AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-07, 20:59   Link #61
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Lucky Star OVA FTW ~ !

I don't really care what it's about as long as it's more Lucky Star!
Old 2008-06-11, 22:29   Link #62
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

OVA? More of the same, お願いいたします!

Just gimme more Kagamin darn it.
Old 2008-06-12, 10:48   Link #63
_DaViD_
~(=ω=.)~

konata + tenchou = epic win
Old 2008-06-19, 16:42   Link #64
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
In a rather unusual turn of events, the release date for the impending Lucky Star OVA has been pushed back an entire month, from August 29th to September 26th.
Source : Sankaku Complex

That's not official but it would be sad.
Old 2008-06-19, 18:59   Link #65
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Source : Sankaku Complex

That's not official but it would be sad.
I dunno...but I've a funny feeling that they've been eavesdropping on more than a few unenthused fan misgivings...

Dee
Old 2008-06-22, 00:12   Link #66
Peanutbutter

Any possibility that instead of the Lucky Star OVA, Kyoani is gonna pull one big one on us and show Haruhi season 2 first episode?
Old 2008-06-24, 14:49   Link #67
Teh2ndrunner
History Fanatic

Quote:
Too damn true my friend!

I just hope that the OVA will tie up the loose ends after episode 24 ( although tht prolly wnt happen). Obviously I hope for more randomness!
Old 2008-06-24, 16:22   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DaViD_ View Post
Just so ya'll realize there's more than one viewpoint: for me, that would be an epic lose.... tenchou is an anime-only creation that I found entertaining for exactly one episode. I'd prefer that the OVA return to or stick to its roots (the 4-koma that the anime was derived from).
Unfortunately, it seems the characters and story are being co-opted as tools to push other franchises. Kind of like Snoopy being known more for the Met Life advertising than what it is he did in the first place that was so charming.
Old 2008-06-24, 19:28   Link #69
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, already in the anime, Patricia stole the scene which belonged to Ko (Hiyori's Year 2 senpai), the one with Hiyori's early art.

Also, Fuyuki needs some love. Her and Hikari should get some scenes together.

Also, for the voice cast, I really would like to hear the drama CD cast for the OVA.
Old 2008-06-24, 19:32   Link #70
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't Tenchou have his own little series as well as being the mascot of Animate long before Lucky Star. It is more a revival than and anime-only character.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:25   Link #71
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

That's correct. Gainax did an OVA on him in 2002.

Still, I won't associate the Tenchou with Lucky Star.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:57   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It worries me that every key character but my favourite (Miyuki) is on the latest promo art for the OVA. What did Kyoani just up and say "Well screw her she's like got Pink Hair....and ummmm KONATA!". If Miyuki gets shafted again like in the latter parts of the TV series then I'm not going to be impressed as I got more laughs out of her then any other character combined I think.
Old 2008-06-24, 21:00   Link #73
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Miyuki gets quite a bit of love in the manga version. See her cry over telephone calls (that mistake her for her mother, and vice versa) and her mother's idiotic requests (centered on Minami's playing of the piano).
Old 2008-06-24, 21:07   Link #74
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm waiting for the Macross jokes that almost need to be coming out of Lucky Star.
Old 2008-06-24, 21:08   Link #75
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ah yes, the two Aya-san.
Old 2008-06-24, 21:25   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm waiting for the Macross jokes that almost need to be coming out of Lucky Star.
What 'bout my Lucky Star?
Old 2008-06-24, 23:34   Link #77
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Macross jokes would require Miyuki to complete. Same VA as Sheryl, thus possible fun with Miyuki in addition to her normal antics.
Old 2008-06-25, 09:59   Link #78
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It worries me that every key character but my favourite (Miyuki) is on the latest promo art for the OVA. What did Kyoani just up and say "Well screw her she's like got Pink Hair....and ummmm KONATA!". If Miyuki gets shafted again like in the latter parts of the TV series then I'm not going to be impressed as I got more laughs out of her then any other character combined I think.
Miyuki's just not as popular as the others. She's been touted as the moe machine inside the series, but she just pales in comparison to others. She also doesn't seem very deep, which probably hurt her in the polls.
Old 2008-06-25, 13:44   Link #79
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Macronized Konata-sama FTW! I've mentioned it before but for the Hiiragi twins, Tsukasa is Ranka and Kagami is ... Alto!

Speaking of awesome purple-haired twins... I guess these could be the inspiration (look for the family pic).
Old 2008-06-25, 16:05   Link #80
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
Miyuki's just not as popular as the others. She's been touted as the moe machine inside the series, but she just pales in comparison to others. She also doesn't seem very deep, which probably hurt her in the polls.
She's still the funniest character I found. And she also has a less strictly moe antics side to her character. I would say that Tsukasa fills the straight up moe factor pretty much all the time followed by Konata, then Miyuki and then Kagami.

Konata I had mixed feelings about because of her tendency to be used a mouthpiece for certain real life products. Tsukasa was just sort of too ditzy for me to really grow attached to to any degree. Kagami was alright I think if exploited to much for the tsundere gag, but Miyuki had that sort of smarter then she looks, but ultimately clutzy character thing going that just ended in me getting more laughs out of her in the series early stretches then any other character. I noticed I tended to like and laugh at the series less the less screentime she got and the more Konata centric the series became. They just sort of overused Konata way to much in the latter episodes and marginalized a significant portion of the cast. I mean there's only so much interest I can take in a character that lives to buy Kadokawa Shoten merchandise and manifests as a glorified version of the Otaku's ideal girlfriend. Miyuki may not be deep, but I found her the least shallow and archetypal of the main group when I looked at her from a different perspective then what Konata pointed out.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, ova, school life, seinen