AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 15 26.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-30, 13:59   Link #41
justavisitor

Too bad I don't know too much about VA tho...
What role did she play before?? (the famous one??)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-30, 15:51   Link #42
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I love a girl who can eat
Old 2010-10-30, 17:03   Link #43
pikachuwei

ah man this ep was hilarious

loved the frisbee scene (haruka <3) and that slide scene
Old 2010-10-30, 17:09   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Too bad I don't know too much about VA tho...
What role did she play before?? (the famous one??)
Matsuoka Yuki.
Old 2010-10-30, 22:57   Link #45
typhonsentra

This episode kinda implies that she likes him in all the arcs doesn't it? In all the other arcs the other girls don't feel bad/jealous as they all required "flags" to make them care for him, kinda sad I guess.
Old 2010-10-31, 09:13   Link #46
justavisitor

I would say not really, as I think even the past got altered in different arc

For example, Karou's arc and Ai's arc had some slight conflict in describing Junichi's past as Junichi met different lead girl on his way to home after he got dumped by a girl at that Christmas night
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-31, 11:37   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

We've been set-up to believe that each arc is set in a different dimension so to say, though for all we know Rihoko could have had romantic feelings for him in each of them. We don't know what started her feelings towards him in the past, so until we find out it's impossible to say otherwise.
Old 2010-10-31, 11:42   Link #48
karuroso

Quote:

For example, Karou's arc and Ai's arc had some slight conflict in describing Junichi's past as Junichi met different lead girl on his way to home after he got dumped by a girl at that Christmas night
But even so, Junichi could have met all three girls on that day, for exemple ,went out first with Rihoko to buy the present , then after on the way back Ai and last Kaoru.
Old 2010-10-31, 14:02   Link #49
justavisitor

hmm...true...I thought in Kaoru's arc Junichi immediately met Kaoru after he got dumped on that day (because it seemed like he met Kaoru near the park)....not to mention that Junichi had a bike in Kaoru's arc and in Ai's arc it seemed like Junichi just tried to walk back to his house XD

but your theory could also work..

Besides, this story has no linear timeline, so it is very hard to tell whether everyone has the same past in different arc
Old 2010-10-31, 17:43   Link #50
Setre

With the glimpses I've seen of Rihoko throughout the series I've always figured she'd be my favorite and this episode didn't disappoint. My only complaint is that Junichi seems like a huge jerk for most of the episode until the very end.
Old 2010-11-01, 03:04   Link #51
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was wondering... is Junichi short or is Rihoko tall? Most of the girls are more or less a head shorter than him but Rihoko's almost up to his eyes...
Old 2010-11-01, 03:51   Link #52
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:

As Karuroso said, it's possible that Junichi met all three girls that day/night. On another note, if we say that events in one arc contradict the other, then we could safely say that Junichi was getting close to all the girls at the same time and none of endings in each arc makes any sense. Except maybe Sae's considering he got closer to her before anyone else, or Sae would at least not be as shy as she was in every other arc she's been in. Each arc is more like an alternate reality of what could happen. There's no canon and non-canon arc here. It's up to you to decide who'se the best one for Junichi.
Old 2010-11-02, 16:11   Link #53
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I was wondering... is Junichi short or is Rihoko tall? Most of the girls are more or less a head shorter than him but Rihoko's almost up to his eyes...
Well if he was taller then the other girls.. Then he defiantly is not short (especially the part where you saw him sliding over to return the *cough* thing) Rihoko is just probably tall
Old 2010-11-02, 19:23   Link #54
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
As Karuroso said, it's possible that Junichi met all three girls that day/night. On another note, if we say that events in one arc contradict the other, then we could safely say that Junichi was getting close to all the girls at the same time and none of endings in each arc makes any sense. Except maybe Sae's considering he got closer to her before anyone else, or Sae would at least not be as shy as she was in every other arc she's been in. Each arc is more like an alternate reality of what could happen. There's no canon and non-canon arc here. It's up to you to decide who'se the best one for Junichi.
Yes the way I see it, the story about what happen two years ago for Junichi in each different is canon because it happened two years ago. However, the arc in themselve are all in seperate "universe".
Old 2010-11-05, 15:17   Link #55
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

A bit late, but I just gotta say I loved this first ep. Rihoko is lovely and the change in perspective (getting to see her more than Junichi is a big plus) was very much welcomed. Am I getting a new favorite girl, here?

Old 2010-11-05, 23:20   Link #56
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
A bit late, but I just gotta say I loved this first ep. Rihoko is lovely and the change in perspective (getting to see her more than Junichi is a big plus) was very much welcomed. Am I getting a new favorite girl, here?
Kaoru was my favorite but Rihoko is definitely making it a race. We've got a couple more episodes for me to decide.

I usually go for the strong non-ditzy type characters, but Rihoko is tugging at my protective side.
Old 2010-11-06, 14:22   Link #57
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Same thing here, dude. Same thing.

Old 2010-11-09, 13:16   Link #58
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Got myself to finally watch her first episode, just to find she's just as bad as I feared: a somewhat pudgy, phlegmatic girl which completely lacks any self-discipline or motivation to do anything
She only visits the tea club so she can stuff herself with pastries (cream puffs or whatever else). Not that she isn't stuffing herself on other occassions already, mind you. From time to time she actually realises that she's eating too much, just to always decide that it'll be "tomorrow" when she'll start to eat less.
Besides that, she lives in her own little fantasy world and twists her memories to fit there (e.g. being turned into a princess instead of a meat bun).

At least there was other nice content in this episode, so I can still give it a 7/10.
Perhaps it would be better to skip her other episodes and go right to the last arc.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:03   Link #59
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Got myself to finally watch her first episode, just to find she's just as bad as I feared: a somewhat pudgy, phlegmatic girl which completely lacks any self-discipline or motivation to do anything
She only visits the tea club so she can stuff herself with pastries (cream puffs or whatever else). Not that she isn't stuffing herself on other occassions already, mind you. From time to time she actually realises that she's eating too much, just to always decide that it'll be "tomorrow" when she'll start to eat less.
Besides that, she lives in her own little fantasy world and twists her memories to fit there (e.g. being turned into a princess instead of a meat bun).

At least there was other nice content in this episode, so I can still give it a 7/10.
Perhaps it would be better to skip her other episodes and go right to the last arc.
Hey at least it's not as bad as Sae's arc, right? Right?
Old 2010-11-10, 04:51   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
She only visits the tea club so she can stuff herself with pastries
Just because that looks to be the reason, i highly doubt it is.