AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 01:49   Link #21
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Are you saying Stargazer could own Destiny? I just can't see things the same way, man. And you were just mentioning close combat - Destiny is an all-rounder suit which doesnt really overly specialize in one specific combat role, let alone close combat, while Strike Freedom, of course close combat is not it's main role either. Cut from very long range? Then that isn't close combat anymore, is it? And easily deflect bullets? That's what Phase Shift's been doing since Strike Gundam.
Destiny shines in its flexibility of combat options while Strike Freedom dominates in firepower - something they both surpass Stargazer on. Apparently from the manuals, Strike Freedom (and most probably Destiny as well) has technology derived from Stargazer's VL among other things. You're probably just going omgwtf over Stargazer's beam halo's or whatever they were that fucked Noir up. You said Stargazer's capabilities were different - but that doesn't mean it is superior. The difference is though, Stargazer was designed to be a non-combat mobile suit, no matter how tuff its weapons were, Destiny and Strike Freedom were the ones that ARE designed for all out cleaning house derived from Stargazer itself. Stargazer is no doubt, unique, different, etc. having those beam rings and shit, yeah that was tuff, but compared to HI-Cannon, ASSword, Super Dragoons, Combo Rifles, Full Burst Mode, etc. I dare say Stargazer is probably outdated.

Yes, perhaps it would change a few things, but he would still get owned by an Impulse + Stargazer (Destiny) and also by a Freedom + Stargazer (Strike Freedom).

If you still really think otherwise, I'd be delighted to discuss this with you in a proper Stargazer Vs [insert SEED Destiny suit here] in a proper VS thread.
Can you direct me to which thread, i have trouble finding it.

Im saying that Stargazer owns on close combat,i think once its near any gundam, it will certainly own them. I think even if Destiny had a big ass sword, it couldnt get pass its shield and beam rings that protect it like a sphere. If it had some combat capabilties like long range and a good pilot. I think it could be really strong enough to beat SF and destiny. Ive seen Burst Mode easilty blocked by energy shields, Dragoons avoided and repelled, big ass sword broken by a light saber, neither of those were invincible too.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 04:10   Link #22
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Can you direct me to which thread, i have trouble finding it.

Im saying that Stargazer owns on close combat,i think once its near any gundam, it will certainly own them. I think even if Destiny had a big ass sword, it couldnt get pass its shield and beam rings that protect it like a sphere. If it had some combat capabilties like long range and a good pilot. I think it could be really strong enough to beat SF and destiny. Ive seen Burst Mode easilty blocked by energy shields, Dragoons avoided and repelled, big ass sword broken by a light saber, neither of those were invincible too.
If Stargazer had all those capabilities you mentioned, then it's not Stargazer anymore. Just by giving it advantages that it doesnt normally have already justifies that it will lose in a straight up duel with SF and Destiny.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 13:03   Link #23
Honey_and_Cleaver

Then itd probrably be called Strike Stargazer since no gundam have the ability to have rings and defend itself from every direction.
Old 2007-05-11, 04:43   Link #24
zaft1412

Quote:
Then itd probrably be called Strike Stargazer since no gundam have the ability to have rings and defend itself from every direction.
Wrong on the part u say no gundam could defend from every direction. There is one in the CE era. The CAT1-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam piloted by Canard Pars. Its shield can block 360 degrees from any direction; including beam weapons. Here's a link to it: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/xastray/cat1-x1-3.htm

Btw i think that Strike Noir would get owned by freedom or destiny. Remember what happen to Muu de Fraga's Strike Gundam when he fought with Providence gundam?
zaft1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 10:07   Link #25
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
See, that's where it's questionable. Strike Noir is a revamped version of Strike, so it would probably put up a better fight against Providence. So, I'd put it up in the ranks of being able to challenge Strike, Impulse, Gaia, Abyss, etc. But when it comes to stronger Gundams like Strike Freedom and Destiny, it's just a step down so it would have a hell of a time.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 07:39   Link #26
Honey_and_Cleaver

Those gundams like Strike Freedom,Destiny,Legend,Akatsuki and Infinite Justice are god gundams. Theres no way Stike Noir can just keep up with the speed. Especially the seed mode is definately unfair to any normal pilot.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:39   Link #27
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Keep in mind that anyone is capable of going into SEED mode. Cagalli's proven this. It's simply a matter of will.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:46   Link #28
thephreak

i'd put my bet on any of the main pilots and their gundams versus Sven and Strike Noir anyday, even if he can go seed mode
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 07:54   Link #29
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Depends, if he managed to hook up with Mwu in the Launcher Strike...
Old 2007-05-21, 16:25   Link #30
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Well, in either case, he would be an interesting addition to the Gundam SEED story.
Old 2007-05-21, 18:56   Link #31
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Keep in mind that anyone is capable of going into SEED mode. Cagalli's proven this. It's simply a matter of will.
Partially, you have to be MAIN CHARACTER!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 10:18   Link #32
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Cagalli wasn't really a main character and she entered SEED mode. At best, like most of the Archangel crew, she was a supporting character.
Old 2007-05-24, 06:28   Link #33
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
lol, u guys think Cagalli can wreck Sven by any chance?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 12:14   Link #34
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

I didn't say that. What I did say was that anyone has the potential to go SEED. Cagalli merely proved that point. So, that could mean that given time and development, Sven can go SEED.
Old 2007-05-28, 08:42   Link #35
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

"The SEEDs have flown" - Lord Uzumi

I always believed the SEEDs was just a select group of people, that for whatever reason are "The chosen ones" of GS. I assume one becomes a bearer of the SEED after overexposure to Kira rays.
Old 2007-05-29, 21:16   Link #36
cyoti

I wonder if there is any active transfer of bodily fluids involved.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 08:44   Link #37
Honey_and_Cleaver

I believe that Sven was in before the main characters get their hands on the god gundams like Strike Freedom and Destiny. If Sven were in GSD at the beginning, Shin Asuka would have been dead in his Impulse MA, Lunamaria would have followed to his grave. Probrably Athrun would be the last to face Sven.
Old 2007-06-02, 10:50   Link #38
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I'm pretty sure Sven would have a huge fanbase. I think UC fans would like Sven more than the other protagionists

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:33   Link #39
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Shinn was a whiner and Sven was the opposite in contrast. Shinn can only appease to a portion of the fanbase while Sven can appease to the other portion.
Old 2007-06-02, 19:12   Link #40
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I believe that Sven was in before the main characters get their hands on the god gundams like Strike Freedom and Destiny. If Sven were in GSD at the beginning, Shin Asuka would have been dead in his Impulse MA, Lunamaria would have followed to his grave. Probrably Athrun would be the last to face Sven.
Keep convincing that to the man in the mirror...Sven was sooo great they didn't even need his a$$ in the Armory 1 hi-jack ...Boy sure coulda used Strike Noir's awsomeness during the DESTROY Berlin battle where Sven is found in the bowles of the ship doing nothing, I'm sure he could've fought off Shinn with a gatling gun then helped Sting from not getting PWNd by Murasames with a grapling move ...Irrational Shinn hate should be classified as a medical illness about now...

As for Shinn being a whiner, yeah I automatically think about Renton from Eureka 7 or Shinji from Eva or Kira from the first half of SEED when I think of Shinn, yeah ...