Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-30, 18:43   Link #1701
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
No wonder I wasn't good at Akali, didn't know about smartcast...
Old 2011-12-30, 18:57   Link #1702
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Smartcast has it's pro and cons too. You should not put everything on smarcast, just because it is faster. A little bit of experimenting with each char is better.

Things that go good on smartcasts:
- fast skillshots with a low cooldowns, like Kennen's shuriken, Mundo's cleaver, or skillshots for otherwise mobile champs like LeeSin
- things you may need to use in a split second to defend yourself/others, like Lux shield, Morganas shield, heals, teleportations (== blinks)
- things that you want to combo as fast as possible, like Annies full combo, LeBlancs full combo, Veigars combo (not his stun though!), Ryze endless chain of spells

Things that don't go on smartcast:
- autohit spells that don't combo much with others, like Sions Stun
- area spells, that need careful placing, like anivias/karthus wall, Trundles pillar
- area spells that need a bit of placing, so you might want to see the circle... these are most aoe spells
- skillshots that need good aiming and timing, so you might want to look at the line indicator and take your time... Lux laser and bind, Ashe arrow, Shyvannas dragon flight ect

I don't see what would be good to smartcast on Akali. You usually want to throw in an autoattack between every skill to do maximum damage, so you don't need to throw out spells that fast with her. It's more about good timing.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 21:21   Link #1703
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Brand + Smartcast = Godlike.
It makes the combos alot easier to land.
Old 2011-12-30, 22:09   Link #1704
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I don't see what would be good to smartcast on Akali. You usually want to throw in an autoattack between every skill to do maximum damage, so you don't need to throw out spells that fast with her. It's more about good timing.
I have hard time chasing with her using continuous ult. Eye dee kay, need to click fast before they run away. I see what you mean by combos, smart cast make it so much easier... just put cursor and faceroll vs q->click w->click ->r click. etc. I can't believe I am gold and I don't know bout this option...

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-12-30 at 22:22.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 22:37   Link #1705
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Got some extra RP I want to spend in another champions (bought Ahri). Sadly, the amount I have left is only enough to buy one more On Sale champion.

Currently the only On Sale champions are: Lee Sin, Nasus and Swain.

Since Ahri is a ranged type I would like to have a character centered in close combat and heavy damage. Does any of the latter three meet this criteria or should I save the points and wait for other champions to be available on sale?
Old 2011-12-30, 22:46   Link #1706
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Nasus and Lee. Nasus too much damage when he is farmed. The idea of Nasus -> Farm farm farm farm farm farm farm, ok my Q does 500 damage. W->Q trolololol.
Both Lee Sin and Nasus pretty tanky. Lee Sin usually jungle, has a skillshot, ganks pretty well. I don't think you should use RP on Nasus because he is only 1350 IP, but how deep your pocket is varies.

If you want melee carry, there is Master Yi, Tryndamere, .... and they are quite cheap.
Old 2011-12-30, 23:49   Link #1707
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Don't get Swain unless you're really good at last-hitting minions.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 00:00   Link #1708
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, the best way to do about smartcasting is 'selective smartcast'. That is, using QWER as regular cast, then shift + QWER when you want to combo someone (or switch them around). This way you get the best of both worlds: have the precision of the targeting reticle when you need to land a crucial spell, and the speed of chain casting/rapid casting when things get hectic.

(People actually underestimate the accuracy of the targeting reticle, because when you shoot a skillshot, your pointer is where your projectile's shadow will pass through, and NOT the projectile itself. Which means if you're shooting straight up/down its ok, but any sort of horizontal and you have this 'fudge factor' that is very to hard to account for when you smartcast.)

As for myself, I used to do this when I was tryharding in ranked and such, but now I smartcast everything just because I'm too lazy to click.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 00:29   Link #1709
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm smartcasting everything, mostly because I remembered the range and radius of them already (aside from Pantheon's ulti and the like, yeah).
Old 2011-12-31, 01:13   Link #1710
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm smartcasting everything, mostly because I remembered the range and radius of them already (aside from Pantheon's ulti and the like, yeah).
Seconded, I have a hard time clicking now. It's just too much of a habit to drop.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 01:52   Link #1711
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Hey there. I started playing during this past Thanksgiving, and am really enjoying it. I've been playing mostly with friends from my medical school, but wouldn't mind playing with others here too. I just don't like having to play with randoms, lol. In fact, nowadays I never touch Classic mode unless I'm with someone I know; otherwise I just play lots of Dominion, which I'm getting pretty good at.

In my set group, I'm usually playing solo top with Rumble, who's probably my best character (also my main in Dominion). Otherwise I take the bottom support role with Alistar or Janna or sometimes even Karma (whom I am told I play very well with).

I play on the NA server, and my summoner name is Parallaxal.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 09:00   Link #1712
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Things that are not so good about smart cast:

To pull off "instant" combos, you need a good timing. A lot of spells have a cast time. So if you just faceroll all the keys, you overwrite one command with another, before it gets executed. It's the same as canceling autoattacks with a move command.
For example, if you play Ryze and want to throw all your spells by just hammering down QWE, he will usually just stand there and twitch spastically without casting anything.

A lot of aoe spells have a distinct cast range. That means if you cast the spell somewhere out of that range, your chracter will run into that direction until he's in range, then cast. This is opposed to most projectile type skillshots, that get cast anyway and fly until they reach their max range.
You often need good timing to hit someone with aoe spells,who is paying attention. For that reason you want to cast them instantly. If you cast them slightly out of range, your character will turn towards your opponent and run a short distance, which not only messes up your timing, but also warns him that you are going agressive now. If you clicked the opponent diectly, you will also light up for him.
Because of this, it is extremly useful to see the range circle for these spells. Even if you have a very good understanding of that range after several games, it does not beat actually seeing it.
Old 2011-12-31, 09:54   Link #1713
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Things that are not so good about smart cast:

To pull off "instant" combos, you need a good timing. A lot of spells have a cast time. So if you just faceroll all the keys, you overwrite one command with another, before it gets executed. It's the same as canceling autoattacks with a move command.
For example, if you play Ryze and want to throw all your spells by just hammering down QWE, he will usually just stand there and twitch spastically without casting anything.
Something must be wrong here, because I have no trouble playing Ryze with everything in smartcasting. When the spell is casting, you literally can't cancel it anyway. Unless you issue another command before the spell is cast.
Old 2011-12-31, 09:58   Link #1714
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Something must be wrong here, because I have no trouble playing Ryze with everything in smartcasting. When the spell is casting, you literally can't cancel it anyway. Unless you issue another command before the spell is cast.
Yes, that is exactly what you do, by pressing the buttons too fast. You need to "take your time" and press them one after another. Ryze does this arm swing movement, that looks like he's throwing spells. If you issue another spell, before he finishes that, he will jsut stand there, swinging his arm and nothing comes out.
Intuitively you would assume, that the fastest way to get all spells out, would be to put your fingers on QWE and just hammer them all down as fast as you can, until all spells are on CD. But no.
Old 2011-12-31, 11:35   Link #1715
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Am I the only one playing Ryze on QWQEQRQWQ? FYI you can multi-tap on one spell while another's being executed, it will eventually queue up.
Quote:
If you cast them slightly out of range, your character will turn towards your opponent and run a short distance, which not only messes up your timing, but also warns him that you are going agressive now. If you clicked the opponent diectly, you will also light up for him.
Because of this, it is extremly useful to see the range circle for these spells. Even if you have a very good understanding of that range after several games, it does not beat actually seeing it.
If you hover your spells over an enemy, you also light up for them, and in some cases it's very bad if you don't connect (like Urgot's E or Galio's QE). Smart-casting helps instantly shoot somewhere from an unexpected direction or angle, so as to surprise your opponents;yes, you must know the spell ranges well before taking this up, but it's not hard to learn with a few games.
Old 2012-01-04, 03:05   Link #1716
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Am I the only one playing Ryze on QWQEQRQWQ? FYI you can multi-tap on one spell while another's being executed, it will eventually queue up.
I usually do WQREQ since I often find myself in a situation where I need to burst someone down quickly (starting W helps with either preventing said person from escaping or with positioning yourself so that E does maximum damage). QWQEQRQWQ should theoretically do the most damage, but it can leave someone enough time to escape sometimes. I usually only use that combo for doing blue, dragon, or baron.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 08:05   Link #1717
Kafriel
Senior Guest

His ult has a short enough cd to use in every TF or duel, so that's what I usually do. For burst I flash open with E to reduce MR and then start the spammage.
Lately in my games I see a lot of 3-carry teams with no tank or support, is that a new fad or something?
Old 2012-01-05, 20:02   Link #1718
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm guessing the 4th is a jungler but what is the 5th doing then except support or tank? (if you're not talking about 3v3 ;_; )
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 05:34   Link #1719
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The other two are tough-dps, and yeah I'm talking about SR :P
Old 2012-01-10, 13:52   Link #1720
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Free Pantheon week, the joy! How do you guys usually build him? I get:
- Regrowth pendant (->philo stone)
- Boots LV1, usually merc treads, CDR boots if I get Eleisa's miracle.
- Sheen (->TriForce)
- Wriggle's Lantern
- Infinity Edge
- Last Whisper

Also, a question, can Panth jungle effectively?

Tags
league of legends, lol