AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-12-21, 12:40   Link #741
RDNexus

it seems ep12 will restart the real action of the novels, finally! haha!

now we have to wait 2 long (short, lol) weeks to get more of it...

now i wonder... will the anime get to where is the novels right now?
i think it will go as far as vol14...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 13:59   Link #742
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
it seems ep12 will restart the real action of the novels, finally! haha!

now we have to wait 2 long (short, lol) weeks to get more of it...

now i wonder... will the anime get to where is the novels right now?
i think it will go as far as vol14...
I'm starting to think J.C. Staff won't do Sarei no Hebi...
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:40   Link #743
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Anyone know what the background story is to Pheles before Johan and the Reiji Maigo?

I wonder what made her do a 180 or how Johan influenced her to do a 180 that she created the Reiji Maigo.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 18:43   Link #744
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I'm starting to think J.C. Staff won't do Sarei no Hebi...
i hope SnS II wont compose of the sairei no hebi but rather, end with its introduction, a premonition perhaps of a possible end to the series. i believe that once the sairei no hebi arc begins, the closer this anime would go to an end TT_TT
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:22   Link #745
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
No way Konoe is Pheles in disguise. I'd like to say they're at least representing the Evil Council, since other than that they've done absolutely nothing this season besides repair their floating castle of doom and issue cryptic remarks. Which makes me wonder when they actually do anything that's in the novels, since last season's finale was anime-original, right?
KaneDragon asked about this. In the novels, during Pheles arc, what have Bal Masque done at this point? Do they take any action?
Old 2007-12-23, 07:46   Link #746
RDNexus

Good to see u guys so deep in the matter, that is something that also bugs me...

But there's another reason for me being here today...

As I know, some of u hv been reading the novels, right? And I don't know of a better place to put this topic...

I would like to ask all of u if u know the structure of a light novel (sentences, character/place presentation/description, dialogues, paragraphs, illustrations, chapter divisions, etc...), as I'm trying to write a story in light novels and I would like to hv it more similar to those of Shakugan no Shana and others...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 08:18   Link #747
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Some interesting observation to share with you guys.

In almost every volume of the novel, Takahashi has almost the exact same format for his "Author's Notes" so that he doesn't have to lose sleep thinking what to write for every new volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Author's Notes format
1st paragraph:
To new readers, nice to meet you.
To old readers, long time no see.
This is Takahashi Yashiro.
I'm glad to be able to see you guys.

2nd paragraph: Briefly describes the main theme of the volume.

3rd paragraph: Thanks the editor Miki for his work in editing the volume. First he praises Miki, but then slowly begins to describe how "exciting" it is to debate on the editing of some of the details. (Not mentioned in order to save time). <--- Always ends with this bracket.

4th paragraph: Thanks illustrator Ito Noiji for her hard work.

5th paragraph: Thanks the readers for their letters. He usually uses aliases, like T-Hashi from Tokyo, K-Moto from Hiroshima, S-Gami from Saitama, etc.

6th paragraph: Describes his nonsensical daily life. Then concludes with "I made that all up." lol

7th paragraph: Expresses relief that he's finally found enough words to fill up two pages worth of "Author's Notes", and hopes to see the reader again.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 08:43   Link #748
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
KaneDragon asked about this. In the novels, during Pheles arc, what have Bal Masque done at this point? Do they take any action?
nothing at this moment, but after the real pheles appears hecate came to reseal silver into the reiji maigo and tried to kill yuji
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 09:37   Link #749
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
nothing at this moment, but after the real pheles appears hecate came to reseal silver into the reiji maigo and tried to kill yuji
hmmmmmmmmm...they could intergrate Konoe into that, and make an anime original ending, I guess that couldbe their plan...
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 10:33   Link #750
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Anyone know what the background story is to Pheles before Johan and the Reiji Maigo?

I wonder what made her do a 180 or how Johan influenced her to do a 180 that she created the Reiji Maigo.

pheles was a playful guze no ou. she helped johan's father to gain fortunes and fame. after he got old she killed him and took his baby son(johan), she was intersted in what johan would become if she fulfill every wish of his. as johan grew up she gave him everything, but it didn't corrupt the good heart of johan. then one night johan ask for one thing she was afraid to give - herself. well after that they became a couple and made the reiji maigo.
Old 2007-12-23, 10:39   Link #751
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
and make an anime original ending, I guess that couldbe their plan...
unlikely, judging from the opening i think the anime would go futher than that(probaly end with vol 14), but they could intergrate Konoe into the story though.
Old 2007-12-23, 11:44   Link #752
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
pheles was a playful guze no ou. she helped johan's father to gain fortunes and fame. after he got old she killed him and took his baby son(johan), she was intersted in what johan would become if she fulfill every wish of his. as johan grew up she gave him everything, but it didn't corrupt the good heart of johan. then one night johan ask for one thing she was afraid to give - herself. well after that they became a couple and made the reiji maigo.
Well, I'll be damned...

Sounds like Pheles lives up to being somewhat like Mephistopheles in Faustus with the exception of the playful trait and the cradle robbing part. Johan's father seemed to have met the same fate as Faust himself, dealing with the demon... or in this case, a Guze Queen. Pheles also killed Johan's mother as well?
Old 2007-12-23, 11:55   Link #753
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Wait so she gave Johan whatever he wanted, and he ended up falling in love with her, did she love him when he asked for her. .....also when u meant he asked for her.. do u mean herself as in "Fun Time",or sumthing else like in a pure romantic way

Last edited by DeotoxSlayer; 2007-12-23 at 12:23.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:12   Link #754
Aquifina

In relation to the novels and where the anime is, does Shana confess to Yuji properly after the fight with Pheles?
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 12:35   Link #755
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
In relation to the novels and where the anime is, does Shana confess to Yuji properly after the fight with Pheles?
nay, it will be fighting, fighting and more fighting from now on, then before she can confess yuji has became her enemy.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:40   Link #756
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Wait so she gave Johan whatever he wanted, and he ended up falling in love with her, did she love him when he asked for her. .....also when u meant he asked for her.. do u mean herself as in "Fun Time",or sumthing else like in a pure romantic way
both. he wanted everything, he tried to kiss her but pheles was scared and fled. later that night she came back and realised her feelings for him was love
Old 2007-12-23, 14:44   Link #757
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

When the Reiji Maigo was created, was it really necessary for Pheles to turn Johan into a Mystes? He could've just remained human and hold onto the Hougu.
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 15:30   Link #758
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
When the Reiji Maigo was created, was it really necessary for Pheles to turn Johan into a Mystes? He could've just remained human and hold onto the Hougu.
after countless failed attempts to create a hougu, johan said there is only one method left and that is turning him into a mystes, so yeah it was necessary
Old 2007-12-23, 17:47   Link #759
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
both. he wanted everything, he tried to kiss her but pheles was scared and fled. later that night she came back and realised her feelings for him was love
OMGAWD......that's kinda creepy the guy wanted to have "Sexy Time" with the women that raised him like he was her son.........
Old 2007-12-23, 18:36   Link #760
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Well, if Pheles is described as a playful Guze Queen, then she mentally doesn't act an adult so it's possible that she had some other woman to raise Johan while she herself lingers like a guardian angel of sorts. Possible theory...

Or did Pheles really raise Johan herself?

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen