AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 03:08   Link #1461
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The only problem right now in jungle is that if you go superior route, you're like 4 xp short (technically 5 since you level up the moment you exceed the listed xp amount) of levelling to 4 after second wolf. Example...

Before:
wolf, wraith (lvl up when smite wraith), dbl golems (lvl), back
blue, wolf (lvl), wraith, dbl golems, red (lvl)

Now:
wolf, wraith (lvl up when smite wraith), dbl golems (lvl), back
blue, wolf, wraith(lvl), dbl golems, red (lvl)

Heard it's gonna get hotfixed, so it shouldn't be a problem sooner or later. But it does put a few kinks in my Gp10 jungling builds.

Apart from that, new masteries in general are better. The only nerfs I've seen are higher tier defense masteries, where initiator is nowhere near as good as nimbleness was, and honor guard is not worth to get unless you maxed out hp/mr/armor masteries (which is unlikely). Mercenary is nigh useless as well, since even pro player junglers average around 12-13 kills+assists per game, which is like only 312g extra.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 05:00   Link #1462
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Jungle became a hell of a lot safer, Trundled my way starting from blue, which I killed with 100% HP, finished at golems and hit LV4 at exactly 4 mins. So what are the new record times?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 05:04   Link #1463
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
New masteries reduced my pages from 10 to 4, talk about effective
I am using 6 atm, and 3 more for testing cause I haven't decided what's better yet for few champs especially Skarner as a jungler .

Edit:
Quote:
Jungle became a hell of a lot safer, Trundled my way starting from blue, which I killed with 100% HP, finished at golems and hit LV4 at exactly 4 mins. So what are the new record times?
how do you hit lvl4 without clearing red/lizards?, I usually clear blue(2) > wolves > wraiths(3) > golems > red(4) > gank/b in about 4:10~4:25 for skarner depending which of the one masteries I am using.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 06:35   Link #1464
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Did red first, still had room for golems after that, packed boots and went to gank right after, started with a vamp scepter. Offensive masteries are now a nice bonus for AP builds too, reached 1192 AP with Galio (bot game, but still pushed his max), and upped his starting AP to 94 with surge.
One problem I got though is on the support tree, I find both CDR AND the heavily buffed perseverance to be essential, but I can't take both with just 21 points. Any thoughts?
Old 2011-11-16, 06:47   Link #1465
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I am not exactly sure how 1 point in any of them will help you. The easy solution would be to go 0/0/30 or 1/0/29||0/1/29 whatever you prefer.

Has anyone even considered using the anti-tower masteries?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:26   Link #1466
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Apart from that, new masteries in general are better. The only nerfs I've seen are higher tier defense masteries, where initiator is nowhere near as good as nimbleness was, and honor guard is not worth to get unless you maxed out hp/mr/armor masteries (which is unlikely). Mercenary is nigh useless as well, since even pro player junglers average around 12-13 kills+assists per game, which is like only 312g extra.
As an Irelia and Leona player I utterly disagree regarding nimbleness it was shit on both of them while initiator is amazing for Irelia(over 350 speed without boots is so dam awesome ) and good for Leona, nimbleness was only a lose for jax really and Enlightenment is an amazing addition to the defense tree much better than Ardor for most tanks, while I agree about Mercenary(would fit better in utility for support champs instead of lolsage) and honor guard I'd say depends on the champ, while I'd utility was the only tree nerfed really(to put full points in) while since swiftness gives 1% less MS yet takes 4 points ugh, and greed takes 2 points for old effect.

Edit:
Quote:
Did red first, still had room for golems after that, packed boots and went to gank right after, started with a vamp scepter.
One problem I got though is on the support tree, I find both CDR AND the heavily buffed perseverance to be essential, but I can't take both with just 21 points. Any thoughts?
I agree there it makes me consider a 0/0/30 build for Sona now, and Ah as Skarner pretty much have to start blue for mana reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I am running demolitionist and promote on Nidalee currently it lets me really punish my mid opponent for leaving lane or dying, though siege commander is fairly noticeable if you have a group of minions to push the tower with.
MAL
Old 2011-11-16, 07:28   Link #1467
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Hell yeah, casters have a very hard time beating turrets, and when your AD carry sucks, you're all they got! Plus, it's an extra aura for tanks to focus on, 10 armor's a good amount for the outer turrets and it's even more useful in 3v3.
Quote:
utility was the only tree nerfed really(to put full points in) while since swiftness gives 1% less MS yet takes 4 points ugh, and greed takes 2 points for old effect.
Not really, swiftness is now a T2 mastery so you don't need 15 points to have it maxed, you got a sight range buff on wards, and greed went from a filler slot to a necessity for wealth. Dorans+pots being available again is pretty big on some champs...and ofc improved recall is something nobody should miss out on. What's enhanced recall though, I searched all over and can't find it...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-11-16 at 10:27.
Old 2011-11-16, 13:24   Link #1468
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@Konakaga

You just missed about every jungler who can get dodge runes/ninja tabi without affecting their clear, or have natural dodge taking nimbleness everytime. From Udyr, to Cho, to Skarner, to Shyvana, nimbleness helped these champions to be 'sticky' to their targets. And with minion aggro helping dodge procs, nimbleness 10% ms boost was pretty much up all the time in teamfights.

On the other hand, Initiator is only a 3% boost in the beginning of a teamfight. It just feels so lacking even as something that's supposed to force a fight.

And no one took Ardor, as that was one of the worst masteries in the game. Strength of Singed was much better, point for point, as it scaled with your mana. Made some heroes pretty hectic to deal with during laning phase.

Utility though got buffed overall. The ability to get a ward with regrowth pendant, or go faeirie charm + 4 wards + 1 pot on supports is VERY strong early game. And 1gp10 > 1% MS anyday of the week.

@Kafriel
Perseverance still sucks. 18 more hp for pots, or 1 more regen for every 11 you already have isn't worth losing the 4% CDR + 10% Mpen for offensive supports (like Sona), or losing the 30hp + 6hp/level for defensive supports.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 14:06   Link #1469
User190323
Disabled By Request

Akali got a nerf today but still she is OP :P amg i love my akali <3 ^^
and that new champ is OP o_0
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 14:11   Link #1470
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Konakaga

You just missed about every jungler who can get dodge runes/ninja tabi without affecting their clear, or have natural dodge taking nimbleness everytime. From Udyr, to Cho, to Skarner, to Shyvana, nimbleness helped these champions to be 'sticky' to their targets. And with minion aggro helping dodge procs, nimbleness 10% ms boost was pretty much up all the time in teamfights.

On the other hand, Initiator is only a 3% boost in the beginning of a teamfight. It just feels so lacking even as something that's supposed to force a fight.

And no one took Ardor, as that was one of the worst masteries in the game. Strength of Singed was much better, point for point, as it scaled with your mana. Made some heroes pretty hectic to deal with during laning phase.

Utility though got buffed overall. The ability to get a ward with regrowth pendant, or go faeirie charm + 4 wards + 1 pot on supports is VERY strong early game. And 1gp10 > 1% MS anyday of the week.
Eh Skarner needs merc. threads for tenacity really, so I don't see it as a lose(I've never seen anyone build ninja tabi on him or cho) and I always preferred armor runes to dodge runes for jungling since leaving your defense to RNG isn't fun, however since udyr gets dodge natural it is definitely a lose for him, and yea old hp/5 mastery was definitely better, but arguable unbalanced . And Ardor was only viable on select few champs.

And for gp 10 vs MS for supports sure, but anyone else no, now only supports will take utility really, I don't see it being viable on junglers or tanky-dps now.

Quote:
What's enhanced recall though, I searched all over and can't find it...
"enhanced recall" is the slightly faster version for dominion .
MAL
Old 2011-11-16, 14:51   Link #1471
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
and that new champ is OP o_0
New champ is annoying as shit, can't initiate on him...but he isn't OP, even people playing him expected him to have a strong burst or something. From what I saw, Fizz is better as a tanky on-hit bruiser.
Quote:
I don't see it being viable on junglers or tanky-dps now.
Scout says hi...also my current jungle tree is 2/10/18, all I took from defense was armor, 3 damage block and bladed armor. The rest went into gp10, buff duration and awareness.
Quote:
Perseverance still sucks. 18 more hp for pots, or 1 more regen for every 11 you already have isn't worth losing the 4% CDR + 10% Mpen for offensive supports (like Sona), or losing the 30hp + 6hp/level for defensive supports.
Thanks for the input~
Quote:
Strength of Singed was much better
I lol'd

EDIT: That reminds me, anyone dared try the "buffed" heal?
Old 2011-11-16, 16:03   Link #1472
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol just saw the new masteries. It's like if the game changed.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 16:16   Link #1473
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The loss of dodge percentage in the defensive tree makes me stumble around figuring out which points to invest in which masteries for Jax. With flash being nerfed and the new surge spell. I see the extra ap + as to be the best replacement for flash for Jax since you can jump to a nearby minion to make up for the loss

Yeah, the game completely changed for me with the new masteries...
Old 2011-11-16, 16:30   Link #1474
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Surge sure is popular, 80 free AP is bloody epic! Promote's okay, but surge really shines with the bonus AS as well, especially for on-hit AP builds.
Old 2011-11-16, 18:32   Link #1475
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I was in a game with Heal/Promote Garen last night... Our lane got pushed stupidly fast and I started roaming around on Nidalee with him holding the tower, game went well I believe (despite the fact that my router had a fit towards the end, giving me a leave ;_; ).
Old 2011-11-17, 05:22   Link #1476
Kafriel
Senior Guest

EPIC kill: Urgot switching a Pantheon into a jitb nest. Probably the most nasty thing I've done in LoL so far xD
Old 2011-11-17, 17:41   Link #1477
User190323
Disabled By Request

Quote:
EPIC kill: Urgot switching a Pantheon into a jitb nest. Probably the most nasty thing I've done in LoL so far xD
would love to see that switching someone into a turret is also fun
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 04:10   Link #1478
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I've been curious about something. With Pantheon's lust for mana dragging players down. Wouldn't Manamune help in this situation? It increases damage by 2% every mana and you spam the abilities like mad for an increase 1000 mana with 7+ mana regen. Or would this deviate too far from his build that it will mess him up?
Old 2011-11-20, 04:27   Link #1479
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Manamune is only in few champions' core build, namely Urgot, Yorick, AD Ezreal, AD Blitzcrank and optionally Corki. IMO Pantheon is like Sivir, having a chalice is the better option, because they can deal a load of damage with AA, with no need to chain all their skills together like the first three mentioned champions. I don't own Pantheon, but I'd play him on free weeks with a Sheen and chalice/catalyst (for caster heavy teams), didn't really face any mana issues.
Note that Manamune is always a rushed item, and it offers about 79 AD when maxed out - which should be around 20 minutes in the game, provided you actually manage to build it early enough.
Old 2011-11-20, 04:33   Link #1480
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yes chalice is certainly better at regenerating mana. But I was trying to find an alternative to providing more mana for Pantheon while at the same time not making him lose any attack damage in the process. Chalice does increase mana regeneration by a great deal, but it doesn't provide any attack damage to be placed in an item slot. I don't know, it may just be me worrying about providing enough damage for Pantheon that I might just waste up needed money trying to rush it.

Edit: Sheen is something I would like to try for Pantheon. Leap + AA = Massive impacto

Tags
league of legends, lol