AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-10, 22:26   Link #1161
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
wow..that's pretty good....now if index season 3 come out.... i think touma (and accel)'s rank will boost out as well.....

i thought touma's rank will be fall down far after index 2....i think. it was because the LN...
Old 2011-10-11, 14:21   Link #1162
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

It's all about the male LN ranking
Old 2012-05-24, 09:15   Link #1163
DawnEmperor

As a watcher of the anime mainly, I don't know what's more frustrating; the fact that Touma lost his memories, almost literally making him a rather blank heroic male lead, or the fact that maybe it didn't actually change much. i mean, I like Touma, but it's like that they just use him as a device called "hero", rather than develop him as a character.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:20   Link #1164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
As a watcher of the anime mainly, I don't know what's more frustrating; the fact that Touma lost his memories, almost literally making him a rather blank heroic male lead, or the fact that maybe it didn't actually change much. i mean, I like Touma, but it's like that they just use him as a device called "hero", rather than develop him as a character.
Touma's development is not as obvious as the other two protagonists, but it's definitely there, just more subtle.

But there is a type of protagonist that doesn't go through a 'rite of passage', I'm sure you've seen before characters that changes the people around them, rather than the people around changing him.
Old 2012-06-21, 05:43   Link #1165
DawnEmperor

^Wow, I never actually thought of it that way. Maybe it frustrates me, but Touma's role probably isn't the typical "Main character grows in power" story, but "main character inspires people."
Old 2012-06-21, 06:53   Link #1166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
^Wow, I never actually thought of it that way. Maybe it frustrates me, but Touma's role probably isn't the typical "Main character grows in power" story, but "main character inspires people."

Yes, I never understood why people insist that Main Characters require to undergo a change from start to finish. The thinking isn't wrong, it's just not necessary if your character doesn't need it; take a recent example- Do you think that Rider from Fate/Zero needs to undergo a change and get character development?

Now I realized I didn't quite address your earlier issue about Touma being a 'blank heroic male lead', while it's true that his memory lost had wipe the slate clean, at the same time it had also changed him. Before his memory lost Touma had his hesitations, he was unsure of his own power, unsure of what he should be doing, but at the same time he had this small desire to want to be more than that.

After he lost his memories, the only thing Touma knew was the story of his former self and how he had given everything to save a girl. Suddenly all that hesitation and self doubt he had was gone, replaced by the knowledge that no matter the odds, he does have what it takes to save people. He has no reason to hesitate, no reason to doubt in what he believes it.

Heck, this was actually in the lyrics of [PSI-Missing]
Old 2012-06-21, 10:12   Link #1167
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
"main character inspires people."
Yeah, and he does it alot better than other main characters too that inspire people *cough*Naruto*cough* (don't even know how he would inspire others)

Heck, I'm actually inspired by him as well which why he's my favorite character(along with other reasons). Didn't know I could really have an anime character that I would ever admire, but it ended up happening.

I also happen to be one of the few that enjoy his speeches
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-07-10, 03:13   Link #1168
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Spoiler for .......:

This music is a tribute to the the Unlucky(?) protagonist that have many aliases but i think " Weakest yet the Strongest" suit him more
Old 2012-07-24, 13:45   Link #1169
Njo Esper

About touma having 3 powers...I've heard somewhere a lot of theories, don't know if you already said them here.

One is that Touma is actually an Esper, but Imagine breaker is holding back his Power.

Another one is that he is sealing the Dragon of St george, since the walking curch that index is wearing can only be broken by that dragon. Also remember when Izzard cut his hand for the first time, the dragon head that appeared.

But it is said that the dragon wasn't from Aurerus's imagination.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:43   Link #1170
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Well Touma's power is stronger than The One Above God, and in this series a dragon is a fallen angel so I doubt it's that. I think it is more likely something related to Aiwass and the Aeon of Horus.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:46   Link #1171
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

So would that mean that Touma possibly has a power that rivals Aiwass or is at least in the same class?
Old 2012-07-24, 15:59   Link #1172
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
So would that mean that Touma possibly has a power that rivals Aiwass or is at least in the same class?
My theory has always been that whatever is sealed up in there is an angel similar to Aiwass. There's a reason Aiwass was given the title DRAGON, and it's no coincidence Kamachi specifically highlighted the meaning of the Dragon in Volume 18 before we got to Aiwass, and later, Fiamma vs Touma.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-07-24, 18:30   Link #1173
Njo Esper

I hope they explain in NT5 what's inside...we got like 30 vol and still we don't know the details.

At the moment, we know:

-Imagine breaker: The negation effect and another power ¿right?
-The thing inside it.

And the name "Kamijou Touma" supposedly means "Invisible Demon". He may have a demon sealed in his hand perhaps?

But a demon can't supposedly be stroger than god, can it?

When terra fought against touma, he expected to use the other power or something like that. He sounded like he wasn't afraid of that power.

Man, Imagine breaker, along with the gemstones, have intrigued me. And now we got
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-24, 18:42   Link #1174
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Maybe that power has something to do with Lucifer? In Christianity Fallen angels are considered demons/dragons(in this series) and Lucifer was God's right hand before Micheal defeated him, cast him out of heaven and replaced him as god's right hand(seat).
Old 2012-07-24, 20:24   Link #1175
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Nah, as Aliester said it has nothing to do with Christianity, that was the same mistake Fiamma made

Old 2012-07-24, 21:04   Link #1176
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Maybe that power has something to do with Lucifer? In Christianity Fallen angels are considered demons/dragons(in this series) and Lucifer was God's right hand before Micheal defeated him, cast him out of heaven and replaced him as god's right hand(seat).
I always thought his power came from lucifer.

But it seemed like such a cliche :2
Old 2012-07-24, 21:15   Link #1177
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
I always thought his power came from lucifer.

But it seemed like such a cliche :2
Ever since I've learned about it, I had always wonder if it could have been Choronzon.
Old 2012-07-24, 21:30   Link #1178
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ever since I've learned about it, I had always wonder if it could have been Choronzon.
Oh wow, it looks totally like it!

If so, Aleister is basically planning on using him once matured to get a fucking hell lot of power.
Old 2012-07-24, 22:54   Link #1179
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Really does sound possible especially the "Destroy the Ego" part

Old 2012-07-24, 22:59   Link #1180
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Considering it's actually related to Thelma and Aliester Crowly I'd say that that's the best theory so far.
Closed Thread