Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 14:46   Link #301
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofski View Post
It still doesn't make any sense! What do you mean "then he wished to die happy"?!!! If they could just wish for anything/change their wish then everyone would just wish to be able to die again instead of turning into zombies!!!
I don't know about the LN, but in the anime his death was just a nonsense piece of c***.
It does make sense. He was immortal because he didn't want to die until he reached happiness and left behind people who would mourn for him. His wish was granted in this episode so his immortality was lifted and he finally died. Why were only his wishes granted? We don't know. I assume this will be answered later on. Maybe he had a special connection with God or something.
Old 2013-07-21, 15:45   Link #302
Shadow5YA

It looks like they censored Humpnie's torture. When he was kidnapped, I think his left eye was supposed to be missing as shown by the blood coming out of his left socket. However, when he opened his left eyelid it was perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
And not a single sense was made that day. Not a single one.

So now begins season two of Kamisama no Inai! The Honestly, I'm having a hard time coming up with a concrete opinion. Suffice to say, I'm horribly disappointed at how they wasted Humpnie's character. Apparently Ai is a badass now too, I guess because she's a gravekeeper or something? It's hard to say, because they spent most of their time setting us up for long-term Humpnie and then killed him off just because.
I have a feeling Humpnie was a major character... for one story arc. It was probably at least one light novel volume, but the anime rushed the intro arc in order to get the rest of the cast as seen in the OP.

I think it's very telling how the anime is rushed with all the comments in this thread asking why Ai was so quick to follow Humpnie so soon, when it took her the entire day to meet Humpnie, discover everyone in her village was dead except for one person, witness Humpnie shoot that person, then try to fight Humpnie, and bury the villagers one by one.

The confrontation with Julie took quite a few hours as well, since they didn't fight immediately and agreed to have a showdown later.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-07-21 at 15:59.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:53   Link #303
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Episode 3

Why the hell did they do that?...
Because the author is a horrible troll.

Quote:
Who is Chiibi going to ship now?
It was a terrible blow for me....when I learned the truth from manga/light novels on Tuesday. Took me like three days to get over it.

But apparently Ai is going to meet more gorgeous boys soon enough. And ones she is not related to.

Quote:
This is so stupid.. Let's kill our best character and let's make the annoying little girl the main character. Dropped.
Oh come on, REALLY!?
Kizuna (gawd, that name is way better XD) might be my favorite chara but Ai IS NOT ANNOYING!

Quote:
My question, too. I am not yet convinced he is gone for good.
Same. ;_;
...............I'd like to know what happens if a gravekeeper UNburies someone?
Would he come back to life?

Quote:
His wish was granted in this episode so his immortality was lifted and he finally died.
I don't think it worked like that. What happened was, he died, he woke up again, had fun times with Ai, and then got into the casket some days later. Since gravekeepers can lay to rest even the undead, they can probably do it for an immortal as well.

IT STILL SUCKS!! WHY CAN'T YOU LIVE FOR YOUR KID!!? DON'T BE SELFISH, KIZUNA!
Old 2013-07-21, 16:00   Link #304
askara

wow i am really surprise Humpnie suddenly died without explanation, i dont know if info is messing from novel but i mean he is immortal but he suddenly turned into mortal after meeting his daughter?what?and from what i can see he didnt even have any fatal wound. even if he will slowly turn into zombie he could atleast live with her a week, a month or a year.

Well bottom line is the anime skip way to many stuff and left the story broken and full of holes, i mean what happen with the village?why Hana/Alfa left?why he kill Yuri's wife? and lol at the entrance/end of the 7 badass that died within 5 min of appearance<--whats with that? just use 1 or 2 psycho but no let introduce 7 of them to get their ass whop.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 16:01   Link #305
Dark Wing

Well I don't think I'm going to be spoiling anything by saying this but after comparing the first arc adapted from the anime and manga. It would seem that the anime did indeed have this arc on fast forward.
Old 2013-07-21, 16:23   Link #306
Kirarakim

Well it looks like waiting for the CR version of this episode I definitely spoiled myself.

Guess I was wrong about Hampnie being the secondary main character. At least from what I can gather from various comments on this thread.
Old 2013-07-21, 16:26   Link #307
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Ai is literally a Nephilim. If you interpret the Gravekeepers as "Daughters of God", then Ai is literally the product of a genderswapped "sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful" relationship.

Sounds like a job for the Winchesters.
Old 2013-07-21, 16:36   Link #308
Tenzen12

HH wished to die with family so I guess "God" provided him with one.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 16:43   Link #309
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Because the author is a horrible troll.
No, no, he's not a troll. His writing is decent and the way he wraps volume 1 up is very emotionally satisfying (albeit gut-wrenching). As to why you feel being trolled, it's because the adaptation rushed things out and didn't give us enough time to fully understand Humpnie's character and the underlying message he left behind. Oh, and probably because he appears on the OP and the show's advertisements very often that set some people into thinking that he's the lead character (while in fact he isn't)

If you want to blame someone, it's the studio that adapting it

Last edited by backbone; 2013-07-21 at 16:52. Reason: Well, my bad english kicked in again. Dammit!
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 17:59   Link #310
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Oh, and probably because he appears on the OP and the show's advertisements very often that set some people into thinking that he's the lead character (while in fact he isn't)

If you want to blame someone, it's the studio that adapting it
For me it was a few reasons

1) As you said he appeared prominently in the opening
2) His interaction with Ai felt like something that would continue in future episodes
3) ANN lists him as the second character after Ai.

I guess all of this was circumstantial evidence but the series had me fooled for sure.
Old 2013-07-21, 18:12   Link #311
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
IT STILL SUCKS!! WHY CAN'T YOU LIVE FOR YOUR KID!!? DON'T BE SELFISH, KIZUNA!
This is more or less what I thought.

No matter how you look at it, this event completely ignores the fact that he found happiness. That doesn't mean that he gets to die. It means that he's a father now and he should, you know, take care of his kid. Not go and be with his wife. No matter how sweet or sad it is, it's still selfish and immoral. For someone who is supposed to be so dependable and have such a sense of justice, I would say it's borderline out of character.
Old 2013-07-21, 20:06   Link #312
Shadow5YA

Quote:
For someone who is supposed to be so dependable and have such a sense of justice, I would say it's borderline out of character.
How so? Kizuna has stated multiple times that it's not acceptable for a dead man to be living. Continuing to "live" as a zombie would actually make him a hypocrite.
Old 2013-07-21, 20:14   Link #313
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
For me it was a few reasons

1) As you said he appeared prominently in the opening
2) His interaction with Ai felt like something that would continue in future episodes
3) ANN lists him as the second character after Ai.

I guess all of this was circumstantial evidence but the series had me fooled for sure.

Not just you, I was also looking forward to more episodes with HH. He was honestly the reason I was looking forward to this show/watching it. Now it's like do I even want to bother?! I'll probably keep going, but man I wanted to cry.

Quote:

No matter how you look at it, this event completely ignores the fact that he found happiness. That doesn't mean that he gets to die. It means that he's a father now and he should, you know, take care of his kid. Not go and be with his wife. No matter how sweet or sad it is, it's still selfish and immoral. For someone who is supposed to be so dependable and have such a sense of justice, I would say it's borderline out of character.

Actually considering how much he disliked the undead, and the lengths he went through to make sure they got their true second death, it would have been more out of character for him to stay undead for longer then he did.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 20:28   Link #314
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
How so? Kizuna has stated multiple times that it's not acceptable for a dead man to be living. Continuing to "live" as a zombie would actually make him a hypocrite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Actually considering how much he disliked the undead, and the lengths he went through to make sure they got their true second death, it would have been more out of character for him to stay undead for longer then he did.
Perhaps I'm confused, but was he really undead or had he merely just come back to life?

Regardless, such things are at the discretion of the author, and not God as implied. It was the choice of the author to turn Humpnie Humpbert into an undead, rather than him simply coming back to life. There was no predetermined rule being followed here. It was entirely a matter of choice.

Going by the given though, that he should die because he found happiness, isn't it a bit unusual to find happiness in abandoning your loved ones? If it were me, I would be happy, but I would be even happier to take the role of adventuring with my wonderful gravekeeper daughter, rather than her putting me in the ground.

It is what it is though. I think it's a bit of a cop out for the character. I suspect it's probably written better in the novel as well. It's still a bit wasteful to get rid of him in such a way, though.

Incidentally I found it very humorous when I looked at the page for this anime on MAL and saw HH listed as a main character.
Old 2013-07-21, 20:34   Link #315
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Perhaps I'm confused, but was he really undead or had he merely just come back to life?

Regardless, such things are at the discretion of the author, and not God as implied. It was the choice of the author to turn Humpnie Humpbert into an undead, rather than him simply coming back to life. There was no predetermined rule being followed here. It was entirely a matter of choice.

Going by the given though, that he should die because he found happiness, isn't it a bit unusual to find happiness in abandoning your loved ones? If it were me, I would be happy, but I would be even happier to take the role of adventuring with my wonderful gravekeeper daughter, rather than her putting me in the ground.

Incidentally I found it very humorous when I looked at the page for this anime on MAL and saw HH listed as a main character.
It was explicitly stated that he came back dead. Unlike when he was immortal, his wounds did not regenerate.

And the implication of his wish was that he wanted a normal human life which by definition is fleeting and finite. It was not his choice to actually die that time. Had he survived, he may have followed his daughter. Continuing even after death however goes against his principles.
Old 2013-07-21, 20:59   Link #316
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Got to say Scar knows how to make an entrance
Old 2013-07-21, 23:11   Link #317
Dr. Casey

I haven't been converted to being a lolicon, but I must say that Ai's pretty sexy in that black leather jacket Julie gave her.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 00:39   Link #318
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Watched the third episode and so it was tear jeaking. Did not expect Humpnie's journey to end so quickly, but, oh well, just like Hana he too will probably serve as Ai's source of strength. WHY DO COOL GUYS DIE MOST OF THE TIME? Young bishies and bitches are going to be served next episode.
Old 2013-07-22, 03:48   Link #319
eduard3

Quote:

And then you realize they have a crazy gravekeeper right beside them. She's TOTALLY gonna let him slip away.

For clarification, he really died that time. He was no longer "immortal"
Previously, if he dies, he reverts back to his prime state after a short time.
In the end, you see he is quite pale (loss of blood?) and the wound didn't heal. He's dead and just waiting to be buried to truly "die". The way I saw it, he probably asked Scar to let him go for one day. This is already a big lee-way as he is not only asking a gravekeeper to feign ignorance to her sole reason for existence but he's going against his own life's belief.

Overall the arc was there to show us the irony in the story. We have Kizuna who hates the living dead because they selfishly cling on to a life they should no longer possess. But in the end, he himself wants to cling to his immortality, for he finally found a reason to do so. How did he die? The world is fucked up, god was "abandoned" the world. His strong emotions may have been what kept him alive, he's like an earth-bound spirit that is rooted because of regrets.

Edit: I'm no light novel reader but..it was also mentioned those who "died" start to lose it and just end up wanting to survive any way they can. Another possible view on Kizuna asking to be buried is that once he reaches the state that he'd do anything to live, he might kill his own daughter for being one of those capable to put an end to him.
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 04:26   Link #320
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduard3 View Post
*snip*
You've quoted an old post of mine, but my feelings remain the same:

After all these replies, I'm just going to make the safe assumption that nobody actually bothers to read all of my posts, and you all just respond to whatever part you agree or disagree with at your leisure. I write quite lengthy posts, so I don't blame you all, but I don't write all those paragraphs for show. Sometimes they have important information. After all, I already knew all of this before I had not just you but others as well regurgitating that same information back at me. Hint: Something something author's choices something something already said all this before anyhow.

At any rate, I'm really curious to see if Ai's being a badass is just a one-off device or if they'll continue to have her be martially capable because reasons. Maybe she'll grow up to be as amazing as Scar one day? Ah, how nice that would be.

Tags
fantasy