AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-26, 14:25   Link #261
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I think I wouldn't be very unfair if I said that you can watch the very first and last episode of Macross 7 and you'll still get the idea what's going on.

Viewer: "Oh, hey, that's Basara, long time no see. Wonder how you've changed. No changes there I see. Then how about other characters? Same. But there's the final boss... Oh, so they wanted life energy because they couldn't find it joyful creating it themselves. Go sing it into submission Basara! And there you have it, ending credits. That sure was a long ride."

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 19:09   Link #262
bishopcruz

The movie is actually pretty entertaining, if only for emelia. Dynamite 7 is odd, haven't finished it yet, but the animation on both is really nice. It's a welcome change.

Also, Fleet of the Strongest women was one of the greatest episodes of anything. Ok, not THAT great, but a nice bit of fun.

The animation DID get better as the series progressed, which was nice, but still nowhere near my favorite Macross, I don't hate it, it's quite entertaining at times, but sakes alive it takes forever to get anywhere. You cut like 60% of the 'waking Sybil' episodes, and it would have helped.

But outside of the RETARDED instrument flight sticks. I'd have to complain that my biggest complaint overall wae the Protodevelin. They are by far the worst villains in Macross history, they made me long for the Vajra. Gigil wasn't bad, but the rest? They looked like Sailor Moon rejects, their personalities were crap, and while their concept was actually pretty cool, their execution was not. How many times did we have to hear Sybil say 'ANIMA SPIRITIA!" ... /orgasm. I mean really.

But gotta say, I actually became a fan of Gamlin as the show progressed, though I swear, and this is coming from someone who NEVER says this, there was more romantic tension between Gamlin and Basara than there ever was between Mylene and Basara.
bishopcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 23:18   Link #263
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post

But gotta say, I actually became a fan of Gamlin as the show progressed, though I swear, and this is coming from someone who NEVER says this, there was more romantic tension between Gamlin and Basara than there ever was between Mylene and Basara.
WERD. It was plain as day that Mylene's attraction to Basara was completely one-sided. He only ever showed interest in her as a valuable member of his band or as a fellow musician. Aside from rescuing her a few times, I can't see what would draw her to him other than mystique. When she's not in trouble, he's far too focused on the stage to bother with women, except maybe for Rex, whom he respects for reasons other than her killer looks.

Gamlin, on the other hand, repeatedly puts his life on the line to protect both her and the rest of the band, shows definite romantic interest in her and makes an effort for it, even if it is really clumsy at first. He even overcomes his dislike of rock music (make that severe allergic reaction to) to cultivate an appreciation for her passion and even comes to respect Basara. He has the two traits that Basara lacks: selflessness and compassion.

Not that I hate Basara, but the triangle resolution was pure Kawamori trolling.

Quote:
I think I wouldn't be very unfair if I said that you can watch the very first and last episode of Macross 7 and you'll still get the idea what's going on.
XD Sad but true.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 16:41   Link #264
bishopcruz

To be fair though, I thought it was impressive that she like Gamlin as much as she did. Dude cemented himself in the friend zone early on, REAL early on. He was kinda doomed, but I think she would have actually gone for it had Basara not almost died.

As for Basara, I refuse to beleive he never nailed Rex. Not to mention he showed more interest to her than anyone else. I still remember the "we'll continue this later" from the Sybil episode.

Though, some odd part of me thinks that Basara and Emilia would be perfect for eachother, though it would likely lead to some awkward family reunions.
bishopcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 15:57   Link #265
Wah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Probably because it's silly and very much like a Super Robot show. Not really fitting with the Macross universe. Until you watch the whole thing and end up going from hating Basara and his shitty songs to loving Basara and his GODAWESOME songs.
Super Robot? So it's characters yell things like "ROCKET PUNCH!" or "GIGA DRILL BREAKER!"?
As far as I know, Sound Force's VFs aren't invincible, they were just constructed to rock.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 12:53   Link #266
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Sorry for those of you who aren't on niconico, but for those who are, here's a preview of the new Fire Bomber album...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8345282

Sounds damn good to me. FAIYAA!
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:58   Link #267
ReddyRedWolf

Since there is no Macross 7 manga thread I'll just leave this here.

Spoiler for The Next Generation:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 20:30   Link #268
thenoyb

Macross 7 PLUS

So new to the forum but not Macross. I have managed to find most of all the series online. But the exceptions are Macross 7 PLUS and Macross Fufonfia. I have some of PLUS and the first 13 of Fufonfia with English subs but not all. Does anyone know where I can get all. I know that there are 12 PLUSs and 25 Fufonfia and I have found most of them with Spanish subs. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Thenoyb
thenoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 04:34   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Have you not checked out the official animesuki website at all?

http://animesuki.com/series.php/166.html
Old 2010-01-29, 05:15   Link #270
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

...*shifty eyes*

In regards to M7...
I like Mylene. A Lot.

And Yoshiki Fukuyama.

But that has gotta be it;

Devil king brows girl annoyed me shitless, Basara was a giant a-hole, Gamlin was fugly, the villains were even fuglier, and we spent way too much time watching them orgasm;

Oh and Flower girl was a waste of time.
Where the hella re her parents and why is such a young girl walking around by herself- let alone going to ROCK CONCERTS!?
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:10   Link #271
thenoyb

Shrioth,

Thanks for the help, but when you DL all the possible M7 stuff that Animesuki has you end up with 5 Macross 7 PLUS episodes. I did a search for a list of all the eps and according to http://macross.anime.net/production/..._action/seven/, and http://myanimelist.net/anime/6209/Macross_7_Plus there are 12 eps. So I did a search on Youtube and found the Skull Team Fansub channel that has all 12 but with Spanish subs. Good quality but Spanish.

