AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 15:37   Link #3721
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
All I have to say to the doubter is beware of "Pastel Ending"... wait what ending?
Pastel ended at last?
I forgot about it long long ago, as it was a never ending story.
I really hope that GE and KNIM end soon, maybe next story will be better or at least decent.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:38   Link #3722
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I rather have those two end up with him rather than Yuki because I personally find her to be an annoying wishy washy whiny bitch.
Totally agree. The bad-ass self-confident Yuki from the beginning of the story was so much better. 'Friend-zone' Yuki is just boring. She almost seems like a different character now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
we all know that Shou is just a rebound and that this will end badly. So, all the time spent "developing" this relationship just feels like a waste of time and energy.
Up until this last chapter, I would have agreed with you.. but the author seems to be addressing all the doubts head-on. I always hold out hope that a manga can surprise me!

Anyway, now that Utsumi & Shou missed the last train, they're going to have to get a hotel room together, so I think it's time to 'seal the deal'. Go Shou! Make a man out of him! You can do it!
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 23:40   Link #3723
leokiko

The only way for the author to extend the story further would be an unhappy ending for him with Sho. There are two routes(that I can guess). Either make a few more chapters for closure and an Seiji x Shou happy ending or extend it leading it to they breaking up, Yuki solving everything with her ex, and eventually an Seiji x Yuki happy ending.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-02-24 at 00:38.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 00:07   Link #3724
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
That sure is a cliched way to close everything, and I hope to god that they don't go down that route. I agree with you though, as much I hate Yuki, I just wish that the author would allow Tooru (the ex) to meet her and get it over with.

By the way it's going we'll probably go through the current Seiji x Shou phase, the break up (I don't want that to happen because Shou's my favourite heroine), then the Yuki closure.

I seriously don't like where the story will possible go but it's not going to be surprising considering what happened during the current chapter.
Old 2012-02-24, 04:39   Link #3725
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Shou's insecurity about Utsumi calling her "Sempai" instead of Shou was - for me - a stupid 1-chapter-drama element by SK. I mean, come on, not even in the worst Visual Novels is the drama about "how to call your boyfriend/girlfriend". I could see the issue if he had addressed her by her last name+san while calling Yuki by her first name without suffix because this actually could somehow indicate a distance of "closeness" regarding their friendship(s).

Meh, whatever, the show must go on >_<.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 07:19   Link #3726
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Far be it from me to defend Shou but I'd say she had very solid reasons for being insecure, the suffix thing was just the last straw.

She understands very well that she IS the rebound girl.
Old 2012-02-24, 19:06   Link #3727
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Far be it from me to defend Shou but I'd say she had very solid reasons for being insecure, the suffix thing was just the last straw.

She definitely isn't in the wrong. Seiji was being a dumbass talking about Yuki too. I've had to hear about "the ex" and it's not a fun experience, at all.

Anyway... it's good to know that Shou cares so much for Seji. This way when they break up it'll be all the more painful. Wait... that's not good at all! Aghh...
Old 2012-02-24, 19:22   Link #3728
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post

Oh no, I was not complaining that Shou felt insecure because I can see why she feels that way. It was more along of that SK decided to uses this way as the "final straw".
Contrary to "popular" belief, I'm a huge fanboy of Shou and she has become my favorite character in GE (by now I dare to say her character-centric chapters are the only reason I will even bother to read more than just a summary if it's not drama overload for my biased taste), although that wasn't the case at the beginning of the manga.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 07:25   Link #3729
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Chapter 116 is out..

ho.....i liked it...there were many emotions expressed in this chapter..especially by Yuki...when Utsumi was talking with Yuki about Shou...when Yuki heard the call between Utsumi and Shou..when Yuki was in the classroom alone...interesting...i wonder when she realize what she did...

However..i wonder because Shou ask Yuki to meet each other...

The cat girl show up!!! haaaa..i missed you!
Old 2012-02-28, 08:02   Link #3730
Johnny
Working the bags...

I wonder how long it will take for Utsumi to realize he screwed up again when Yuki's pic wins over the one of Shou he also submitted? That is if Shou is still feeling self-conscious. Which she should be unless Utsumi's sampled her goods by then...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 08:16   Link #3731
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I wonder how long it will take for Utsumi to realize he screwed up again when Yuki's pic wins over the one of Shou he also submitted? That is if Shou is still feeling self-conscious. Which she should be unless Utsumi's sampled her goods by then...
So he summited one of Yuki and one of Shou together?

I bet if Yuki won... Utsumi has to make it up with Shou and show her he means business (love hotel)...
Old 2012-02-28, 08:29   Link #3732
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
So he summited one of Yuki and one of Shou together?

I bet if Yuki won... Utsumi has to make it up with Shou and show her he means business (love hotel)...
Hehe. Well I'm just assuming they were the one he took of Yuki in the classroom and the other one of Shou since he just said number 3 and 5...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:30   Link #3733
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ok Author person... you know you wanna do it, cause I really want to see it... CAT FIGHT!!! ~HISS~
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 12:13   Link #3734
MikiMata

I'm hoping there's a confrontation of some sort, just because the drama quotient has been pretty low in this series lately, but I somehow doubt it. Both Shou and Yuki are emotional wimps so I don't see much of an argument coming. This chapter really demonstrated the big problem I've always had with Yuki. She is so completely, utterly dishonest with her feelings. It borders on pathological. She obviously still loves Utsumi but she probably doesn't even admit it to herself.

As for Shou, I've never really cared for her. She is needy, clingy and manipulative. I thought her part in the story should have ended when she kissed Utsumi "goodbye" right before she graduated. That was a nice scene and gave closure to her whole character arc; she was reaping the bitter harvest she sowed when she chose Kento, and now developing feelings for Utsumi too late - it was a poetic statement on the importance of timing in love. To bring her back as love interest after that just feels tacked-on and contrived.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 12:50   Link #3735
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ok Author person... you know you wanna do it, cause I really want to see it... CAT FIGHT!!! ~HISS~
LOLOL....

I think the author does want to do it.
I dont see why he would make them meet each other.

I cant see shou asking yuki for advice..
I can see Yuki giving shou advice tho.

However i feel more like Shou's insecurity towards yuki will probably own her.

Personally i think both of them dont deserve him.
I want that camera girl on the last few pages to get him in all honesty.
You have to admit if ur gf had her personality, you wouldnt get bored.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 13:35   Link #3736
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Hmmm.... interesting, interesting. I wonder how big this is going to snowball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Hehe. Well I'm just assuming they were the one he took of Yuki in the classroom and the other one of Shou since he just said number 3 and 5...
Yuki's picture is definitely going to win. Foreshadow much? Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I was going to say, "it's on now bitch!"
Old 2012-02-28, 13:54   Link #3737
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I really don't like where this is going. I bet Yuki will say something to make Shou doubt Seiji and he will do something that will cause her insecurities to go off the chains.

I bet we'll see a break-up in a chapter or two and I'm really not suprised -_-.
Old 2012-02-28, 15:00   Link #3738
leokiko

...or Yuki will say things that will put Shou to an ease and we will soon see an happy ending.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 17:30   Link #3739
Zetsubo
著述遮断

A delicious and yet unexpected development.

Can't wait to see what is going to be said.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 20:01   Link #3740
jzmagic
flargansbog

I've lost all emotional investment in this manga by now. I hope this ends soon, the story is just being dragged out. I don't care who Utsumi ends up with.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi