AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 11:43   Link #401
ditn

Yeah i have seen something about that, They will do reruns on regular channels or so?
Not all hope is lost then

Last edited by ditn; 2010-10-03 at 15:45.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 16:47   Link #402
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post

The rating was not good because it aired on a satellite channel and not a ground channel.
What's the difference between a satellite channel and a ground channel?
Old 2010-10-04, 13:37   Link #403
ditn

Satellite television is television delivered by the means of communications satellite and received by a satellite dish and set-top box. In many areas of the world it provides a wide range of channels and services, often to areas that are not serviced by terrestrial or cable providers.
Old 2010-10-06, 11:04   Link #404
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
Satellite television is television delivered by the means of communications satellite and received by a satellite dish and set-top box. In many areas of the world it provides a wide range of channels and services, often to areas that are not serviced by terrestrial or cable providers.
So then why would the ratings be lower on a satellite channel?
Old 2010-10-07, 05:27   Link #405
ditn

How many people have satellite dish and set-top box and pay for the channel.
How many people have grounded channel.

Unless i am wrong alote more people have grounded channel
Old 2010-10-19, 16:34   Link #406
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Not too sure about viewer rankings...

But far as ratings go, Giant Killing was the no.2 most popular series after K-On!! for the 2010 summer season.

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/feature/2010summer_result/
Old 2010-10-19, 22:37   Link #407
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Yep. Saw it at sankaku. Finally a ranking which fits though we can never escape from moe domination.
Old 2010-10-20, 00:43   Link #408
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So then why would the ratings be lower on a satellite channel?
I think it may be more expensive and therefore used by fewer people.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 05:33   Link #409
BuddyLee

Im sorry if anyone disagrees with me with this, but i think Kubota is homage to Ozil. They look the same and play the same as well ... watching the madrid vs milan the day before it finalised it for me.

When he was at bremen I, the first time I saw him I said to myself this guy looks ... "odd."

Then I saw his first touch and I almost died. Looks as if his boots are in a velvet glove when he is playing.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:01   Link #410
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone see the Giant Killing at Stamford Bridge yesterday? Sunderland isn't quite ETU - they're a decent mid-table team - but Chelsea is so dominant they're not only unbeaten at home, they've scored the last 39 goals at Stamford Bridge - unheard of. But Sunderland - unlike almost everyone else who visits Chelsea - played with two strikers and attacked for the entire game. Not only did they score, they dominated the Blues 3-0. A really inspirational match.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 20:35   Link #411
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anyone see the Giant Killing at Stamford Bridge yesterday? Sunderland isn't quite ETU - they're a decent mid-table team - but Chelsea is so dominant they're not only unbeaten at home, they've scored the last 39 goals at Stamford Bridge - unheard of. But Sunderland - unlike almost everyone else who visits Chelsea - played with two strikers and attacked for the entire game. Not only did they score, they dominated the Blues 3-0. A really inspirational match.
Steve Bruce sometimes has Tatsumi moments indeed. Back when he was with Wigan the club was the surprise package promoted from the Championship. And now this, just awesome.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 07:44   Link #412
abc0716

Just finish watching its final episode, while used about a week to complete (watching) this series.

Definitely is one of the most underrated anime, in my opinion. Hope it will gets a second season on future, despite the chance is pretty low (Just like FMP series.....)
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 22:15   Link #413
Geasse

Necro bump.

With Leicester City winning the Premier League title, I was reminded of this anime with the underdog winning. Hope someone new knows about this show.
Geasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 09:40   Link #414
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I absolutely thought of GK over the last few weeks. How can you not? Except LCFC's giant killing has lasted 36 weeks.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, seinen, sports