AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-16, 16:22   Link #61
mrShady

I'm confused though. How come after all Doflamingo has done he still retains his title?
He kidnapped and experimented on children.
He has dealings with at least 1 of the emperors.
He had a mole in the marines (a VA and base commander no less).
He almost killed Smoker and the other G5 marines.

How can anyone working for the marines still consider this a form of justice?
However it does set up nicely for a revolt within the WG and the Marines. Also Smoker would probably be the first to jump ship.

Also the dwarfs are awesome. I hope 1 of them joins the crew. The one with Zoro has caught my interest the most, with that wicked strength she doesn't fall behind any of the other members.
Still there's also Momonosuke with his imperfect fruit, he just mixes well with the other odd balls on board... argh I'm just not sure who would be the most likely addition.
Old 2013-06-16, 18:19   Link #62
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post

Also the dwarfs are awesome. I hope 1 of them joins the crew. The one with Zoro has caught my interest the most, with that wicked strength she doesn't fall behind any of the other members.
Still there's also Momonosuke with his imperfect fruit, he just mixes well with the other odd balls on board... argh I'm just not sure who would be the most likely addition.
I can see both of them being added to the group tbh. Along with chopper they can add another dynamic to the crew interactions with their cuteness (franky, sanji and brook as creepy pervs as an example).
Old 2013-06-16, 21:12   Link #63
marvelB

Quote:
I'm confused though. How come after all Doflamingo has done he still retains his title?
He kidnapped and experimented on children.
He has dealings with at least 1 of the emperors.
He had a mole in the marines (a VA and base commander no less).
He almost killed Smoker and the other G5 marines.

Hey, let's also remember that the dude dealt in slave trade, which had the WG's upper echelon (the world nobles) as regular customers. The WG has its fair share of corruption on their side too, so I think they'd be willing to overlook their "business partner's" dirty deeds as long as they reap the benefits in the long run. That should apply to pretty much all of the warlords, not just Dofla alone (though they'll obviously put their foot down in cases like Crocodile's, who was secretly conspiring against them).....

And as far as assaulting marines go, we already saw Dofla doing that hundreds of chapters ago, back when he was first introduced. Heck, we even saw other warlords messing around with marines before the skip, like Moria and Hancock (the former stole some of their shadows for his zombie army, while the latter petrified a bunch of officers both before AND during the summit war). So I guess unless the opponent is an admiral or FA, the shichibukai are pretty much excused from assaulting a few marine officers!
Old 2013-06-17, 13:18   Link #64
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I can see both of them being added to the group tbh. Along with chopper they can add another dynamic to the crew interactions with their cuteness (franky, sanji and brook as creepy pervs as an example).
I think adding 2 new members at the same time would mess up the crew dynamics. It would require a lot of panels to properly establish their relations with the other members, not to mention plot development would slow down to a crawl.

Then again the current arc has tons of new characters and even some old ones and it's still moving along nicely. However I fear the all out chaos chapters (like enies lobby) with everyone running around fighting left and right, it's going to be hard to keep track of all the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hey, let's also remember that the dude dealt in slave trade, which had the WG's upper echelon (the world nobles) as regular customers. The WG has its fair share of corruption on their side too, so I think they'd be willing to overlook their "business partner's" dirty deeds as long as they reap the benefits in the long run. That should apply to pretty much all of the warlords, not just Dofla alone (though they'll obviously put their foot down in cases like Crocodile's, who was secretly conspiring against them).....

And as far as assaulting marines go, we already saw Dofla doing that hundreds of chapters ago, back when he was first introduced. Heck, we even saw other warlords messing around with marines before the skip, like Moria and Hancock (the former stole some of their shadows for his zombie army, while the latter petrified a bunch of officers both before AND during the summit war). So I guess unless the opponent is an admiral or FA, the shichibukai are pretty much excused from assaulting a few marine officers!
I get what you're saying, however there should be a limit right?
Maybe this is one of the reasons Aokiji left the marines. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a set up for a revolution within the Marines. If only Smoker was a little stronger he could be a great revolutionary.
Any way I'm really expecting some sort of back lash for the marines after this arc.
Old 2013-06-17, 16:02   Link #65
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Well I know It is veeeery unlikely, but still I think it would be interesting if Luffy had a fleet with multiple ships. Of course that fleet would not follow them all the way, because (as it SEEMED at least) the Oro Jackson from Roger also went alone to Raftel in the end. Though at this point I don't think we even know if Roger EVER had a fleet.
Old 2013-06-17, 16:53   Link #66
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Any way I'm really expecting some sort of back lash for the marines after this arc.
Under Akainu's new regime/leadership, don't bet on it.
Old 2013-06-17, 17:10   Link #67
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
I think adding 2 new members at the same time would mess up the crew dynamics. It would require a lot of panels to properly establish their relations with the other members, not to mention plot development would slow down to a crawl.

Then again the current arc has tons of new characters and even some old ones and it's still moving along nicely. However I fear the all out chaos chapters (like enies lobby) with everyone running around fighting left and right, it's going to be hard to keep track of all the details.
Depends on if Oda can make it work. We've already been introduced to Momo through the punk hazard arc and, kinda like with robin and franky, can join the crew at the same time without necessarily being developed at the same time
Old 2013-06-19, 04:24   Link #68
Undertaker

Quote:
I get what you're saying, however there should be a limit right?
Maybe this is one of the reasons Aokiji left the marines. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a set up for a revolution within the Marines. If only Smoker was a little stronger he could be a great revolutionary.
But isn't that what the privateer are as well, they are basically pardon of everything as long as their value is still there, ie capture other pirates, looting, etc. To WG, those they attack were neccessary casualties.

Besides, with the way WG is known to have cover stuff up they probably wish the entire G5 is wiped out.

Thogh that does raise question on why would WG still tolerate Dofla when he made fool of them, not so much the experiments (they probably won't mind if it means an army of DF user) but the fact that a VA is his one of his direct associates.
Old 2013-06-19, 15:18   Link #69
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Besides, with the way WG is known to have cover stuff up they probably wish the entire G5 is wiped out.

Thogh that does raise question on why would WG still tolerate Dofla when he made fool of them, not so much the experiments (they probably won't mind if it means an army of DF user) but the fact that a VA is his one of his direct associates.

You know, I think you actually kinda answered your own question here, as far as Vergo goes. While a mole he may have been, he was still a part of G5, which has a reputation of being just as ruthless and unruly as the criminals they oppress. My guess is that the WG wouldn't really bat an eyelash if all of G5 were to disappear one day, since that unit was made up of "misfits", anyway (after all, let's not forget that Smoker isn't on the best of terms with his employers, either)......
Old 2013-06-20, 03:18   Link #70
Undertaker

Good point, then is really isn't that weird Dofla still retain his position and all of it is just a show.

Though with that being said, it also means that WG not only still regard SH as a serious threat they are also even willing to lose Law in this potential conflict.

You know, I also won't be shocked if it ends up that Kaidou has some sort of deal with WG as well through Dofla.
Old 2013-06-20, 09:07   Link #71
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Depends on if Oda can make it work. We've already been introduced to Momo through the punk hazard arc and, kinda like with robin and franky, can join the crew at the same time without necessarily being developed at the same time
I really doubt it'll work, but we'll see.
Spoiler for Wall of quotes:

While I agree that Akainu and a big portion of the marines won't bat an eyelash at these methods, not all marines are alike. Some might feel that what the marines and WG are doing is wrong and start to question their own actions. This could lead to a revolution within the marines.
I'm not saying that all of this will happen in the current arc, but it might be the set up.

Oda still hasn't really told us much about the revolutionaries or Luffy's dad and this might be the perfect time to do so. Don't forget Robin also stayed at their HQ but we never learned what exactly happened. Then there's the cover story which also revolves around a revolutionary....
Of course this is all just speculation, but I think it's just Oda making a great set up for later down the road.
Old 2013-06-20, 12:40   Link #72
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
As I told a friend of mine, the best way to determine who is going to be the next member of the straw hats is to see who has the next tragic flashback that gives them a reason to keep living on and get stronger (the Mermaid Princess nonwithstanding)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-06-20, 14:48   Link #73
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
As I told a friend of mine, the best way to determine who is going to be the next member of the straw hats is to see who has the next tragic flashback that gives them a reason to keep living on and get stronger (the Mermaid Princess nonwithstanding)
The only ones we get flashbacks for are usually:

1. (Potential) Crewmates
2. Some villains (e.g. Buggy)
3. some associates of crewmembers (e.g. Iceburg)
4. Luffy's harem members (e.g. Hancock, Mermaid Princess, etc.)
Old 2013-06-20, 21:00   Link #74
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I should've been more specific: flashback arcs that take more than one episode to cover, and are very tragic. I think Shirahoshi is one of the few who met those criteria and didn't join the crew (for obvious reasons)

Each of the members so far has had a very emotional flashback, though admittedly the early members were maybe only an episode long at most (I don't remember off the top of my head how long the flashbacks were for Zoro, Nami and Sanji... though I'm pretty sure that Usopp's was only one episode at max)

Old 2013-06-20, 21:44   Link #75
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I should've been more specific: flashback arcs that take more than one episode to cover, and are very tragic. I think Shirahoshi is one of the few who met those criteria and didn't join the crew (for obvious reasons)

Each of the members so far has had a very emotional flashback, though admittedly the early members were maybe only an episode long at most (I don't remember off the top of my head how long the flashbacks were for Zoro, Nami and Sanji... though I'm pretty sure that Usopp's was only one episode at max)
What about Otohime then? Hers was quite long as well... but as you see she did not become a crewmember as she is dead and wouldn't join anyway. And although Jimbei was narrating it, he himself was not involved enough for it to be used as "his" past.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:29   Link #76
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Which is precisely why I said Shirahoshi nonwithstanding... since obviously it was more of Otohime's story, but it's related to Shirahoshi (and it wasn't exactly Jinbe's past)

Old 2013-06-21, 00:44   Link #77
danielevo

how if samurai from wano will join luffy crew ? i think he have an unique ability and not bad in strength..
Old 2013-06-21, 07:10   Link #78
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Do we REALLY need a 3rd swordsman?
Old 2013-06-21, 11:23   Link #79
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Do we REALLY need a 3rd swordsman?
we need 3rd woman so bad though
Old 2013-06-21, 18:00   Link #80
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
how if samurai from wano will join luffy crew ? i think he have an unique ability and not bad in strength..
Nah he's just a temporary member like vivi.