesn't change the fact that Sekai is my fave character of the series. Psycho-moe + Yandere = <3

Episode rating: 10. Psycho-moe to the EXTREME.

Series rating: A-
As much as I love the drama, psychotic episodes, and the gory end, I just can't rate the series any higher. The entire plot revolved around Makoto's horniness and the consequences of sleeping around, which in by itself is rather plain. The drama though that comes from it is outstanding, but those who isn't much into mad girls or bad ends wouldn't rate this higher than a B-. Heck, those who hate the latter two would notch the grade down to a C, since I can see that these elements are done tastelessly to a lot of people. But for me it's basically a B+ but...

School days being the only example I know of that is basically a dark harem, it pushed it to A- quality. You certainly won't find any show like this, and its originality earns it points. That however does not elevate it beyond the epicness of Higurashi (though there's still time they'll screw it up), and it certainly doesn't hold a candle to the pure win of Potemayo in comparison to this season's shows. At best it would be the 3rd best show of the season, but even then IMO Umisho gives it a run for its money, which in sharp contrast is a harem done reasonably well lol.

And if anything, School Days IS the most controversial anime show in recent memory. At the very least, everyone can give it that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-09-28, 01:08   Link #299
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Good ending

Spoiler for Warning Extreamly spoil !!:
Spoiler:

I never really followed the series until the meme started, but I'm getting the impression that the writers made Makoto commit deliberately stupid "Level 1 Dating Etiquette" mistakes over and over beyond what would be reasonably believable of any person of sound mind so they could do the ending in the manner they chose. Were things as seemingly forcibly written in the game? Does this qualify as scriptwriter tunnel vision in the end, where the writers decided the end (the one the fans wanted to see, which if they did, I should say I hate that kind of pandering, doing exactly as the fans wish to the letter, what kind of entertainment is that?! There's Fanservice, and then there's "I might as well feel I should have wrote this story myself". Ruins any potential artistic creativity pretty much from the get go.) and wrote the story to work towards it, ignoring everything tertiary in the process (I could see a potential problem where when the writers already have their ending planned out as the climax they may overfocus on getting to that point and leave a lot of potentially interesting or creative ideas out in the build up to that point, because any attempt to deviate from the path to that ending would make the point they want you to focus on the most seem even more absurd. Of course that would as I'm sure many people before me have said, create an odd looping style of storyline for the first 11 episodes where characters don't seem to develop or learn from their mistakes, but whatever). Am I asking too many questions?

I probably shouldn't be talking much about this since I haven't seen the show, so I'll add a disclaimer saying I'm going on impressions that have been presented to me by the viewers. It's cool to join the water cooler conversation even if you haven't been privy to viewing the series in question right? I mean for this post to not be a judgement of the series, but more of a look at the ideas the series has presented us to mull over. That said, I'm the one looking hopefully for the answers this time.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-09-28 at 01:37.
Old 2007-09-28, 01:08   Link #300
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
That COULD be better, but two problems:

1. How is Kono gonna do it while Sekai is awake?
Not really that hard to do, since people don't usually die instantly even when their abdomen got disembowled
Closed Thread