AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-08, 20:56   Link #41
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Spoiler for Question about SG:

2. AFAIK, she's not his little sister, but he says she's like a little sister to him.
Old 2011-10-13, 09:05   Link #42
ShouTakuya

how many ending does the VN game have?

and was the ending of anime differ to the VN game?
Old 2011-10-15, 19:25   Link #43
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouTakuya View Post
how many ending does the VN game have?

and was the ending of anime differ to the VN game?
I think the anime ending is the "true" ending of the game which you get to from seeing all the other endings I think?

Either that or it's just kurisu's ending.
Old 2011-10-19, 10:06   Link #44
kemkemmers

English-translated video of Suzuha ending, Ruka ending and Fairis ending can be found at Youtube, though it seems they haven't translated Mayuri ending yet.

Mayuri ending:
Spoiler:

Kurisu ending is almost same as episode 22, except that it ends without recieving any phone call.
Old 2011-10-29, 02:07   Link #45
Charsiupao

If Okabe was not allowed to change anything in the Alpha timeline, and had to let his past self experience everything which he did (by showing him a "dead" Kurisu so his experience remains the same) why is it okay to buy that metal upa and change his experience of buying the metal upa to one of buying a plastic one? It probably has no bearing on Kurisu's fate, but wouldn't that start another beta world line somewhere where some other plot happens? In addition, by planting a "dead" Kurisu there, Okabe fools his past self for only that scene - surely after that the news reports (there was one specifically) about a person being stabbed on the upstairs floor etc would not happen, and he would have changed his past self's experience.

Were there reasons why these are okay, or am I just being pedantic because time travel plots are impossible to wrap up completely in the first place? I am more than willing to overlook the plot weaknesses as they brought back Kurisu, but I was just wondering if there were not really weaknesses in the first place.
Old 2011-10-30, 00:27   Link #46
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsiupao View Post
If Okabe was not allowed to change anything in the Alpha timeline, and had to let his past self experience everything which he did (by showing him a "dead" Kurisu so his experience remains the same) why is it okay to buy that metal upa and change his experience of buying the metal upa to one of buying a plastic one? It probably has no bearing on Kurisu's fate, but wouldn't that start another beta world line somewhere where some other plot happens? In addition, by planting a "dead" Kurisu there, Okabe fools his past self for only that scene - surely after that the news reports (there was one specifically) about a person being stabbed on the upstairs floor etc would not happen, and he would have changed his past self's experience.

Were there reasons why these are okay, or am I just being pedantic because time travel plots are impossible to wrap up completely in the first place? I am more than willing to overlook the plot weaknesses as they brought back Kurisu, but I was just wondering if there were not really weaknesses in the first place.
I'll take a stab at this:
1) Metal Upa- Metal Upa had no bearing at Okabe's decision on moving the timeline to beta (via his first d-mail), therefore by removing the Metal Upa, it will not affect his decision at all. The metal Upa's effect is moving the timeline from "Russia gets time machine" to "Russia gets no time machine".

2) I don't remember if Okabe actually saw the news report before he sent the d-mail in the first episode...if he did not, then that had no bearing at his decision either. If he did...maybe someone with better reasoning can help me out .
Old 2011-10-30, 05:49   Link #47
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
2) I don't remember if Okabe actually saw the news report before he sent the d-mail in the first episode...if he did not, then that had no bearing at his decision either. If he did...maybe someone with better reasoning can help me out .
He didn't see the news before sending the mail, he sent it right outside of the radio building after seeing her in that state, thus why it worked.
MAL
Old 2011-10-30, 10:48   Link #48
kemkemmers

To wrap up,

-Whether the Oopa is metal or plastic has no bearing on the fate of Kurisu or of "past Okabe". It's just a key condition for "present Okabe" to prevent WW3.
-Whether Kurisu is alive or not has no bearing on "past Okabe". It's just a key condtion for "present Okabe" to reach the Steins Gate worldline.
-The worldline moves to alpha before the news report comes. Thus the news has no bearing on the story.

"Okabe was not allowed to change anything in the Alpha timeline" is not true. He was told just not to cancel his bitterness of the past.
Old 2011-11-01, 00:18   Link #49
Charsiupao

Ah, so it's not about staying in the Alpha timeline, it's about moving to a Utopian timeline (Stein's Gate timeline) where everyone is saved?
Old 2011-11-01, 02:24   Link #50
EmperorBooty

Is Future Okabe the same Okabe that failed to save Kurisu the first time? If so, shouldn't there have been a timeline shift before, during, or after Suzuha and a traumatized Okabe traveled back in the time machine (he wouldn't have existed otherwise)? If not, how could Future Okabe have sent a video message across timelines? (Follow up: are Future Okabe and army Suzuha from the same timeline? If so, how could Suzuha have traveled across timelines? Should have been impossible for time machines.)

Did the timeline change after Okabe saves Kurisu in the TRUE END (I'm assuming it did since Suzuha disappeared on the time machine), and if so, why was Okabe hospitalized (only his mind should have traveled, so his wounds shouldn't exist anymore)?[B]

If not (aka timeline does not shift after he saves Kurisu), why would Suzuha have traveled back to prompt him to stop World War III (since that would not be necessary as the same timeline is already destined for utopia)? Basically if there is no timeline shift at the end, there's a contradiction since the actions of the future characters would not have made sense. (Future Okabe would be in the same timeline if it did not shift, but Future Okabe should not have a reason to build a time machine to save Kurisu since the present Okabe already saved Kurisu.) *These questions won't matter if timeline did shift, but there are still the contradictions above if it did.

Last edited by EmperorBooty; 2011-11-01 at 02:39.
Old 2011-11-01, 08:04   Link #51
kemkemmers

Practically, all D-mail, time leap and time machine are sent to different worldline as the wordline has already changed at the moment they arrived. But in either case, your question have a point.

Quote:
how could Future Okabe have sent a video message across timelines?
It is mentioned only in the novelized version "Steins;Gate Enkan Rensa no Ouroboros". The logic is complex, so to write only about conclusions, future Okabe invented some technology called Worldline Compression based on Worldline Duplication theory, and by using it, he spent more than 100 years to send countless segmented video D-mails at countless different wordlines. In most worldlines the mail was received as incomplete video file and became noise. Finally in the worldline of episode 23, it was recieved as a complete video mail.

Quote:
Did the timeline change after Okabe saves Kurisu in the TRUE END (I'm assuming it did since Suzuha disappeared on the time machine), and if so, why was Okabe hospitalized (only his mind should have traveled, so his wounds shouldn't exist anymore)?[B]
Yes, the worldline changed to Steins Gate worldline where no future was pre-determined, which means time machine would never be invented. How the past of the Steins Gate worldline was rebuild hasn't been told yet. All we know is Kurisu was saved by Okabe for some reason and then Okabe was hospitalized for some reason. You can call it plot hole, or "it is left up to viewers" or "will be told in my fanfiction!" or anything.

Last edited by kemkemmers; 2011-11-01 at 09:14.
Old 2012-01-24, 17:13   Link #52
fma029812

Maybe it is obvious, but I am kind of confused about that llama video thing in the beginning of the show? Did it have significance? It seemed creepy at least....
Old 2012-02-08, 09:09   Link #53
Akechi01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
We don't know for sure that the Titor from 2000 was Suzuha, do we ?
yes we do, because in the original world line, the alias user, John Titor, uses the same theory as the John Titor in the diverged lines. Suzuha also has a time machine that can travel forward and backward in time. Remember the awkward beginning? when there was that rumbling and he saw future Suzuha on the roof? that was when the original line Suzuha was taking Okabe back to rescue Makise. That Suzuha also says that she traveled first to 1975, then to 2000 and then to the present time to convince okabe to rescue Makise.
Old 2012-02-24, 11:42   Link #54
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Do you think there should be another season? Do you think there are enough questions and material left for another season?

I really enjoyed watching this series and I was glad that it
Spoiler for series:

But I am not sure if I want another season. What are you guys' opinion on this one?
Old 2012-02-24, 11:45   Link #55
Shadow5YA

What was full name of Suzuha's mother again?
Old 2012-02-24, 11:48   Link #56
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Do you think there should be another season? Do you think there are enough questions and material left for another season?

I really enjoyed watching this series and I was glad that it
Spoiler for series:

But I am not sure if I want another season. What are you guys' opinion on this one?
I love the series, the anime, the game, the merchandise. I just don't see how they can do another series of the anime unless they focus it more on Hiyoku Renri no Darlin or base it off of one of the spin-off mangas/novels.
Old 2012-02-24, 11:56   Link #57
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What was full name of Suzuha's mother again?
Spoiler:

Last edited by GDB; 2012-02-24 at 11:57. Reason: Spoiler tagging, just in case
Old 2012-02-26, 11:05   Link #58
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

This only season is just perfect, the OVA episode even put a definitive ending to this anime, but i feel the need of more Steins;Gate. No matter if the second season would be just inferior compared to the actual only one, i just know i want more. I want Okabe's laughs and his jokes on Kurise, I want more Kurise&Okabe... i simply can't get enough.

So, even though i'm sure a second season would disappoint me, compared to the first one, i still would like to have it. This is one of the series they should make 100+ episodes long, lol, untill you really get sick of it(impossible).

The only way to make a second season(and i know it won't happen), would be to make someone else come from the future and mess up in their current timeline. They would be forced to reproduced the time machine, while having some flashes about what happened in the past, adding some jokes here and there, and eventually show how Daru gets involved with his future wife. This is just my flash, it won't happen, neither i really hope in it. But it's the only way i could see a second season incoming.
Old 2012-02-27, 20:45   Link #59
Qikz

I think a second series set in the Delta world line would be pretty cool, even if it did turn it into a more dating-sim style anime. Kurisu <3
Old 2012-03-05, 12:56   Link #60
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I just started playing the game after watching the anime - it's great so far. I'm new to the whole VN scene, but if missed a certain flag, do I completely miss the entire route/special ending? Also, is there an easy to way replay sections to see endings, or do I really have to start all the way from the beginning?

Eh, this might of belonged in the game thread instead..sorry.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a