AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 08:38   Link #40101
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Alaska seems to be a good place for every single fiction involving secret base. Either that or Nevada (Area 51)

Do note, irony will hit the fan, breach the roof, slam into a stray ICBM all the way to low earth orbit then destroy International Space Station. America rules, no joke

(Gospel's creation is against Alaska Treaty)
Old 2013-02-01, 08:55   Link #40102
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Oh the--

...yeah.

Guess I would assume the Academy sent the Personals because they're the closest infrastructure that houses ISes/pilots to the Silver Gospel when it arrived into Japanese airspace.

*looks at own fic plot*

...So, it's going to be like that.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:00   Link #40103
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Actually it's consistent with Izuru-hate (or Japan's overall mockery) of American, really.

Can't be closer that canon, in my opinion. of course if you want to tone it down, then changes are strictly demanded.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:08   Link #40104
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

What do you mean by tone it down?
Old 2013-02-01, 09:19   Link #40105
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. novel heavily implied that America still a dominant power despite all, or perhaps because, changes done by I.S., thus they'll able to screw rules as they see fit, like... you know, in real life.

1. Novel said country A, what country A is more influential than Japan? Amestris? (Pffft)
2. They screw Alaska Treaty and get away with it, in case of Gospel's field testing. (Tabane Hijacked it during the test)
3. They DID IT AGAIN, with Fang Quake.
4. Which mean they're building two kind of prototype where everyone else struggle with one type.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:36   Link #40106
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well that is one reason I have it in Athena that the Fang Quake is forced to hold back from chasing the Silver Gospel after it left for Japan.

Though I'm more concerned as to how... convenient it was for the Personals to be sent to intercept it, given their stand as the only place in Japanese territory that has ISes. Granted, it was an underhand move to allow Akatsubaki to boast its capabilities but what if it concerns any other rogue IS that presents itself in Japanese territory?

Another IS that's not hacked by Tabane or has any hostile intentions towards the Academy but still violates the Alaska Treaty with it's own very existence.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:42   Link #40107
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I think the answer simply clear: I.S.A.'s influence extend to Japan's entire airspace.

Note that if 100+ anime example has to be believed, gospel arc happened entirely in west Japan, far cry from I.S.A. location. Why?

1. Most, if not all recreational beach in Japan are in the West
2. Because the beach would be natural (Korean strait) as opposed to artificial (Pacific Ocean)
3. Sunset, of course. What is a beach without sunset?

And yet, I.S.A. had 100% authority and experienced 0% interference. I need to find that map in the anime though, in case I'm wrong.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:43   Link #40108
demino_hellsin
That one guy

was fangquake specified as a secret prototype? I just realized about the gospel. Was the gospel's existence considered confidential? or the fact that it went batshit?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 09:53   Link #40109
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I can live with that. Then again, I'm only partially-following canon anyways so locations tend to get changed here and there.

Hell, maybe for Gospel, I might just stick to the west as implied.

My concerns now narrows to this one question:
Would the Academy still send the Personals to recover an unregistered IS unit if it's present in let say... Kagoshima, which is like at the extreme south-west tip of Japan.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:53   Link #40110
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
All of them are true

Fang Quake is kind of lacking since it's a newly rolled out prototype like BT, Gospel is already at a point of maturity, like Silent Zephyr.

@ Stratos
Once again, the implication doesn't mean necessary truth, you have all the liberty because nothing specific mentioned in novel regarding the location.

If you go with I.S.A Airspace = Japan Airspace, I think Kagoshima does count.
Old 2013-02-01, 10:04   Link #40111
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So fangquake and gospel really are secret models.
Old 2013-02-01, 13:44   Link #40112
agetreme
Just another Idiot

The original Machines, Disgeist is known as Vantier (Combining Vanguard with Frontier...while having a pun on Frontier).

The whole idea why Vantier is unmanned space machine is because it make more sense to send Probe to explore unknown space first to know what awaits, before sending humans into it.

What Vantier lack in power(compared to IS) is made up by sheer speed. Due to lack of a human pilot, there is no need to worry stuff like Equilibrioception...etc, allowing the machine to go into speed which surpass all manned machines.

Vantier can perform something known as Exceed, which is akin to over-clocking your computer, it allow the machine to performance much faster, at the price of it causing damages to the machine itself faster than its self-repairing system can repair. However, there is a built up time before it can reach its peak damage potential.

By combining data of Optimizer with Vantier's original plan, Vantier is able to increase the IS performance a bit (having another computer on-board, allow the IS core to focus on more important task). Also when docked with Vantier, IS is also capable of performing Exceed, though it lack the attacking speed but pack much more power, turning the machine into something like OO-raiser. The IS using Exceed suffer a disadvantage of having lower-performance after using Exceed due to its Frame being overload.

====

Point to note: Every single male characters (including Ichika and other author's Male OCs) is better than Alfred in some way....which kind make him miserable.

Instead of having your usual: "there are always people better than you", he got "there are people better than the people better than you".

E.g.: One character is better than him and then there is another character who is better than the One character.

On a more serious note: It is relating to Male's fear: The feeling of being incompetent, useless and powerless which is one of the reasons why males hate IS, it make them feel weak and unneeded in a society where male's value (as Bread-winner, as head of a family) isn't as strong as it used to be.

=

Current list of OC: (For now because I am too tired to think)
Spoiler for cutted for length:
Old 2013-02-02, 01:21   Link #40113
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Testing of Tennou (aka ByakuShiki ALT)

Spoiler for Space saving:

This happened before gun wolf incident, and just after the wacky waterpark. Whether it's a curbstomp on Cecilia or Ichika's part, he's going to win since, how long is five minutes? he last like 20+ minutes in their first match. The match is not without it's twist and turn though

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-02-02 at 02:36.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 01:45   Link #40114
demino_hellsin
That one guy

how would Laura's voice actor sound singing this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC_y3IOgqCs
Old 2013-02-02, 04:40   Link #40115
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Just for fun

Spoiler for How to write I.S. fanfiction:

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-02-02 at 05:05.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 04:50   Link #40116
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, I'm bored too.
Old 2013-02-02, 04:58   Link #40117
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Sure sounds like a genuine rant right there

Maybe it's just the boredom setting in with Eras MIA-ish.
Old 2013-02-02, 05:06   Link #40118
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My own fic takes multiple jab of course

I was making fun of every fic (Rule 13 is for Eras, while 13a. refer back to rule 3) with no exception, and standard disclaimer applies that it's a parody. it's also full of spoiler and unneeded references.
Old 2013-02-02, 05:15   Link #40119
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But... Madoka X Chifuyu is golden D:
Old 2013-02-02, 05:18   Link #40120
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hence the parody

also see 19.a.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest