AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 02:22   Link #43021
Eratas123

Oh, they voice it: Laura voices it really well, actually, as does Tatenashi. Kanzashi's relationship with her is somewhat.....ambiguous.
Old 2013-05-10, 02:32   Link #43022
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ever heard of event horizon?

Pass the line, no turning back

Also, thanks tempest, that's such a detailed analysis of a half-assed draft. I''l have this as guideline.
Old 2013-05-10, 02:37   Link #43023
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, my work is done. I'm going back to sleep. My niece came into my bed cuz she couldn't sleep and it work me up. But I went to bed early so I'm no losing too much time.

@ Zero - hope the PM helps somewhat.

...and I really want IncestStrategy 2 translated XD Or better yet, have IncestStrategy 4 to come out....
Old 2013-05-10, 02:41   Link #43024
Eratas123

@ Tempest: Actually, all of them are translated. You just need to know where to look I already found them all.
Old 2013-05-10, 02:45   Link #43025
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

PM or no proof
Old 2013-05-10, 05:19   Link #43026
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So yeah I was doing some random research

And apparently Tabane's tech is EERILY similar to Forerunner tech from Halo

Don't know if it's applied in the fic, don't read it because of gary stu protagonist. Anyone read "Prototype SPARTAN"?
Old 2013-05-10, 05:34   Link #43027
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Didn't read it. I always had that feeling about her tech being overtly superior to the norm like how Forerunners' are to the UNSC.
Old 2013-05-10, 05:42   Link #43028
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Tempest: Actually, all of them are translated. You just need to know where to look I already found them all.
IS 2 has been translated, yes but not to English, as far as I've seen. I have yet to find n2 in English though... Unless there is a corner of this great net that I am unfamiliar with...
Old 2013-05-10, 05:45   Link #43029
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Didn't read it. I always had that feeling about her tech being overtly superior to the norm like how Forerunners' are to the UNSC.
Not only that, but in terms of mechanism too. well, Tabane didn't have the resources and manpower so her biggatons are still confined to solar system

Before said binge browsing, I already imagine stuff to add to my story, but now it's concrete.

@ Tempest
Mangapark, I think

(EDIT: Funny thing, would doujin count as fanfiction? If so, as long as it's not NSFW sharing should be fine)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-05-10 at 06:17.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 06:35   Link #43030
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Just to be safe, knock it out...I've looked back and have seen quite a few of our posts thrown to the wrabbits.

Ah hah~ that bro-conning Chifuyu...XD Sadly, this wasn't the one I was talking about, but it was a nice reminder...XD

Last edited by Tempest35; 2013-05-10 at 06:56.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 06:49   Link #43031
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh yeah, the Light novel thread... brrr

Anyway, tech time

ENIAC

Quote:
The second Armored Stratos unit to be put on operation, based on a Raider chassis, ENIAC is said to be nothing revolutionary. Rather, it's tweaking basic system exist since the first generation unit rolled out. In fact, it was said that ENIAC is based on the original concept of I.S., a space exploration unit. It's a common knowledge that within ten years, more and more of their secondary function has been sacrificed to optimize their direct combat ability. It's very name was taken from the first general purpose electronic computer, rather fitting.

ENIAC is intended for extended operation in all environment, not as combat unit, but as surveillance and tactical command center, similar to AEW&C Aircraft in role.

Boasting 10 times sensor output, high precision, and tactical prowess than normal I.S., ENIAC is more than capable of finding even the stealthiest I.S. hiding anywhere within 500 km on it's position, as well as composing different battle plan in real time with little margin of error. As such, deployment of ENIAC is more effective for major engagement where multiple I.S. is involved.

To defend itself and support it's comrades, ENIAC also capable of executing impressive electronic warfare, disrupting enemy sensor and communication network.
Old 2013-05-10, 07:37   Link #43032
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm heavily reminded of gundam
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 07:43   Link #43033
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Carbon copy of Stratos idea, just more... ah, grounded.

First use is by Maya during Gospel arc to manage the berserking harem, the second time it's used by Iori to transport Ichika from Japan to America in 15 minutes (although Vanguard Overboost-expy is the actual reason) and coordinate siege against PT force using shitload of conventional weapon.

So yeah, never once it's used to fight in a LOLDUELSOME situation, a support unit that could, at best, avoid being targeted and render missile useless by literal hax power.
Old 2013-05-10, 07:59   Link #43034
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Backpedalling while shooting down missiles with tracking laser pointers. I played too much Armored Core that it just flashed into my mind when I read the description.

As much as I would like to add specialized units, Athena doesn't really have that much room for tactical warfare... or warfare to begin with.

EDIT: Something I wanna put down before it slips away...

Spoiler for Rescue?:

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2013-05-10 at 08:27. Reason: added scene
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 08:56   Link #43035
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Spoiler for 1A:

I might switch this for another scene involving just him Ichika and Chifuyu going through their private sword practice and her showing him the Yukihira along with one of the three forms that are passed down along with the blade.
Old 2013-05-10, 11:02   Link #43036
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How out of canon is it tht Ichika still does stuff for Houki even though Houki is generally being a brat bout everything. And then it's explained to her that he's just doing good on his end as a friend to accept whatever she's become and to fulfill even the most insane of requests. But when it's Houki's turn she just balls up and turns away and acts like she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to.
Old 2013-05-10, 11:14   Link #43037
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...that's OOC...? I thought that's how it was...

If what he asks is deemed as being 'embarrassing' by her, then yeah, she would do that - initially. After some thought, she might concede to it later, in true tsundere fashion.

Also, I got a question of my own... is it stated anywhere just WHY Chifuyu retired so early? If I recall, it was right after the 2nd tournament and she went to Germany for the year.
Old 2013-05-10, 11:18   Link #43038
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Never explixitly stated but I think me and eras surmise that she was banned. She took kurezakura on a vigilante-esque rescue mission of her little brother after all. And maybe she decided to stop because someone might hurt Ichika to keep her from winning Mondo Grosso again.
Old 2013-05-10, 11:31   Link #43039
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yeah, that does make sense for that to be her punishment...

And to prevent him from being targeted, she dropped out of the limelight when she returned from German to become a teacher at ISA. *nods* Sounds feasible, thanks.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:02   Link #43040
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hence this spiel

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=42744

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest