AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-07, 10:55   Link #101
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Enjoyed the first epi, kinda sad the hot vampire voiced by Takahiro Sakurai died, I was all in when they showed him

Figured the kids were done for as the summary on ANN basically spoils it.

Definitely watching more.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 13:47   Link #102
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Enjoyed the first epi, kinda sad the hot vampire voiced by Takahiro Sakurai died, I was all in when they showed him
I have a feeling he'll be back. I hope these vampires are harder to kill than that. Though, then again, Takahiro Sakurai has played quite a few one-and-done characters as of late too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 16:18   Link #103
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ok since I apparently epicly missed that character walking at the top of the vampire crowd in EP1, and thus had to look it up after getting a bad feeling when hearing 'Tepes' again...

If you know the source materials please answer this just with yes/no and no spoilers.
So before I got to drop it mid season like that other anime...

Is this safe to watch, in the sense of questionable scenes with above mentioned vampire?
I don't really want to half a season of an anime again just to drop it like dance in the vampire bund

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 16:45   Link #104
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Is this safe to watch, in the sense of questionable scenes with above mentioned vampire?
I don't really want to half a season of an anime again just to drop it like dance in the vampire bund
yes, safe, even if i don't really know for comparison what kind of questionable was on dance in the vampire bund
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 17:05   Link #105
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
And yeah Yu is so annoying like Eren... he's one of the main reasons why I don't like the manga that much...
Don't scare me, is he on Eren levels?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 17:14   Link #106
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
yes, safe, even if i don't really know for comparison what kind of questionable was on dance in the vampire bund
Can't say too muc about it due to the spoiler rules. :/ - I can PM it to you if you really want to know though.

Otherwise lets just say there was a scene that could easily make people feel extremely unconfortable and awkward, and included a vampire queen named' Tepes' + a less... anime like? coloring style.

^
Only anime I ever dropped past having seen EP 3

But yeah as long as there is no strange stuff with the Vampire queen in Owari no Seraph shown I can deal with it.
Was afraid I had to drop this one too

Thanks for answering.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-04-07 at 17:56.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 23:39   Link #107
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Actually, from what I've read from others who have read the manga, they say that Yuu's character was scaled back a lot from the original material.

I won't deny that he is like Eren to a degree. I happen to like Eren a lot, so that's not a problem for me, but I also can't say he's as extreme as Eren either. He doesn't like to passively accept anything and wants to fight back, and can act a bit sullen and stubborn at times, but when he realizes what Mikaela did for their family unit, he's apologetic.

I would say, that he's kind of "Eren lite" if that makes any sense, at least in the anime so far.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-04-08, 00:05   Link #108
MartianMage

Quote:
Loads of annoying antics from him especially near the start of the series. No idea if they will tone it down in the anime but really... Yu makes me facepalm a lot <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 00:30   Link #109
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Loads of annoying antics from him especially near the start of the series. No idea if they will tone it down in the anime but really... Yu makes me facepalm a lot <_<
He's not that annoying. Sure he's very rash and impulsive at the beginning, but I'd say he's mellowed out quite a bit throughout the manga.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 00:34   Link #110
Irenesharda

Quote:
I would really suggest you see at least the first few episodes to see if you like Yuu. You, yourself, are a better judge of if you like or can stand his character. I don't find him annoying, and while I liked Eren, there were a few times I thought he was annoying a little. But like I said, you can judge best.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-04-08, 00:37   Link #111
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
He's not that annoying. Sure he's very rash and impulsive at the beginning, but I'd say he's mellowed out quite a bit throughout the manga.
I'll leave that to Arya to decide since he's the one asking but IMO he is. =/
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-04-08, 00:37   Link #112
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I have a feeling he'll be back. I hope these vampires are harder to kill than that. Though, then again, Takahiro Sakurai has played quite a few one-and-done characters as of late too.
Thought the only way to kill vampires was to behead a vampire or to stab a cross through their heart or something? at least thats the typical vampire weakness (and maybe onions! would've been great if the curry could've hurt the vampire!)
Old 2015-04-08, 02:07   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Actually, from what I've read from others who have read the manga, they say that Yuu's character was scaled back a lot from the original material.

