AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 03:29   Link #721
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
This is a brief summary for the 10th vol.
This book concludes the Ente.Isla Arc.
There are 4 major situation in this book:
Spoiler for light spoiler:
This is the summary of what happened until the end...
Spoiler for heavy spoiler:

Epilogue...
Spoiler for epilogue:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 03:34   Link #722
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
This is the summary of what happened until the end...
Spoiler for heavy spoiler:

Epilogue...
Spoiler for epilogue:
Thanks for the rest of the spoilers. Seems like everything came together and it was truly the end of the current arc. I'm curious about what Amane will reveal and how it ties into the next arc.

...when does the next book even come out?

EDIT: Almost forgot. According to the thread for the anime version there will be some sort of fan event on the 15th. Perhaps we will get some news about the next book and a potential season 2.

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2013-12-12 at 04:13.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 04:46   Link #723
nhormight

need some picture from last volume Y_Y
nhormight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 05:03   Link #724
NeutralZero

Spoiler for reaction to maou at the current spoiler:
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 08:34   Link #725
Breimoon

thanks for summary
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 00:15   Link #726
Used Can

Quote:
- Maou and ashes both regain their power and overwhelm 3 angel at once. but because he is so full of himself this time there's a funny event happened after that. (the demon lord using a holy sword. This is completly over powered for sure)[/SPOILER]
Spoiler for Volume 10:
Old 2013-12-13, 01:14   Link #727
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for Volume 10:
somebody in japanese blog reviewed and summarized the 10'th novel. If you can translate this maybe you will understand what happened.

Spoiler for from japan blog:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 03:43   Link #728
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Finished vol.10, things truly is getting interesting. The super villain finally showed himself, even his presence didn't last very long before the horrifying MikiT.

And MikiT is truly a scary being, with incomparable, unparalleled ugliness. It took half a page of text just to describe how terrifying she looks. Even the master of the heaven backed off before her. How did these people can look at her without going insane???

I wonder what well become of Alsiel too. The Blue Emperor (the ruler of the eastern continent) is seriously considering to let Alsiel be his successor.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 06:04   Link #729
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Finished vol.10, things truly is getting interesting. The super villain finally showed himself, even his presence didn't last very long before the horrifying MikiT.

And MikiT is truly a scary being, with incomparable, unparalleled ugliness. It took half a page of text just to describe how terrifying she looks. Even the master of the heaven backed off before her. How did these people can look at her without going insane???

I wonder what well become of Alsiel too. The Blue Emperor (the ruler of the eastern continent) is seriously considering to let Alsiel be his successor.
Sound like MikiT is some kind of Lovecraft deities like Cthulhu or Nyarlathotep.

Last edited by Fwarlord; 2013-12-14 at 07:44.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 06:55   Link #730
Breimoon

i am gonna bet on Nyarlathotep
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 08:56   Link #731
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

A human emperor is considering Alsiel, a demon, as a successor?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 15:22   Link #732
Shadow5YA

Seeing Emi reduced to this is just beyond sad. Isn't she supposed to be a hero? I swear she has been a damsel in distress more often than she has been a competent fighter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 17:27   Link #733
Used Can

Well, she's always been more of a gag character and a love comedy heroine than an actual hero - even if the premise is she was/is one.

I did expect her to grow past her issues with Maou and act like a hero should, but though she has indeed developed to overcome her initial issues with Maou she hasn't acted like a proper hero, which makes me think the author just wants to keep her as a gag character and a love interest, while Maou does all the heroic stuff on his own.
Old 2013-12-14, 18:16   Link #734
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
Eventually is bounded to be a gag where Emi saves the world like is no thing, leaving Maou dumbfounded since he couldn't do it, probably for an anti-climax ultra builded upon battle.

And reading the spoilers, apparently Miki-T is something even Lovecratft wouldn't touch.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 19:20   Link #735
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Emi actually grew up somewhat in this volume, just not in the direction we expected.

She finally became true to herself, admitting she was never fighting for the humanity or peace. She has always been fighting for herself only. She is doing this only because she wants her father and their wheat farm back.
Old 2013-12-15, 04:09   Link #736
Used Can

I think that is really sad, because it discredits Emilia as a hero and leaves her as yet another haremette (considering we just found out in the previous volume that Suzuno is also in love with Maou).

Though it's obvious that what set her off to become the Hero was her desire for revenge, that seemed over the moment she gave Maou a chance to live in peace on Earth back in volume 1. That action seemed befitting of a hero, considering she was considering humanity's best interests before her own desire for vendetta, since Maou would have remained on another world leading a peaceful life and Ente Isla would have been safe for humans again.

I suppose that, from a writing standpoint, the author did this to give Emi an excuse to join Maou, but I think that's shitty writing considering Emilia didn't need that, given how her character had been established.
Old 2013-12-15, 04:18   Link #737
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

looks like we are seeing another side of emi this time

maou is becoming op iwant to see him struggle in intense battles
Old 2013-12-15, 04:42   Link #738
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think that is really sad, because it discredits Emilia as a hero and leaves her as yet another haremette (considering we just found out in the previous volume that Suzuno is also in love with Maou).

Though it's obvious that what set her off to become the Hero was her desire for revenge, that seemed over the moment she gave Maou a chance to live in peace on Earth back in volume 1. That action seemed befitting of a hero, considering she was considering humanity's best interests before her own desire for vendetta, since Maou would have remained on another world leading a peaceful life and Ente Isla would have been safe for humans again.

I suppose that, from a writing standpoint, the author did this to give Emi an excuse to join Maou, but I think that's shitty writing considering Emilia didn't need that, given how her character had been established.
To be honest, I always find the hero concept of everything, from fictions to real life, bullshit.
There is no hero, only different perspective made up what is called hero.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 05:01   Link #739
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I share same worry that Emi is going to get reduced to a haremette after this. But I would not say this is shitty writing. Her transition of character is reasonable from the current development. Due Orba's use of hostage, Emilia has been driven to the point that she can no longer maintain her identity as a hero. And for the first time of her life, she was struck with the realization on how weak she really is and how thin her motives are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
looks like we are seeing another side of emi this time

maou is becoming op iwant to see him struggle in intense battles
You mean driving into a large army with scooters like a CLASSICAL BO-SO-ZOKU?
Old 2013-12-15, 05:14   Link #740
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
To be honest, I always find the hero concept of everything, from fictions to real life, bullshit.
There is no hero, only different perspective made up what is called hero.
Sure, but we're not talking about real life here, but about fantasy. And this is the type of fantasy that follows the Hero and Demon Lord gimmick.
Emilia could have been developed into a good hero, but the author has decided to keep her as a gag character who seems unable to accomplish anything on her own instead.

Quote:
Due Orba's use of hostage, Emilia has been driven to the point that she can no longer maintain her identity as a hero. And for the first time of her life, she was struck with the realization on how weak she really is and how thin her motives are.
But the whole development was precisely to achieve this.
And even then her predicament when she was blackmailed by Orba doesn't make her any less of a hero, since she is still human and any other person would have found himself in the same position.

This is why I'm saying this is shitty writing, since the whole approach could have been different.

Quote:
You mean driving into a large army with scooters like a CLASSICAL BO-SO-ZOKU?
What's the BO-SO-ZOKU joke I keep seeing around?

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance