AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-04, 16:24   Link #1
Sparta2388

Hiroaki Samura Collection

So I'm a long time fan of Hiroaki Samura, the creator of Blade of the Immortal. Throughout the years I've tried to collect all of his work.

Bradherley no Basha
Brigit's Supper
Emerald
Halcyon Lunch
Mugen no Juunin
Night of the Succubus
Ohikkoshi
Sister Generator

Most of these have not been released in America, so I've been forced to torrent scanlations of his work in order to read it. Yes I do own his entire collect on my computer, but I'm a hardcore fan of his work and I would actually like to own each manga. If any of you know where I could find the remaining series on my list, please help me out! I've searched everywhere I can think of.

This is what remains on my list...
Halcyon Lunch
Night of the Succubus

Halcyon Lunch was released in Issue #1 on good! Afternoon, I believe. But I can't seem to find it anywhere.

And yes I own both of his art books including Adanami Mugen No Juunin & Hitodenasi no Koi (The Love of the Brute).

All help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Sparta2388; 2009-11-09 at 00:01.
Old 2009-11-06, 11:57   Link #2
Sparta2388

Bump :x Hlep
Old 2009-11-07, 19:48   Link #3
il_capitano
tea for universe

Brigit's Supper and Emerald are both collected in his recent collection of shorts, Sister Generator.

Halcyon Lunch is an ongoing series in good! Afternoon, the first volume of which is slated for March next year.

Night of the Succubus ran in a doujinshi of some sort as I understand it and so it's outside my field of expertise. Sorry.

So basically, what you're going to want to do is buy Sister Generator if you haven't already, and buy Halcyon Lunch as the volumes come out.
Old 2009-11-08, 23:39   Link #4
Sparta2388

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_capitano View Post
Brigit's Supper and Emerald are both collected in his recent collection of shorts, Sister Generator.
I actually ordered Sister Generator, which is why it isn't listed with the ones I'm looking for, just haven't received it yet. This makes me happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_capitano View Post
Halcyon Lunch is an ongoing series in good! Afternoon, the first volume of which is slated for March next year.
Next year? O_o Do you mean in english then? Because from what I've seen good! Afternoon Vol. 1 was released in November 08 in Japan.

I think I had the opportunity to get Night of the Succubus as well, and I passed it up. !
Old 2009-11-09, 03:29   Link #5
il_capitano
tea for universe

The first volume. Volume as in, like, tankoubon, a collection of chapters. good! Afternoon issue 1 would have contained a 20-some page first chapter. This first volume should contain, I don't know, six or seven of those over-20-page chapters, judging from the release date?
Old 2009-11-09, 08:06   Link #6
Sparta2388

Hmmm, ok thanks for the input!
Old 2009-11-11, 10:53   Link #7
Sparta2388

Also, does anyone know what magazine or book these are from?

Haruhi

Genshiken

Both of which are drawn by Samura. :x

Last edited by Sparta2388; 2009-11-11 at 22:22.
Old 2009-11-12, 03:08   Link #8
il_capitano
tea for universe

I'm guessing the Haruhi one is his contribution to some book that describes itself as a "Haruhi comic anthology". It looks like it's one of these things where a bunch of authors basically draw short doujinshi (or at least illustrations, as in this case) of a certain manga and compile them together (as I understand it, this is usually done when the manga in question has some cause from celebration, like getting an anime adaptation). So anyway, I'm pretty sure that illustration should be in this book, if you insist on buying it.

The Genshiken one is no doubt part of "Project G", which is the name of Genshiken's "comic anthology" (so, same idea as the Haruhi thing above). The Project G books would have come packaged with a special edition of a volume of Genshiken (can't remember which, it's been a long time). You'll have to track down a used copy if you're interested, because I'm pretty sure those special editions get their printing discontinued pretty quick, regardless of their popularity.

And for what it's worth, a couple other Samura illustrations of the top of my head:
- Two pages in the back of volume 6 of Hiroki Endou's Eden
- This drawing of some character from Sora no Manimani (in celebration of its anime adaptation)
Closed Thread