AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 10:51   Link #241
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Extremely well made anime I haven’t seen such beautiful visuals and complementing music endowed up an anime in a long time. The story and the characters gel no where do they go stray, the concept is interesting though not unique viewers are intrigued what’s going to happen next

The detail of art blew me away it set the right mood for a Medieval/Elvyn series. Long time back I had asked is Claymore somewhat similar to Berserk after watching the anime my queries were answered its even better : D
Old 2007-04-05, 11:02   Link #242
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, I thought the Claymores' hair would be white. Blond is too human.
I actually though every girl would have a different hair color. Wasn't expecting that all of them would be blondies.
Old 2007-04-05, 11:08   Link #243
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I actually though every girl would have a different hair color. Wasn't expecting that all of them would be blondies.
Well... Claymore is not really in a "Japanese" setting.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 11:09   Link #244
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I liked the first episode of this, though, unlike some, I wasn't at all impressed with the musical side of things. I'm probably spoiled by Nodame Cantabile!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 11:17   Link #245
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well to be fair, Nodame Cantabile had a orchestra behind em for music plus most of it are written well know classics.

But i agree Claymore's music is rather mediocre judging from episode 1.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:01   Link #246
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well... Claymore is not really in a "Japanese" setting.

Cheers.
Even so, I still think it's a bit odd for all of them to be blonde.

Then again, it could just be me trying to get his green haired girl fix.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:05   Link #247
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I bet they chose blond hair because blond or silver hair looks best with silver eyes. They probably chose blond over silver because when claymores go into youma mode their eyes change to gold.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:14   Link #248
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Why didn't anyone enjoy the music on the show (aside from the OP/ED)? I found it so experimental, but yet so fitting to the setting...

I must be getting old.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:15   Link #249
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Why didn't anyone enjoy the music on the show (aside from the OP/ED)? I found it so experimental, but yet so fitting to the setting...

I must be getting old.
Eh? You must have missed my post then.

ADD] And if you're old, I'm grampa.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:25   Link #250
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Eh? You must have missed my post then.

ADD] And if you're old, I'm grampa.

Cheers.
Well, yes, there's you, but there are a lot of other people all over the thread who've said the music sucks.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:59   Link #251
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I bet they chose blond hair because blond or silver hair looks best with silver eyes. They probably chose blond over silver because when claymores go into youma mode their eyes change to gold.
According to the manga the reason almost all claymores are blond is ....

Spoiler:
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 13:18   Link #252
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I have to add myself to the list of positive feedbackers. I approached the show knowing nothing or nearly nothing, my main reason was almost a tribute to Madhouse, for the outstanding work they're doing with Death Note.

I was immediately captured by the aura of the setting, probably that is due of my habit on fantasy worlds such those of Morrowind or Oblivion, linked to this also is my instant liking for Clare, if it's true to I always use tall and handsome blond nordic pg as my characters on those games ^^ .
Anyway, Clare's chardes intrigued me a lot. I obviously have no clues of where the series is directed, though I've started to make my first speculations, especially about Raki, whose role is very interesting. The pace was certainly fast, but I approve that, such a kind of a story at the beginning shall show a sum of events in order to give more hints to the attendance.

Anyway, today is a day with a lots of "episodes 1" for me. With this one, I'm sold.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:04   Link #253
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That would be totally awesome if the music was at Morrowwind and Oblivion's level. The orchestra. The vocals.

I thought that the music in Claymore was okay.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:12   Link #254
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm in love so far with the musical score --- wouldn't change it for anything else. Going from metal, to more historic style themes, it all works perfect in a show like this. Need more!
Old 2007-04-05, 16:15   Link #255
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah, got to give them props for fitting a bagpipe in briefly, but the music isn't my favorite part of the series.

Spoiler for bagpipe scene:
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 16:18   Link #256
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Well, yes, there's you, but there are a lot of other people all over the thread who've said the music sucks.
It didn't suck - it is just that it was completely unmemorable for me At this point i honestly have no idea what the soundtrack of the episode was like Heck, i had forgotten it 10 minutes after finishing the ep ... which doesn't exactly translate to a great soundtrack in my book

Now excuse me, there are some more 1st eps i must see
Old 2007-04-05, 16:55   Link #257
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well what to say about the pilot episode well............as much as i would like to say i was impressed i really was not. By no means do i think its god awful but the possibility that it could turn out that way is still there. It just seems like the same demon slaying uber powerful chicks who are the only ones that can take down these monsters as the other 50 iv seen. I did however like the visuals the eyes turning from silver to gold was pretty cool but its no different than any other half breed hero or heroin whose eyes change color during battle example most recently Saya Blood +. Also, why are all the Claymores or Silver eyed witches (which is a horrible name btw) hair blond. THere could be a good reason like its part of the process when they become a half breed but it just seemed weird.

Ill keep watching for a while after all it was only the first episode. Ill give it a chance to see if the story is able to captivate me. But so far it was not very memorable for me.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:12   Link #258
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

First a few minor points...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
It just seems like the same demon slaying uber powerful chicks who are the only ones that can take down these monsters as the other 50 iv seen.
Well, at least this one has a good reason why they are all girls. Really! Personally I have simply gotten so used to teams of tough femmes in anime that I didn't give it a second thought. Still, when I found out that there was a reason related to a basic difference between men and women, I was somewhat impressed. (No, don't try to blindly guess which difference since I doubt you'll figure it out without a lot more info.)

Quote:
I did however like the visuals the eyes turning from silver to gold was pretty cool but its no different than any other half breed hero or heroin whose eyes change color during battle example most recently Saya Blood +.
Also, there is a meaning behind the eye change. It isn't only for effect.

Quote:
THere could be a good reason like its part of the process when they become a half breed but it just seemed weird.
It is exactly as you suspect. Of course, all these things are unimportant. I think you know well that it doesn't matter if there is a good plot related reason for such details. These details are so minor that they can hardly inspire any strong feeling for a show, either positive or negative.

Quote:
Ill keep watching for a while after all it was only the first episode. Ill give it a chance to see if the story is able to captivate me. But so far it was not very memorable for me.
This is the only thing I cannot rebut. Personal preference will always play a strong part in what you like. Perhaps episodes 2 or 3 will change your mind, but perhaps you just don't like this show. There is no show so awesome that somebody will completely fail to enjoy it. If you dislike it, then by all means don't waste your time.

I'm not sure why people keep posting here to say that they don't like Claymore when their reasons are so minor. If you don't like something just because it doesn't grab you, then it really isn't worth posting about. If you just want to be reassured that there is a lot of interesting things to come, then all you need is the tons of people who read the manga saying that you are just scratching the surface. Everything has already been said. In the meantime, please chill and wait, or just get out of the pond. We can't prove you will like this show. Even if a majority of people liked this first episode, that is no sort of reason to mean you should like it.

I find myself puzzled at why there is such a vocal minority who seem to feel it necessary to express their strong disappoint with Claymore. Is it because you feel betrayed by a show since you disliked it after so many supports have led you to believe it is divinely inspired? This show is certainly not divinely inspired no matter how good it is so I am sorry you feel betrayed by it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 17:13   Link #259
Grey

An interesting first episode. I've enjoyed the manga so far, and the anime conversion also looks like it will be enjoyable. I'm uncertain about the background music, but I may have been paying too much attention to it because of some comments I read. It's not stupendous, but I'm not sure that it's poor either.

From the opening, it looks like they're going up to around volume 8 or so. That's easily enough for 20 some episodes. Although if they wanted to, there are more volumes to draw upon and they could push the episode count into the thirties and fourties.

I just hope we don't get stuck with 'random adventure' filler. That would be dreadful.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 17:25   Link #260
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I just hope we don't get stuck with 'random adventure' filler. That would be dreadful.
It certainly would... the random yoma just aren't half as interesting as "plot related" yoma and plot related story. I hope for a nice tight 26 episode series comprised of everything up to volume 10 or 11. I've heard that there is a break in the action at that point which will make for a good place to conclude the series. I don't want to know what that event is, I'm just glad to know that it is there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote