AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-18, 12:23   Link #61
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
Again, haven't read the manga, but the OP also seems to foreshadow Sasuke beating up Sakura real bad. That's probably the only thing that would make Naruto fight him . .
What the hell?! What kind of monster do you think Sasuke is?!

Where the hell did you get that "foreshadowing" from??!
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 12:39   Link #62
MoogleHunter

I really like the new opening, its kind of taking later events into a super-nutshell, but the fights are going to be the juicy parts anyways =P
The music is awesome. Admittedly, the vocals could be better, but it keeps me interested anyhow since its so..unique ;P
The ending...just ech.
MoogleHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 01:07   Link #63
JoopFOX

Lost World, its correct that Naruto is from a boys magazine, but its wrong to say its a childrens show in Japan. I mean, I live here and Im in 2nd grade (Senior High School), and nearly all of my friends are watching/reading Naruto.
JoopFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 01:19   Link #64
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
What the hell?! What kind of monster do you think Sasuke is?!
Hahahahaha, that's pretty funny.

I agree that the opening is markedly improved compared to the last one. Mostly because its more action-oriented than the previous opening. I especially liked the scenes where the genin are running down the mountain and Naruto dodging all the explosions.

I didnt like the ending too much though. The weird psychodelic colors got me dizzy more than a few times, so I wont be watching that at all. Heh, Im afraid of getting a seizure or something.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 01:24   Link #65
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_World
Or maybe the KIDS who watch the show in Japan? For the last time, people. Naruto is a CHILDREN'S SHOW in Japan.
I also wouldn't be suprised if that stupid dubber; 4kids Entertainment decided to pick up Naruto. Seeing as they're a less then stellar dubber and that they only target younger kids (which there'll still be some more subbers picking the anime up like with One Piece) (rather than the older teens). But nonetheless, I agree that it's a children's anime in Japan.

Also, I'd laugh if one of you people decide to pull a stunt like what you did in page two of my "One Piece 4Kids (FOX BOX) episode descussion" .
Old 2004-10-19, 03:27   Link #66
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoopFOX
Lost World, its correct that Naruto is from a boys magazine, but its wrong to say its a childrens show in Japan. I mean, I live here and Im in 2nd grade (Senior High School), and nearly all of my friends are watching/reading Naruto.
All of my friends are almost 30 but they have all read the Harry Potter novels. Are these, suddenly, not children's books?

A good indication of what age group the anime is targeted for is the fact that all the violence has been diminished to fatal scrapes and scratches (the Impaling of Haku and Kabuto stabbing Naruto's hand)...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 03:44   Link #67
JoopFOX

Okay, so you`re making differences between the manga and the anime. Well, for me its pretty much the same. The only difference is that with the anime, ANYONE zapping onto TV Tokyo at that time can watch it, so I think thats also one of the reasons they tone it down. The manga is in a Boys magazine which is clearly for kids/teenagers from about 10 - 18, when you look around the other stuff there is. Pokemon is a childrens anime, Naruto is not. It might be for a somewhat younger public, but really, theres too much mature stuff in it to call it a childrens show, even in Japan.
JoopFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 03:56   Link #68
ShikaShika
無罪

Regardless, they didn't put the girls in any weird sexual poses or anything, so what's wrong with it? You've never seen kids at the beach? Makes you wonder who the hentai really is.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 04:06   Link #69
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Now now guys, let's not fight. Geez... I didn't think when I said that it would spark some huge controversy.

Naruto IS a kids show. But it's a Japanese kids show. That just gets overlooked in my mind, because when I see stuff like Desert Graveyard, people getting splattered and stuff, I don't think of a kids show. The fact is that it would never fly as a kids show in America. And yeah, I think the majority of people watching it in America are teens and adults. The Naruto fans I'm exposed to, my friends, are all twenty or so. So it doesn't always click in my head that it's meant for kids all the time. The fact is it's too mature for Saturday mornings here in America, but imature enough that putting it on Adult Swim would create a misnomer (then again, they DO play Inuyasha...). So yeah, I admit that I didn't think of that.

Still, doesn't change the fact that the perverts are out there, and I'm sure Naruto's creators were aware of that when they OKed the decision, so my statement isn't totally idiotic.
Rx_Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 06:22   Link #70
Captain_Dope

I just saw the intro again and guess what? I think you see Kimimiaros shadow on the far right when the 4 sounds appear. Its hard to tell who it is but I think it is Kimimiaro for it would make sense for him to be together with the group he used to belong to.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 08:40   Link #71
ShikaShika
無罪

Maybe you should tag that, I dunno. Better be on the safe side.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 09:15   Link #72
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
I just saw the intro again and guess what? I think you see Kimimiaros shadow on the far right when the 4 sounds appear. Its hard to tell who it is but I think it is Kimimiaro for it would make sense for him to be together with the group he used to belong to.
Spoiler for Manga:
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 23:33   Link #73
odoriman

Let me first say I'm one of those people who thinks that the anime has been going downhill since about ep 85 and I gave up on it and stopped watching a couple of weeks ago.

I heard that there was a new intro and decided to check it out. After seeing it, I fell in love with the anime all over again. I thought it was so great, I had to express my joyous feelings to every narutard on the internet I can't wait until this filler is over.

I think the music is really good too. I know it's just a matter of taste, but I really like it.

As fo the ending... meh... I never cared much for any of them. They're just a back drop for the credits anyway.
odoriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 20:12   Link #74
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Love the OP Video, the song is only OK.

The entire ending sucks! :P (I shouldn't use the cute tongue smile as I need one of those smile's with a Evil Oro tongue!)

ShikaShika your sig has me mesmerized there for awhile!

HOWEVER, when this story arc takes off it will make up for the lacking Songs.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote