AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 45 43.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 33.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.97%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.97%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-10, 17:00   Link #41
Mentar
Banned

Ack, really? Yuuichi?? Dang, and I always thought...

^_^

orion, I get to proofwatch each episode three times on average before you guys get to see them. So thanks, I'm aware
Old 2006-11-10, 17:07   Link #42
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. Exactly, exactly. Sushi-Y's got it. Hit it right on.

Richard. Heh heh. I am also one of many who have enjoyed how faithful the Remake has been with the game. You see one scene or hear one line from a characer and you recognize it right away as being directly from the game. That is something that I'm proud to say has happened many, many times to me. Reminiscence is reminiscence is reminiscence. I enjoy it.

All in all, an enjoyable one for me.
Old 2006-11-10, 17:07   Link #43
evil-samurai

Yay! Glad to see there are more Ayu! flash-back scenes. I really like how they are done, more so I finding I like Ayu better in those scenes then in the current timeline. The background music in that scene was really! nice to listen too. Not a huge fan of all the music in the show but there are a couple of pieces of music that stand out for me.

Still love seeing Makoto set up Yuuichi only for it to backfire even if they keep for the whole series I dont think I'd get sick of it looks like Makoto is going to be the focus of the episode next week. Cant wait!
Old 2006-11-10, 17:08   Link #44
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
this ep is much WIN
i only watched the half and i couldnt stop laughing
like 'there are variations of Uguu ..' LMAO
Old 2006-11-10, 18:11   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Enough with the Kyuuichi stuff! I played the game recently and Yuuichi is Yuuichi. The anime dialog follows the game quite accurately. If anyone wants to use the moniker "Kyuuichi" they should apply it to Kyon, not Yuuichi. But for the fact that The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya follows the original story. Phooey! But enough of that!

I really enjoyed the scene where Ayu says "bye bye" to Yuuichi three times before finally running home after the movie. That was omega kawaii!

Another great episode. To think that if this were 2002 we'd already be halfway through the series. Thank kami-sama it's 2006 and we're only 1/4 of the way through. I'm really really enjoying this remake and how faithfully it follows the original game.

Actually since I played the game recently I thought some of this episode's scenes had already been played out. But it turns out I was just recalling the game.

Well episode seven airs in a week. Look forward to it!

Spoiler for minor spoiler for the cat:
previous archetypes->game Yuuichi->a string of harem lead types->Kyon(subversion of lead type) x KyoAni Yuuichi
........................................v>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/^

Chronology reversal is pretty common with people who don't know their history.
Other examples would be "I saw this clip of this guy named Groucho Marx and he was ripping off Yakko!!" (or Alan Alda's character Hawkeye in MASH-tv).
Back in the 80s there was this story of an entertainment reporter in a music store listening to two teens as they heard a Beatles tune: "Dude, that is such a rip off of Wings!!!"

(wanders off to look at those "hip new" capri pant ads and recalling his mother wearing them in the early 60s...)
Old 2006-11-10, 19:28   Link #46
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Yuuichi was great in this episode. And Ayu looks great without that huge coat.

Not sure where is this heading, but it's quite enjoyable.
Old 2006-11-10, 19:36   Link #47
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
this ep is much WIN
i only watched the half and i couldnt stop laughing
like 'there are variations of Uguu ..' LMAO
Ayu was just too much fun to watch this episode. How she constantly shows up at the Minase breakfast table. Her repeat "bye bye" scenes at the end of their date. "baka baka baka baka." And the many Uguu~s of Ayu. That scene especially was a delight, but I still can't help thinking that Yuuichi took things too far then. Scaring poor Ayu out of her wits lol...
Old 2006-11-10, 19:39   Link #48
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Loved this episode. If anyone had told me that KyoAni's Kanon would deliver this well on comedy, I'd have given them a funny look. It really has been a pleasant surprise.

The characters seem a lot more dynamic this time round and I think a lot of it is due to the little character interactions similar to the ones that KyoAni did so well in... well, any of their recent series. I've totally changed my mind on that now: KyoAni's decision to slow the pacing right down and have more episodes was a good one, and I'm almost certain it will pay off in the end.

Still no great movement in the plot... obviously. Interestingly enough, we still haven't seen Mai's demons. I'm really curious as to how KyoAni intends to handle them.
Old 2006-11-10, 20:05   Link #49
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Excellent! This episode was another great laugh. I just love how Yuuichi was teasing Ayu during and after the horror movie.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-10, 20:36   Link #50
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Am I the only one here that notice the reference to Maeda's debut work "Moon" in this Ep ?

Nice to see KyoAni still remember this bit of history and sneak it in.
Old 2006-11-10, 20:39   Link #51
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Probably yeah!

Care to share it to us?
Old 2006-11-10, 20:46   Link #52
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0td View Post
Ayu was just too much fun to watch this episode. How she constantly shows up at the Minase breakfast table. Her repeat "bye bye" scenes at the end of their date. "baka baka baka baka." And the many Uguu~s of Ayu. That scene especially was a delight, but I still can't help thinking that Yuuichi took things too far then. Scaring poor Ayu out of her wits lol...
I can't help thinking that...

Spoiler:

Please tell us about "Moon".
Old 2006-11-10, 20:51   Link #53
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MOON :-

Produce by the core members of Key and released back in 97, a year before ONE. The one and only Kichiku game by them before they go all out on Nake Game.

Reference to MOON in Ep 6 :-
Old 2006-11-10, 21:03   Link #54
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I can't help thinking that...

Spoiler:
Going over that whole cafe scene again and especially Ayu's reply to Yuuichi's explanation, I have to say that you've convinced me with your analysis. Which leads to the natural corollary that perhaps if Yuuichi had toned the level of scare to an acceptable(?) level, Ayu may have been frightened and yet composed enough to actually cling on to Yuuichi in the theater haha.
Old 2006-11-10, 21:05   Link #55
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Am I the only one here that notice the reference to Maeda's debut work "Moon" in this Ep ?

Nice to see KyoAni still remember this bit of history and sneak it in.
You're talking about the movie they watched, right? I think the "Maitaaaaa~!" line is from the game as well.
Edit: The movie image is from the game package too, I see.

Then again, I'm one generation too young to know about Key's games from their Tactics days (MOON and ONE) anyway.
Old 2006-11-10, 21:15   Link #56
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yep. And if Yuichi had lent a comforting shoulder to Ayu in the theater, he would have gotten the appropriate response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
You're talking about the movie they watched, right? I think the "Maitaaaaa~!" line is from the game as well.
Edit: The movie image is from the game package too, I see.

Then again, I'm one generation too young to know about Key's games from their Tactics days (MOON and ONE) anyway.
Well. the rest of us are more in the dark than you are. So, come on guys please tell us more about ONE and MOON.
Old 2006-11-10, 21:22   Link #57
DanielSong39

Must admit Yuuichi reminds me of one of those bullies from back in high school and college... needless to say he's not my cup of tea. He has his moments, though it sometimes looks like the equivalent of a wrestler picking his opponent from off the floor so he can slam him down again.

Still not giving up on this show, though it's becoming painful to watch. D.C. ~ Da Capo didn't really pick up until episode 16; I would've missed out if I gave up on it early... so I'll give Kanon 2006 the same chance. Though it would help if Kanon had Kotori...
Old 2006-11-10, 23:06   Link #58
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2006-11-10 at 23:28.
Old 2006-11-10, 23:11   Link #59
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
[Spoiler=title]
2) Something still doesn't make sense to me; how come a hundred alarm clocks can't wake Nayuki, but Makoto's gallivanting in the kitchen, fireworks thrown into Yuuichi's room, and Ayu falling down and uttering "Uguu~" outside the house can? Even if she still looks like a sleepwalker......
Simple explantion will be that she got used to the clocks. But not accustomed to the other noises here.
Old 2006-11-10, 23:30   Link #60
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
"So there're varations of "Uguu~" " Hahaha! Ayu Ayu is just so cute. I agree, her seiyuu did an awesome job.
Best line of the series so far! I did miss Akiko's "So, we've got soup for the next few weeks..." from the previous version, but that must have been an addition on Toei's part.
Closed Thread