AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-23, 17:58   Link #261
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
We can expect him to get an arrancar form or something like that later and he'll be more stronger (like always well its the main character its obvious )
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-06-27, 08:06   Link #262
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I can very easily see Ichigo becoming a larger enemy of SS if they ever caught on to how dangerous of a loose end he is with his hollow powers (which they will). I'm guessing there is going to be some conflict with the Vizard, and Ichigo is going to have a lot worse of a reputation in regard to other Shinigami.

I recently read something about the symbols and such of Ichigo's new hollow release form being the symbols of the apocolypse? I think this would kind of go with the symbolism that's been shown for a while in Bleach.

Orihime's the sun, Rukia's the moon, Ichigo's an eclipse

That makes sense for Orihime and Rukia's "warm and healing" vs. "cold and alienating" personalities, and:

Eclipse = Apocalypse
Meaning Ichigo will destroy everything if he ever loses all control.

Think about it, Ichigo's hollow evolves nearly endlessly, with each incarnation comes a power-up and Ichigo's own personality becomes warped.
This would imply that some time in the near future Ichigo will become an unstoppable fighting machine, living only lusting for the next kill, or the harbinger of the apocalypse.

The one thing that kept him from turning into a beast is now what is pushing him towards it, his friends.
Old 2009-07-05, 02:05   Link #263
PellMell23

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2009-07-05, 02:11   Link #264
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PellMell23 View Post
Spoiler for Manga:
that kind of makes sense in a weird way
Old 2009-07-05, 08:40   Link #265
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

The way Ichigo uses his powers makes it look totally boring. I mean he's most likely waiting for Hollow-san to take over then copy whatever new stuff he would bring up. I'd rather have a lifeless Ichigo with a hole on his chest rather than a boring, living one.

... And yeah I just spoke out of my butt, any questions?
Old 2009-07-05, 08:47   Link #266
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
... And yeah I just spoke out of my butt
your breath must smell terrible
Old 2009-08-31, 22:48   Link #267
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
I was rewatching episode 16 and 17, the fight between Renji and Ichigo and I couldn't help but notice how very much like Hollow Ichigo Ichigo was acting during that fight. Most say that the hollow side didn't start appearing until after Urahara help Ichigo regain his powers but could this be the first time it actually appears.

Found this clip of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULL5L...rom=PL&index=4

Look at how he moves and his facial expressions (smiles, eyes, etc). Very Hollow Ichigo. I keep thinking (and this could be because I haven't seen the episodes where Ichigo regains his powers in a long time) that what Urahara does to Ichigo to help him regain his powers doesn't create the Hollow side of him but actually simply unleashes it as it has always been there. The first time being the fight with Renji in the world of the living.
Old 2009-09-02, 00:10   Link #268
Alchemist007
*Author

Just some random psychology blather here: Shirosaki is the id and Getsuga jii-san is the superego.
Old 2009-09-02, 02:20   Link #269
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
what Urahara does to Ichigo to help him regain his powers doesn't create the Hollow side of him but actually simply unleashes it as it has always been there. The first time being the fight with Renji in the world of the living.
Wasn't it that weird thingy inside him that triggered it?
...Not that this explains why Rukia didn't get Hollow powers as well.
Old 2009-09-02, 02:51   Link #270
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I can very easily see Ichigo becoming a larger enemy of SS if they ever caught on to how dangerous of a loose end he is with his hollow powers (which they will).
I fully agree with you up to this point. I think there's a very strong possibility that this could happen. Should Ichigo defeat Aizen and higher powers realize his terrifying growth and potential, I could definitely see SS regarding Ichigo as a major threat -- regardless of his pure intentions and regardless of whether he has full control over his hollow powers or not by that time.

Unfortunately, if that happens, I imagine it'll only make the parallels between this and Yu-Yu Hakusho even stronger (which is bound to increase the number of critics).
Old 2009-09-02, 03:39   Link #271
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
I was rewatching episode 16 and 17, the fight between Renji and Ichigo and I couldn't help but notice how very much like Hollow Ichigo Ichigo was acting during that fight. Most say that the hollow side didn't start appearing until after Urahara help Ichigo regain his powers but could this be the first time it actually appears.

Found this clip of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULL5L...rom=PL&index=4

Look at how he moves and his facial expressions (smiles, eyes, etc). Very Hollow Ichigo. I keep thinking (and this could be because I haven't seen the episodes where Ichigo regains his powers in a long time) that what Urahara does to Ichigo to help him regain his powers doesn't create the Hollow side of him but actually simply unleashes it as it has always been there. The first time being the fight with Renji in the world of the living.
just watched those episodes again and i have to agree. after he initially got owned (like usual..), hichigo's personality and style definitely shown through (along with the usual power boost).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I fully agree with you up to this point. I think there's a very strong possibility that this could happen. Should Ichigo defeat Aizen and higher powers realize his terrifying growth and potential, I could definitely see SS regarding Ichigo as a major threat -- regardless of his pure intentions and regardless of whether he has full control over his hollow powers or not by that time.