As for Macross Fufonfia, when you look at the detials for Macross Fufonfia 1-25 which was posted on 2009-08-09 it shows that this is actually Macross Frontier in an Ipod format. http://animesuki.com/details.php/41440.html. When I did a search I found that there are 20 episodes http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=4939 of Fufonfia. When you DL every thing from Animesuki you end up with 13 of the eps. A Youtube search doesn't get you much because Big West has asked for them to be removed and they have only posted 4 on their channel and they aren't sub.

So if anyone knows where I can get the remaining 7 eps of Macross 7 PLUS or Macross Fufonfia it would be much appreciated.

thenoyb.
thenoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 01:24   Link #272
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
I consider macross 7 to be a disaster in the macross franchise, pretty much like gundam g in the gundam franchise. As far as I can remember, the only reason I watched this show was to find out what happened to Maximillian Jenius. Though I still can't believe I managed to finish the entire series, enduring 50 episodes of intergalactic concerts, alien orgasms, and the young flower girl. However, the person that made macross 7 great was Yoshiki Fukuyama, not to mention all his songs are great from the original series up to macross 7 dynamite.
A l l e l u j a h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 20:59   Link #273
zerodigit1

Today I just complete watching all M7, encore , dynamite and all related to M7.
There are some boring parts but Overall I liked it very much.
I just loved Mylene and was great seeing Max and Miria once more.

But what I would really appreciate is if anybody knows if she finally made up her choice (Bassara or Gamlin) ?

And if is there any Macross material that talks about Jenius family before M7 ? (heard something about M3)
zerodigit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 13:27   Link #274
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

zerodigit,

Mylene hasn't made up her choice.

Macross M3 is a game that tells about Max, Milia and their adopted daughter Moramia as they fulfill their mission to deal with space bugs (not the Vajra).
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 15:49   Link #275
zerodigit1

Thanks CaptGloval,

I'm a late fan... I've watched all Macross series in 1 month. From Zero to Frontier. (got all movies, ovas, series,etc.). got completed adicted to it.

Now that I went trough all of it Kind fell like NEED more Macross !

Anybody knows if is there any plans for new releases this year ?
Old 2010-04-25, 21:13   Link #276
zerodigit1

Does anybody has an english translation from the music "Heart and Soul" from Macross 7 - The Galaxy is Calling Me ?
Old 2010-07-24, 16:58   Link #277
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

So yeah...I went to see Chie Kajiura (the singing voice for Mylene) in concert in Omotesando last night.

Okay...DAMN good concert, DAMN good time last night. Chie was awesome. She did about six Mac7 songs, and the rest was all solo stuff, with a few new songs thrown in. Oh, and a Kate Bush cover, which she performed flawlessly. So yeah...a really good performance.

Immediately after the show, Renato, Tochiro, and I were talking to Tenjin as we were on the stairwell to the exit. Suddenly, I saw Tomo Sakurai walk past me...it took a moment to register..."Oh, there's Tomo Sakurai, I should say hi. Nah, she looks busy...wait a sec..." I sprinted up the stairs, and said, "Sakurai-san!" She turned around, looking startled. I extended my hand and said, "Dai-fan desu." Still looking startled, she shook my hand gently, said, "Arigato," and then continued climbing the stairs.

Then, after waiting too long in the lobby (and witnessing the aftermath of a fire nearby), we met up with the Chie Kajiura fanclub, went out for drinks and food, and then to all-night karaoke. Lots of Macross songs, some Mospeada, Orguss, Megazone, and plenty of other '80s mecha hits were sung before I got home (about fifteen minutes ago). Now I'm go to sleep. G'night.
Old 2010-07-24, 17:27   Link #278
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
So yeah...I went to see Chie Kajiura (the singing voice for Mylene) in concert in Omotesando last night.

Okay...DAMN good concert, DAMN good time last night. Chie was awesome. She did about six Mac7 songs, and the rest was all solo stuff, with a few new songs thrown in. Oh, and a Kate Bush cover, which she performed flawlessly. So yeah...a really good performance.

Immediately after the show, Renato, Tochiro, and I were talking to Tenjin as we were on the stairwell to the exit. Suddenly, I saw Tomo Sakurai walk past me...it took a moment to register..."Oh, there's Tomo Sakurai, I should say hi. Nah, she looks busy...wait a sec..." I sprinted up the stairs, and said, "Sakurai-san!" She turned around, looking startled. I extended my hand and said, "Dai-fan desu." Still looking startled, she shook my hand gently, said, "Arigato," and then continued climbing the stairs.

Then, after waiting too long in the lobby (and witnessing the aftermath of a fire nearby), we met up with the Chie Kajiura fanclub, went out for drinks and food, and then to all-night karaoke. Lots of Macross songs, some Mospeada, Orguss, Megazone, and plenty of other '80s mecha hits were sung before I got home (about fifteen minutes ago). Now I'm go to sleep. G'night.
Sounds like an awesome time. Would have been fun. Where did this take place?
Old 2010-07-24, 17:40   Link #279
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous, right now...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 23:11   Link #280
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Sounds like an awesome time. Would have been fun. Where did this take place?
It was at Omotesando FAB, which is a really nice club.