AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-07, 17:26   Link #81
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
i thought it was pre-lisenced, wasn't Samurai champloo prelisenced long before it came out yet people fansubbed the releases until it was offically lisenced?
Old 2004-11-07, 18:35   Link #82
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Prelicensing only indicates that a title is officially licensed before it begins airing. Any title that is prelicensed is, in fact, still well and truly licensed. The only groups that do prelicensed material are underground/pirate groups, whatever you want to call them.

That said, I'm not sure that ADV ever confirmed Samurai Gun as being licensed. Last I heard, ADV's US division was credited in the series, which means it's a foregone conclusion that it WILL be licensed at some point in the future, but no official announcement was made.

In my opinion, though, series with credits such as these should be treated as licensed with or without an official announcement.
Old 2004-11-07, 19:30   Link #83
chamelean75

Is someone subbing Gakuen Alice? It looks like a good series.
Old 2004-11-08, 02:51   Link #84
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100demons
I wanted to throw out the Devilman 80's series, back when he was blue. I've seen a couple and love it. I was just putting that out there. I hope one of you fansub groups has plans or at least thinks about plans for that great series.
Already being subbed by ILA Fansubs. They've done episodes 1-4. Unfortunately the torrents are currently down because they are renovating their tracker page, but I'm sure you can download them on irc if you don't want to wait for them to get the torrents back up.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-08, 06:58   Link #85
Sairai_X

What about that Legend of DUO thing? Anybody got any plans for that? I can't find it on winny even though it's supposedly aired a while ago, and the webpage hasn't been updated.
Anybody know what's up with it?
Old 2004-11-08, 17:15   Link #86
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairai_X
What about that Legend of DUO thing? Anybody got any plans for that? I can't find it on winny even though it's supposedly aired a while ago, and the webpage hasn't been updated.
Anybody know what's up with it?
After reading Jascii's review of Duo I'm content to let it remain unsubbed forever.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-09, 02:29   Link #87
TensaiKim

Shinsengumi Drama

Does anyone know where I can download the Shinsengumi drama or if anyone is subbing it?^^
Thanks~~
Old 2004-11-09, 04:15   Link #88
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

What Shinsengumi drama? Is that the title of it?

Old 2004-11-09, 05:19   Link #89
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

He probably means this drama.

Every year, NHK has a year-long historical drama, and Shinsengumi is this year's. AFAIK, it's very popular and triggered a Shinsengumi fad (not that it's all that difficult to start a fad in Japan...). It airs every week, though, so it runs somewhere around 50-2 episodes (then they do a huge summary recap episode at the end of the year).
Old 2004-11-09, 05:38   Link #90
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Oh. He's on the wrong forum then. We don't list dorama. Only anime. Though this might explain why I saw so much Shinsengumi cosplay at Otakon...

Old 2004-11-09, 11:24   Link #91
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Actually regarding that particular Shinsengumi drama, I believe it has already been subbed by someone as I was able to download and watch 4 subbed episodes.
Old 2004-11-09, 12:21   Link #92
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensaiKim
Does anyone know where I can download the Shinsengumi drama or if anyone is subbing it?^^
Thanks~~
It airs subbed on KTSF (SF Bay Area multicultural station) Saturday nights at 9:30, although this may not help you much.
Old 2004-11-09, 12:29   Link #93
Somedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_suck
It airs subbed on KTSF (SF Bay Area multicultural station) Saturday nights at 9:30, although this may not help you much.
Heh, only show I watch with any regularity.
Old 2004-11-09, 16:45   Link #94
Kenji Ikari
Lazy Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Kenji Ikari Send a message via MSN to Kenji Ikari
http://torrents.theppn.org/search.ph...nsengumi&cat=0
?
Old 2004-11-12, 12:57   Link #95
Vicious-angel

Vie Durant

Theres a series Ive been looking for but no one seems to be fansubbing it. Its called VIE Durant and the art and the plot look really good. It was aired on a japanese website, not TV for 7 or 8 episoddes. Does anyone know anything about where i might be able to get it?
Old 2004-11-15, 04:59   Link #96
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

One show that hasn't been subbed this season is Ryusei Sentai Musumet, here's my review (originally thought I might sub an episode just for fun, but it's so bad I couldn't bring myself to it)
This anime is terrible. I've seen about 3 episodes of it and there is almost nothing good to say. Overall, the show has a plot that might appeal to 6 year old girls, with an ecchi character style that is trying to get teenage boys to like it too, and the combination ends up failing miserably. The three sisters form "Musumetto", a color coded sentai squad of as of yet unexplained origin. Each color sister has the obvious, completely stereotyped personality: there's even a hyper annoying character who does nothing but whine!
The only thing about this show that was amusing so far is the rival to the red sister, a blond foreign girl who loves to speak in half Engrish and is very competitive.
I was wondering why no one was fansubbing this show so I downloaded some raws. Now I know.
No value. Whatsoever. Oh, and I should also mention that after each episode you get a live action interview session with the three voice actresses that play the sisters! And they talk as if the show is great. Really, as far as I can tell this show's audience is supposed to be super otaku fanboys who will watch anything with girls and superpowers.

Please, to any fansub group thinking of subbing this series: Don't.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-11-15, 20:00   Link #97
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Question Anyone doing Air?

I just looked on the Air page at bs-i (here) and found this:
1週目:
文化放送 11月 2日 ( 火 ) 25:00~
BSQR 11月 5日 ( 金 ) 21:00~

2週目:
文化放送 11月 9日 ( 火 ) 25:00~
BSQR 11月 12日 ( 金 ) 21:00~

Looks like the first two episodes of Air already aired.
Looking at the torrent page (here, I only find trailer and promo, so I wanted to ask if any of you guys are working on this series?
Old 2004-11-15, 20:29   Link #98
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Where ever did you get that ?

They stated explicitly that the real thing starts on the first week of January.

TBS系BSデジタル局BS-i にて2005年1月6日( 木 ) 24 時 30 分放送開始!
Old 2004-11-15, 20:40   Link #99
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
1週目:
文化放送 11月 2日 ( 火 ) 25:00~
BSQR 11月 5日 ( 金 ) 21:00~

2週目:
文化放送 11月 9日 ( 火 ) 25:00~
BSQR 11月 12日 ( 金 ) 21:00~
Nah it seems like that schedule is for some kind of radio program.
Old 2004-11-15, 20:41   Link #100
TronDD
Team the box!

I think BSQR is a radio station. Don't know exactly what they aired, though. Are there AIR dramas?
Closed Thread