Unfortunately, if that happens, I imagine it'll only make the parallels between this and Yu-Yu Hakusho even stronger (which is bound to increase the number of critics).
it seems they are already setting up for that:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-09-02, 05:00   Link #272
roriconfan
Banned

Do you people really believe the captains will turn against Ichigo just because he is strong? He will side witht the Vaizards and will wipe the floor with their butts. Plus, Bleach is not that smart to head to that direction.
Old 2009-09-02, 05:02   Link #273
roriconfan
Banned

(double post)

Last edited by roriconfan; 2009-09-03 at 02:26.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:20   Link #274
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Do you people really believe the captains will turn against Ichigo just because he is strong?
no, because he is slowly becoming evil incarnate while gaining said strength.
don't forget that the vizards were set to be executed just because of what they were. their potential power was never mentioned.
Quote:
He will side witht the Vaizards and will wipe the floor with their butts.
kubo could save the royal guard for them
Quote:
Plus, Bleach is not that smart to head to that direction.
thats another issue entirely
Old 2009-09-02, 16:58   Link #275
Umbrae
Generic Human

This is what I came up with. and seems to be tied into HazardNights point of view.

Chads powers are quite definatly that of a hollow. Orihime gained her powers after her brother was disolved. Ichigo is always thinking of how he failed to protect his mother, and she died protecting him. Ishida gains power from the fact he is the last of his clan.

Could it be that the powers the human characters all are developing are not entierly the same as that of a death god. Human souls can either become a part of soul socity, or become a hollow. So techincaly we have the power of both while alive. Ichigo has taped into that, making him a visard, once he figured out how to become a death god.

Possibly eluding to the fact that Chad, Ishida, Orihima, may all become Hollow quickly (and probly powerful) upon death, less they them selves develop death god powers, or on sends them to soul socity quickly.

(at least best I can remember... I actualy have watched the series from the very first sub in 04... I should watch the earlier episides again. And yes my spelling doth sucass, deal with it.)
Old 2009-09-02, 20:46   Link #276
kamyu

well ishida's quincy powers are neither death god nor hollow.
chad's are definitely hollow.
orihime's, who knows. although they resemble kidou and somewhere in the ss arc i remember someone saying she will probably become a powerful shinigami when she dies.

edit: turns out the orihime comment was made later during the arrancar arc (by ukitake while watching her train with rukia). episode 138 and in the manga (chapter 230) the line is a little different (seems to include all the humans, not just orihime).

Last edited by kamyu; 2009-09-04 at 01:28. Reason: for reference
Old 2009-09-03, 19:06   Link #277
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well ishida's quincy powers are neither death god nor hollow.
chad's are definitely hollow.
orihime's, who knows. although they resemble kidou and somewhere in the ss arc i remember someone saying she will probably become a powerful shinigami when she dies.
I would love to see that happen that would be pure awesomenness.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2009-09-04, 20:12   Link #278
kamyu

probably old, but i noticed something when looking back because of the recent episodes:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-20, 17:45   Link #279
ShadowSeed
Split of Alignment

By the way, i am going to do something VERY unreliable: Bleach mathematics, lesson One.

Now, i'm going to try and guess Ichigo's power levels based on what is told in the anime.

He has learned bankai, and can use his Resurreccion. Of course, it might/might not be that, but i'm now going to refer his 2nd Hollowfication as his Resurreccion.

Now, Arrancars are alike to Shinigami. Shinigami have a Bankai. Arrancar have a Resurreccion. Ichigo has both.

Bankai is said to grow the users powers tenfold. That means when Ichigo releases his Bankai, his reiatsu gets 10 times bigger. If he uses his basic Hollowfication, the mask, his powers are doubled. How can i know this? Hollow Ichigo is as strong as Ichigo is, as he is a sort of mirror image of Ichigo. So, Ichigo x 10 x 2. This brings us to 20. 20 times more powerful than normal Shikai.

Then we get to Resurreccion + Bankai-combo.

While normal Hollowfication doubles the power of the user, Resurreccion boosts it 8 times more. So now the formula is: Ichigo x 10 x 10. This is 100, assuming Ichigo = 1.
How can i know Resurreccion boosts by 10 times? If Resurreccion is a sort of a replacement for a Bankai for Arrancar, it should have the same effect on Arrancar as Bankai has on Shinigami. It tenfolds their reiatsu and gives them special abilities.

So, i might be right, might not. But i believe this theory myself, and you might or might not do so too.
Old 2010-02-20, 19:56   Link #280
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

That is a very interesting theory. But what if there were to be power above Bankai that Ichigo could also learn? Would that make Ichigo's powers closer to 200 or 500?

I was wondering if it might be possible for a Shinigami to learn powers from other beings like Quincy's. That would be weird.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread