Notices

Old 2007-05-10, 10:21   Link #21
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Is money really that important for the contests..
I actually meant to say, "Usually Catgirl plays "organizer"". Lol ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
When did the last banner rotation happened?

If we can't get new spring banners, the winter ones should change a little more often IMO.
Christmas, Daniel.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 10:42   Link #22
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I actually meant to say, "Usually Catgirl plays "organizer""
...Catgirls , but still technically incorrect, because NoSanninWa does...

Seems like we have a well of support for more banners, possibly focused on something other than a season. Humm...

It doesn't look like we have any staff objections, so: if we can't bend NoSanninWa's arm to run a banner contest (shouldn't be too hard ), I'll run one. Soon-ish and possibly sky related.
Looks like I haven't run a banner contest for many years...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 13:02   Link #23
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Christmas, Daniel.
Wow, it's really been a while then! >_< !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Seems like we have a well of support for more banners, possibly focused on something other than a season. Humm...

It doesn't look like we have any staff objections, so: if we can't bend NoSanninWa's arm to run a banner contest (shouldn't be too hard ), I'll run one. Soon-ish and possibly sky related.Looks like I haven't run a banner contest for many years...
This will surely make Sola fans happy.
Old 2007-05-10, 13:26   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Aww.. I wholly support Beach theme

Gota do something with all those pictures I collect

joking aside.. Any contest is fine IMO ..

*still prefer a beach banner contest tho* ._.
ill be scared to see what you can come up with O.o kiNa + beach theme = mass wipeout of AS' population

but yea its been a while...hopefully something will be organised soon :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 15:01   Link #25
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
...Catgirls , but still technically incorrect, because NoSanninWa does...
Oh, my mistake then.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:21   Link #26
wao
OK.

Sky-related? All right! I actually have some ideas for that one. I'll look forward to it and hopefully the deadline will be somewhere during my holidays so I can take some time off studying to whip up one (sure as heck won't compete with the greats but it's fun to do it anyway).

If you're really going to organise one, NightWish, it'll be very greatly appreciated. Looking forward to see one coming up...

Maybe I should plan my pimping tactic and use TokiKake since it has such beautiful skies... and get more people to check it out...(/evil)
Old 2007-05-10, 17:40   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Everyone's studing lately...
----------------------------------------
Like sheesh, finally.. I've had exams since like 2 months ago and still rolling them ^^ HARD
Can always make at least one banner tho' *wink wink*
Old 2007-05-12, 13:42   Link #28
Secca
nya`
*Artist

How about a banana theme?

The banner must have at least a banana inside. It will be more interesting than sky or season. What will people came up with? ^_^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 15:11   Link #29
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post

The banner must have at least a banana inside. It will be more interesting than sky or season. What will people came up with? ^_^
Kage Kara Mamoru! banners?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 21:33   Link #30
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post

I got lots of banana related or "banana" pictures too.. so banana theme is good O_O

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 16:04   Link #31
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
You would, Kira.

Yeah, I was browsing the forums again and I'm like "why are we still on winter banners from six months ago?" lol

I kind of like the beach theme suggested earlier, with summer approaching and all, but the idea of that getting abused (as Cats said) has a high possibility - more than some people might think. It's literally an arms-open incentive to present our lewd looking .jpgs and .pngs to the floor. But if people wanted to pursue it, I'd recommend changing the wording a little or clearly define some rules prior to posting and accepting submissions.

For example, if you simply change it from a "beach" to a "sea" theme, it broadens the subject matter to a point. You could have beaches, you could have ships (pirates!?), you could have mermaids, whatever. And it isn't necessarily exclusive to summer-related images if you live on the other side of the equator.

But going to what Cats said earlier, the best thing you can do to prevent an outbreak of ecchi beach banners is just say no to them. Cuz in the end, be it summer or winter, sky or sea (space? that'll be the day), fox ears or magicians, there is hentai for just about any theme you can imagine! The only reason why we haven't seen any of those yet is because we knew not to make them in the first place.

Or did we!? (much of this is pure speculation -_- )
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 02:13   Link #32
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

But but but .... ;-;

If there's 1 request allow, then requesting animated banner contest.. I assure you somebody is gonna join and win the contest with hair pulling effort *3*

Which actually what confused me in the last banner contest as to why animated (but within filesize limit) banner wasn't allow ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-18, 09:46   Link #33
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Another theme I think would be fun for everyone is nekomimi. And say not only just cat ears. Dog ears, bunny ears whatever people like. Post their favorite male female characters. Even characters that normally doesn't have one, let them add cute ears. ^__^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:24   Link #34
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Just so you know, this hasn't been forgotten ... I've just been very very busy at work and will be for another week at least. The contest will be started as soon as I get some time to sort out various issues, check I've got some spare cash and make a set of gradients for it...

So you can start thinking about it:

The theme will be sky. We'll be letting you make 4 banners, one for each "period" in the day (dawn, daytime, dusk and night time). This means we'll probably be looking for a set of banners. If we get enough good full-set-of-four submissions we'll be looking into making the banners rotate of a different basis, possibly lasting for a full day, changing with the time of day and switching set of day to day.

Still early stages of working out exactly how... I've also not fully worked out what the background will be like. I was going to let you make the background too, however we've decided that is probably an over complication that would result in a lot of disqualified banners...

Feel free to provide feedback to the ideas in this thread. I'll have the contest officially open, with all the questions answered, by next weekend if I don't collapse first.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:49   Link #35
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Here's a stupid idea.
Instead of having the banner on top, how about having them on the left or right side of the forum. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

Advantages:
  • Full screen body shots. (please add some etchii rules)
  • We can enjoy the banners more more more. (barely see the current ones)
  • Less scroll space more eye candy. For me at least the forum names and descriptions don't fill the full screen space. (1280 x 1024)
  • It's easier to fill the top and bottom then it is to fill right and left.
  • Larger banners. Making banners longer isn't a problem as was making them wider. Up Down banners can be 3 ~ 4 times larger then (measuring top down) compared to right-left ones.

What do you think. Good or Bad?
Old 2007-05-20, 20:44   Link #36
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
The theme will be sky. We'll be letting you make 4 banners, one for each "period" in the day (dawn, daytime, dusk and night time). This means we'll probably be looking for a set of banners. If we get enough good full-set-of-four submissions we'll be looking into making the banners rotate of a different basis, possibly lasting for a full day, changing with the time of day and switching set of day to day.
I smell a new record for banner entries this year!

Quote:
Feel free to provide feedback to the ideas in this thread. I'll have the contest officially open, with all the questions answered, by next weekend if I don't collapse first.
It would be nice if more people were to participate this year. Not just making banners but voicing their opinions and voting for their favorite ones as well.

Eventhough the competition is always announced on the main page, a lot of folks dont seem to be even aware of the contest existence. >_< !!

Guess I'll advertise it on my sig like last year!
Old 2007-05-20, 21:51   Link #37
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Eventhough the competition is always announced on the main page, a lot of folks dont seem to be even aware of the contest existence. >_< !!

Guess I'll advertise it on my sig like last year!
Would it be possible to make the contest it's own forum? Just make it the third forum in "General" and people will see it a lot easier than the last two times.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 02:49   Link #38
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

hmm... Its quite hard to find a full BG set IMO.. ._. Means that most of the contestants have to make them up ... so unless you have leet skills like Jayson (aka K.Yamato) to recreate the BG in 4 different period of the day ....
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-21, 03:22   Link #39
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just so you know, this hasn't been forgotten ... I've just been very very busy at work and will be for another week at least. The contest will be started as soon as I get some time to sort out various issues, check I've got some spare cash and make a set of gradients for it...

I'll wished you take your time, as I won't be free till end of June. Damn you, exams!

But don't mind me. If the contest starts earlier then have fun and go on without me. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 03:54   Link #40
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
I'll wished you take your time, as I won't be free till end of June. Damn you, exams!
//Seconded