Bad 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-03, 18:36   Link #81
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Little up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone on myAnimeList:
well, if nothing else, the bad raw will let the subbers start on the translation. that way when a decent raw shows up, they'll be able to move straight to encoding (or w/e the next step is).
So, what's going on? :P
Jill-Jênn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 17:27   Link #82
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
All of you are blind, there is definitely a DVD rip out there. This needs to get subbed. I went on #gg for a little bit, asked around, then they got angry, so I left.
Old 2009-11-04, 17:51   Link #83
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Wasn't it a Korean convention leak?
Someone told me gg was subbing it, I went on #gg too and they told me they didn't know xD
Old 2009-11-04, 18:33   Link #84
ZODDGUTS

I think the leaked may have been a DVD screening for reviewers there's been leaks because of that.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 10:39   Link #85
Ottocycle

For Singaporean Animesuki users: Summer Wars will be airing in Cathay Cineplexes exclusively starting from Feb 25, 2010. This was announced on a movie trailer for it at AFA'09.

I believe Tokikake was successful enough back then for Innoform Media and Cathay to do it again. Absolutely awesome.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 19:45   Link #86
Fatuous One
Bunny Girl

A fansub for this got released yesterday. Torrents are floating around for it now, but it's an .ass file so it's up on some hosting sites too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jjwmjouhhoj
Fatuous One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 23:02   Link #87
ZODDGUTS

Summer Wars has done well in the box office in Japan it's made at least over 17 million. Which is pretty good especially compared to Tokikane which made just 3 million, though that movie had a limited release in Japan.

http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/...9&wk=40&p=.htm

It only goes up to Oct 4th and Summer Wars has hold steady in 12th place, by now it should have made over 19 million maybe even 20 million.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2009-11-24 at 04:52.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 23:29   Link #88
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatuous One View Post
A fansub for this got released yesterday. Torrents are floating around for it now, but it's an .ass file so it's up on some hosting sites too.
This seems to be timed to the Raw with the Hardsubbed Korean subs. English on top of Korean... yeesh (not that the other way around would be any better). Has anyone tried it with the "raw" out there that does not seem to have any subs? Timing close?
Old 2009-11-23, 23:56   Link #89
Fatuous One
Bunny Girl

There is no raw. All the torrents floating around for it are just the Korean hardsubs, they just aren't all marked as such.

The DVD release hasn't even been announced yet to my knowledge, it's just that there was a leak from Korean. If you're planning on waiting on some better quality video, it'll be a while.
Old 2009-11-24, 03:55   Link #90
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

A visualized imagination of an internet phenomenon? I must say, it was very well done. Sure, its a bit predictable overall, but the impact is still there. I think a shed a tear when that one german boy gave up his account, just to name one example. There's some boring parts here and there, but it kept me to the edge of my seat, for the most part.

The synopsis though is highly misleading, particularly about the 'parallel world' part. It's just the internet lol. XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:14   Link #91
Fatuous One
Bunny Girl

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that synopsis didn't understand a word of Japanese and was just making up from what s/he thought was going on.

Or was just trolling.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:30   Link #92
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

From anidb...
Quote:
It’s summer and Kenji, who works as a computer technician for the virtual world of Oz (imagine facebook a handful of decades in the future), is invited by the most popular girl at his high school to her expansive family’s home. In the middle of their vacation, a hacker infiltrates the network and takes control of Oz, plunging humanity into absolute chaos. Hosoda Mamoru continues where Miyazaki Hayao leaves off in this film loaded with action and emotion that combines beautiful tradition and humor with one of the season’s most imaginative creations: the luminous world of Oz. Virtual rabbit-like heroes take on monstrous shadows in this indisputable summit of anime.
Old 2009-11-25, 09:54   Link #93
E_I
Yuri fan

Subs are out.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:01   Link #94
aorta

Spoiler for trivia:
Old 2009-11-25, 17:36   Link #95
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Subs are out.
Yea by 719x .. Sad that the V1 goes out of sync after a bit at the start when the '' battle '' starts out in Oz. V2 on it's way ... I hope it gets out soon.
Old 2009-11-25, 17:41   Link #96
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Is it easily “resynchronizable”? ^^'
Old 2009-11-25, 17:53   Link #97
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

This really does look good and the plot sounds great, I hope Nanami and Kenjj fall for each other.

Hope they make a TV series.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 17:59   Link #98
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Didn't really investigate about resynching as I can't find out how to do that with MPC because the Subtitles option is always greyed out even though it plays .ass files just fine.

I'll just wait for V2.. The website says it's almost done and it was posted today so probably in couple days we'll get V2.

Edit : V2 is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
This really does look good and the plot sounds great, I hope Nanami and Kenjj fall for each other.

Hope they make a TV series.
Name one anime movie that was produced into anime adaptation afterwards. I can't think of any. Usually it's Anime series => Anime Movie, but not other way around, and it's very unlikely that there will be TV series out of this. In fact, I'm sure there won't.

Last edited by Dist; 2009-11-25 at 18:21.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 20:09   Link #99
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Name one anime movie that was produced into anime adaptation afterwards. I can't think of any. Usually it's Anime series => Anime Movie, but not other way around, and it's very unlikely that there will be TV series out of this. In fact, I'm sure there won't.
Well, there was Toei's Kanon before KyoAni did the series, and I believe the same for Clannad.

Not sure if that exactly proves or disproves your point though.
Old 2009-11-25, 22:32   Link #100
Fatuous One
Bunny Girl

Quote:
Well, there was Toei's Kanon before KyoAni did the series, and I believe the same for Clannad.

Not sure if that exactly proves or disproves your point though.
Toei just did a TV series, and then KyoAni made a remake TV series. There hasn't been a movie for either Kanon or Clannad.

But for a movie to TV series, there's Blood: The Last Vampire.

Last edited by Fatuous One; 2009-11-25 at 22:33. Reason: rewording~