Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-27, 23:07   Link #21
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
i dont know if you can tell me but where do you find these spoliers
cause this conversation just got alittle bit more confussing

but since shanks doesnt know about BB DF powers he might not know about ace and then the fight could go a different way entierly
Shanks should know Ace the way he is now as Fire Fist Ace, and he should know the old Blackbeard (the version of him without the devil fruit ability). The old Blackbeard was strong enough to give Shanks an injury that would leave its scar behind. The reason why Blackbeard preferred to stay in the background is also explained in this chapter. I guess, the fight will go on as Shanks expected, especially if Blackbeard considers himself stronger than Whitebeard, the person he fought together for so many years, I don't see a problem with Shanks's expectation (or concern).

For the source of the spoiler, check your pm box.
Old 2006-12-27, 23:50   Link #22
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

i see wat you mean BB might not even need to use teh new DF powers to fight ace

if he is strong enought to give shanks a scar with out th DF powers he might be able to become a strong shichubukai and even challenge WB one of these days

and everone is bashing teh darkness logia DF but if it worth kill a nakama and haveing one of the strongest pirate in teh world want you dead so it has to be a good one.
Old 2006-12-28, 00:54   Link #23
onepiecelover

Everytime I think that I would control myself and not read the spoilers but I cant stop myself, this nre manga chapter seems really exciting ^_^
Old 2006-12-28, 07:20   Link #24
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Im not all too worried about this darkness Logia. Granted, it does sound cheesy. But it's not like BB is the typical 'evil-darkness-guy', whatever that may be. I like the fact that he waited for this fruit, it makes it somehow more real. As to what this darkness logia can actually do, im not sure. But knowing Oda, it won't be what we think it is.

We've all be corrupted by regular Shounen.
Old 2006-12-28, 08:46   Link #25
karumofin

oh nice, i think its safe to assume that blackbeard will be a "main villain" then, in the next arc.
I was kind of counting on Don Flamingo.
Old 2006-12-28, 11:25   Link #26
brandfireX

yeah oda turned the tables on us but when you think about it in jaya BB was shown more then bellmary (the laughing guy)

but still you have no idea who luffy + crew will battle it could be jembi, BB, don flamingo the next arc. should be crazy
Old 2006-12-28, 11:51   Link #27
marvelB

One of the most kickass chapters in a while. It's great to see (nearly) everyone from East Blue again. I noticed that the mayor of Luffy's village mentioned someone named "Dadan". Could that possibly be Luffy's mother? Or could it be that friend of Garp who watched over Luffy and Ace when they were younger...?

And now, Dragon is finally "officially" revealed (because, you know, he has the little intro box thingy). And he says that he and Luffy will meet soon even! But exactly how soon still remains a mystery....

And Ace vs. Blackbeard's crew was awesome. Burgess throwing that hotel at Ace immidiately made me think of that time that Zoro threw that building at Mr. 1 (or more recently, Garp throwing that gigantic cannonball). And what with Teach revealing his plans, it looks like he could turn out to be the main villain of the series. And h ate a darkness fruit... man, I have a strong feeling that Ace is gonna have his ass handed to him on a silver platter next chapter. Shanks did warn Whitebeard how dangerous the guy was, after all (the fact that he gave Shanks that scar suggests he was already really strong before he ate that fruit)....

Oh, and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
While Blackbeard may be super strong, he just looks too goofy for me to take him seriously. I wish Oda woulda drawn him more evenly proportional like the rest of the main villans. Or at least not like a fat drunk.

That's actually what I find most appealing about Blackbeard. He doesn't look like your typical main villain. While some have that badass (Croc, Lucci), intimidating (Eneru, Arlong), or simply goofy flair (Buggy, Foxy) about them, I feel that Blackbeard has all of those qualities combined to make him what could possibly be, again, the main villain of the series. Heck, even his crew all share that quality (just look at Doc Q. He's a sick, weak old man on an equally sick and weak horse, yet he carries deadly stuff like exploding apples!). Man, Blackbeard's crew is awesome.