I won't deny that he is like Eren to a degree. I happen to like Eren a lot, so that's not a problem for me, but I also can't say he's as extreme as Eren either. He doesn't like to passively accept anything and wants to fight back, and can act a bit sullen and stubborn at times, but when he realizes what Mikaela did for their family unit, he's apologetic.

I would say, that he's kind of "Eren lite" if that makes any sense, at least in the anime so far.
I don't know. Eren lived in a world where some people were fighting back. And he was pissed that they were mocked for it.

Yuu is, as far as he knows, the only one to even dare talking. And he does it while right under the thumb of the vampires.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 03:06   Link #114
Arya

Quote:

Well, I was waiting to say anything since so far in the anime he was 12yo, so it was understandable to act immaturely, even Eren-ly; the problem could rise if he would still be acting like that even after 4 years and after that tragedy that hit him and along the series.

Quote:
For me it is important to somehow adjust my expectations. So hopefully lowering them in advance will prevent me to complain later.
And to be accurate, Eren character had several aspects I hated that mixed all together made him really intolerable for me. But he had one and only awesome saving grace.
I hope at least that Yuu won't be incompetent
Spoiler for mild comparison to AoT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yuu is, as far as he knows, the only one to even dare talking. And he does it while right under the thumb of the vampires.
He was 12yo back then and the lesson should have been clear. Now I'm curious to see if it has been at least to a certain degree.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-04-08, 04:15   Link #115
MartianMage

hahaha well you will see soon
Old 2015-04-08, 05:14   Link #116
Arya

Quote:
hahaha well you will see soon
If previosly I've been moderately joking, now I'm starting to be truly scared

No, seriously, what I was trying to say is that I don't think they will be able to mix ALL that aspects together again. So it should be fine more or less **.

Old 2015-04-08, 05:41   Link #117
bastek66

Can't wait for Shinoa. Character like her would make shows like Ao no Exorcist and protagonists like Eren a better.
Old 2015-04-08, 07:35   Link #118
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Can't wait for Shinoa. Character like her would make shows like Ao no Exorcist and protagonists like Eren a better.
Quote:
[...] So it should be fine more or less **.
The asterisks were exactly about that. Usually with this kind of characters they usually add some strong and interesting characters to balance, like Mikasa and Levi, or Yuno in case of Yukki from Mirai Nikki.
So that was to say I'm looking forward to see if this show will have some strong female character or what, and so have a better idea of it.

Old 2015-04-08, 08:56   Link #119
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

So I finally watched the episode.

As an anime watcher:

Not too bad, but overall the first episode was kind of boring until the end. Yuu is annoying, as you'd expect a bratty kid to be. Nice animation and a decent soundtrack. There's a lot of violence but it's censored in a good way considering children are dying. Take note anime makers: this is preferable to giant white or black spots taking up most of the screen. That ending scene was just....stupid. Even without my bias as a manga reader, there was such a rapid shift from escape to "rescue", complete with a seemingly random time skip, that I suffered from mood whiplash.

As a manga reader:

Spoiler for Basic comparisons, no plot spoilers.:

Last edited by Solace; 2015-04-08 at 09:17. Reason: Added tag by request.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 14:48   Link #120
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah gawd... everyone just... POOF! DIED! T___T
even the sweet girl, Akane was slashed like a bug
all the kids were munched... blood splatters... and a true bro, Mikaela got an undeserved death

Yuu might be stubborn but he is not in Eren level yet
I like his character and I think we need this kind of fearless-stubborn character to fight with a stronger entities

I hope Yuu would find happiness later T__T
instant follow for this anime
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shonen, vampire