Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-01, 11:27   Link #1
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
with all this talk of gigai, i'm gonna go slightly off topic and ask a question. Do the vaizards use gigai? It would seem they would need to, but they also seem to always have their swords at the ready, so I'm not sure...
Old 2006-03-02, 04:10   Link #2
propa03
I am an onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
This is off-topic, but I guess some mod is going to move this post (and my answer) to the right thread (Q&A):
Of course they use gigais... Hirako went to school, this wouldn't have been possible without a gigai.

The real question is: Where do they get their Gigais?
Yeah, I though of that after I made my post. Maybe someone in their group is a scientist? Possibly that person can create them, though we don't know the exact method of creation.
Old 2006-03-02, 04:20   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by propa03
Yeah, I though of that after I made my post. Maybe someone in their group is a scientist? Possibly that person can create them, though we don't know the exact method of creation.
Actually, there is another possibility.

Please remember that modified souls were originally intended to be put into dead bodies. If a mod soul can do it, there is the possibility that shinigami can do it as well. Perhaps they are reviving corpses instead of making gigais.

Of course that raises the question of why these bodies look like their spiritual bodies. Of course, it is probably easier to change a bodies appearance, than to create a body from scratch. This way they would need far fewer resources.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-02, 07:38   Link #4
propa03
I am an onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, there is another possibility.

Please remember that modified souls were originally intended to be put into dead bodies. If a mod soul can do it, there is the possibility that shinigami can do it as well. Perhaps they are reviving corpses instead of making gigais.

Of course that raises the question of why these bodies look like their spiritual bodies. Of course, it is probably easier to change a bodies appearance, than to create a body from scratch. This way they would need far fewer resources.
that still doesn't explain about their swords... unless i'm missing something and they've only had swords when around spiritually aware people, that would make it possible they left their gigai/corpses off screen at some point.

I personally think a shinigami would find it disrespectful to enter a corpse, but maybe the rules are different for vaizards.
Old 2006-03-02, 14:06   Link #5
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
that still doesn't explain about their swords... unless i'm missing something and they've only had swords when around spiritually aware people, that would make it possible they left their gigai/corpses off screen at some point.

I personally think a shinigami would find it disrespectful to enter a corpse, but maybe the rules are different for vaizards.
I think it is pretty clear that visoreds like to make their own rules whenever they can.

Here's another possibile alternative to using gigais. Perhaps visoreds can materialize physical forms with their own power. The only reason that nobody suspects that, is because nobody else has ever done that before. It would explain the swords.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-02, 14:20   Link #6
propa03
I am an onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I think it is pretty clear that visoreds like to make their own rules whenever they can.

Here's another possibile alternative to using gigais. Perhaps visoreds can materialize physical forms with their own power. The only reason that nobody suspects that, is because nobody else has ever done that before. It would explain the swords.
nice one. I had an idea kinda like that but couldn't put it to words. If Ichigo gets that power... no more shinigami outfit? That'd kinda suck...
Old 2006-03-02, 14:35   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
nice one. I had an idea kinda like that but couldn't put it to words. If Ichigo gets that power... no more shinigami outfit? That'd kinda suck...
Heh. If Ichigo got that power he would probably manifest his shinigami outfit in the physical world whenever he summons his sword.

Old 2006-03-02, 16:42   Link #8
MrHahn

Send a message via MSN to MrHahn
Maybe in spirit form, they don't wear the shinigami robes? So it's not really possible to tell gigai from soul form. Although that does rasie the question of how did Shinji summon his mask in front of Ichigo.
Old 2006-03-02, 16:59   Link #9
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Well there is always the possibility that only someone capable of seeing spiritual beings would have noticed that mask...

Mostly though... I suspect that the mangaka was only thinking that it would look cool and he's leaving it to us to explain it for him.

Old 2006-03-02, 23:14   Link #10
Morisato

See if it was possible to go through a spiritron converter and be able to retain a physical form whilst having the ability to materialize a zanpakuto at will, why doesn't Ichigo do that? So far, his body has been baggage, and 75% of the time, he's in shinigami form anyways, it'll make it much easier if he doesn't need to get out of his body and find a safe place for it everytime he wants to fight.
Old 2006-03-03, 05:26   Link #11
propa03
I am an onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
See if it was possible to go through a spiritron converter and be able to retain a physical form whilst having the ability to materialize a zanpakuto at will, why doesn't Ichigo do that? So far, his body has been baggage, and 75% of the time, he's in shinigami form anyways, it'll make it much easier if he doesn't need to get out of his body and find a safe place for it everytime he wants to fight.
perhaps that's the very mess kishimoto is working on clearing up. maybe then we'll see the true purpose of the substitute shinigami certificate.
Old 2006-03-03, 18:44   Link #12
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
maybe Vizards just don't wear shinigami outfits in their soul mode, and when Ishida, Inoue and Chad entered the soul world they become spirits and looked like they were in real world, so it might be something like that for Vizards