The only thing that's disappointing is that we have to wait about 2-3 weeks for the next chapter...
Old 2006-12-28, 14:47   Link #28
brandfireX

i feel that BB could be the final Battle in all of OP saw size crew that is all about specialties there are all master at make the do = no wasted fighting time (i hate it when luffy/zoro/snaji have to beat 10,000 mariens before they can get to the real villians) luffy will have to beat shanks, dragon, WB, smoker, aokiji... or atleast they will not care about the SH anymore
Old 2006-12-28, 15:18   Link #29
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

i think Whitebeard will be killed by shanks in next few eps..smoker may survive-hes not a true villain inside..last battle probly luffy vs dragon
Old 2006-12-28, 15:25   Link #30
LS Eden
Eternal Scourge

Send a message via ICQ to LS Eden Send a message via MSN to LS Eden
Why would Oda kill Whitebeard, the "strongest pirate in the world" just yet?
Old 2006-12-28, 15:40   Link #31
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Eden View Post
Why would Oda kill Whitebeard, the "strongest pirate in the world" just yet?
to prove that shanks is even more stronger--and maybe cause whitebeard's already half goner (all these medical things attached to him)..shanks is right, its time to start a new era of pirates and for that old legendry pirates must come to an end,theres too much enemies to take care of right now including entire shichibukai-4 emperors-dragon-WG
Old 2006-12-28, 15:56   Link #32
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The only thing that's disappointing is that we have to wait about 2-3 weeks for the next chapter...
The manga is taking another break!?!?
Old 2006-12-28, 16:10   Link #33
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking View Post
i think Whitebeard will be killed by shanks in next few eps..smoker may survive-hes not a true villain inside..last battle probly luffy vs dragon
i'd doubt that... whitebeard has been shown off as being the strongest character so far... if anyone other than luffy beats him i think it's gonna be blackbeard... what shanks said to whitebeard and such sounds like foreshadowing to me
Old 2006-12-28, 16:10   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
The manga is taking another break!?!?
Yeah, this chapter came out earlier than it should have (it should have been released next week). But this usually happens around the holiday season, so we just gotta be patient...
Old 2006-12-28, 16:31   Link #35
brandfireX

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, this chapter came out earlier than it should have (it should have been released next week). But this usually happens around the holiday season, so we just gotta be patient...
that sucks

but i think that WB will stay around for a while and shanks will leave luffy or BB have to beat him i think that the last battle will be BB v luffy on raftel

but they bopth will have to beat a bunch of ppl

luffys path to one piece
WB+crew
another emperor
4 shichubukai (don flamingo, jembie + two more)
smoker
garp
aokiji

BB's path to one piece
shanks
ace
2 shichubukai
then we will lose track of them and will hear that they all have insane bounties after admirals

of course luffy will become pirate king
Old 2006-12-28, 19:36   Link #36
willynilly

Interesting chapter, but there's one thing that threw me off. How did BB know there was a Dark Dark fruit and what it looked like as well as the other fruits that he came across while under WB. Does it mean that there is more than one of each kind of fruit meaning someone could be walking around with a nother gomu gomu, or suna suna fruit
Old 2006-12-28, 19:58   Link #37
marvelB

According to Blackbeard, he said he memorized the look and shape of the fruit from some sort of encyclopedia. This isn't the first time that the DFs were referenced in books, either (in the very first chapter, Lucky showed Luffy a book with the picture of the Gomu Gomu Fruit, and Kaku mentioned that his and Kalifa's fruits weren't listed in an encyclopedia). Chances are, the fruits regrow every once in a while (for example, in one of the earlier Romance Dawn stories, Devil Fruits grow once every 50 years. Oda may have used this idea for the main series).
Old 2006-12-28, 23:30   Link #38
brandfireX

yeah i was wonder the same thing willynilly but i found out what mavelB is talking about someone should find that list and post it
Old 2006-12-29, 08:43   Link #39
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

i dont think blackbeard got darkness devilfruit while fighting with shanks, making scars on his eye.so if darkness devil fruit is about making darkness around user and making him invisible (plus the claw weapon-sword or whatever skill he got to keep him same level as shanks) blackbeard is going to be one scary fighter now...
Old 2006-12-29, 11:11   Link #40
diners13

well i think that bb is going to beat ace, but ace will survive and then bb is going to fight with luffy and of course luffy is going to win. I think that because bb invites ace to kill together luffy so next target o bb is luffy and BB will not fight yet WB cause its too early for that fight. Well BB now i think its very strong cause if you think darkness can swallow everything even fire,lighting,smoke,ice there must also then a light DF. A fight between strawhats vs bb crew would be really intresting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread