AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-06, 14:34   Link #1
Blue*Dragon

Talking goddamit a playstation 3

i love it, i love it.

Japan get a new upgrade console namely: Playstation 3. The console will come out in 2006 (only for japan) maby later, will the other countrie's get's the PS3

New
Complete new motherboard (better and stronger)
more 3d real liking games

to bad there is not so many information to find. Oh wel let's wait
Old 2003-12-06, 14:35   Link #2
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

You'd think they could come up with a more original name -_-
Old 2003-12-06, 14:49   Link #3
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Won't be as good as SNES :/
Old 2003-12-06, 14:53   Link #4
outlaw55
Banned

As typical for playstation, I predict it will not be the best system for graphics and yet more ppl will buy it.....

They will probably just have more games that the others systems, altho with growing popularity maybe the companies will start making games for other companies systems since they are all disc based now...I still predict it will be the weakest of any of the systems that come out around that time, just as the PS2 is now...
Old 2003-12-06, 14:57   Link #5
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
A new motherboard and better graphics?!? I would have never guessed...
Old 2003-12-06, 15:03   Link #6
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I never saw this one coming.
Old 2003-12-06, 16:13   Link #7
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

hmmmm im sensing some sarcasm, lol just kiddin! woah i cnt believe it comes out in 2006...thats along way away ^_^ !!?!!!?
Old 2003-12-06, 16:28   Link #8
Amok
(ey'mok)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
As typical for playstation, I predict it will not be the best system for graphics and yet more ppl will buy it.....
Games make the system. The benchmark for this was the NES. The Sega Master System had much more muscle behind it (for back then anyway), and still Nintendo trounced it. We see this trend to this day with the current systems. Sure the Xbox has the power, but honestly... there isnt any games I would even consider buying for it sans Ninja Gaiden, and when it finally comes out hopefully they drop the price a bit.

Oh, and here's a concept for the PS3:

Kinda looks like they took a toaster and gutted it.

Here's the new Xbox prefab:

I hear it weighs 150lbs and can be used as a bomb-shelter for up to three people.
Old 2003-12-06, 16:32   Link #9
Babak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok
Oh, and here's a concept for the PS3:

Kinda looks like they took a toaster and gutted it.
That's a fake.
But I guess you knew that already.
Old 2003-12-06, 17:07   Link #10
Nitro

Send a message via AIM to Nitro
I hope thats not the final design they're going to go with. I think they cn make it a lot cooler.
Old 2003-12-06, 17:17   Link #11
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
I hope thats not the final design they're going to go with. I think they cn make it a lot cooler.
They can...and they could also change the name...just imagine one day in the future...you'll be a proud owner of the Playstation 16......

Well...as long as Sony has all those 3rd party companies...their system will do fine...even if it is the ugliest thing on the face of this planet...
Old 2003-12-06, 17:38   Link #12
Amok
(ey'mok)

Take note that pretty much every concept photo of the PS3 (or any other new system) that you will see will be fake until about a few months before they actually launch the console, hence the term 'concept'. Although several of them may actually be the official concept from Sony themselves at the time, the actual console rarely ever looks anywhere near most depicted images.

Seeing how the speculated launch date is 2006, expect to see alot more of these. Here's some more:

Old 2003-12-06, 23:47   Link #13
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

wow....i noticed that many people act like PS2 is the worst thing there is....but face the facts PS2 has the best games out of all 3 major systems.

PS2: ZOE, ZOE2, Dynasty Warriors 4, Final Fantasy series, Xenosaga, etc
X-box: Halo and Ninja Gaiden seems to be the only ones.....
Gamecube: mostly kitty games i wouldnt take a 2nd look at but....pikmen, Naruto 2
Old 2003-12-06, 23:58   Link #14
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

ZOE - Konami
Dynasty Warriors - Koei
Final Fantasy series - Squaresoft
Xenosaga - Namco

Now...i'm not saying Sony is a bad company...but if Sony didn't have all the 3rd party companies it does now it wouldn't be as popular...

As for Gamecube...Nintendo itself has made many good games...and their main ones was done by themselves and not 3rd party companies....(the metroid series, mario series, and zelda series)

Edit: thanks Dark Zero for pointing out my mistake

Last edited by Superchop; 2003-12-07 at 01:13.
Old 2003-12-07, 00:01   Link #15
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
You'd think they could come up with a more original name -_-
For what? It's not really important how the thing is called, as long as it's good/the games are good.
And as long as the systems are downwards compatible I think they can keep the similar name.
Old 2003-12-07, 00:23   Link #16
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
PS2 is popular because its favored by 3rd party companies, that's why Nintendo's GameCube isn't doing that well and why most of their "good" games, or games in general are theirs. That's why Sega's Dreamcast (may it RIP that wonderful system) began to die, because 3rd party companies pulled away from a "low selling" system and decided to focus their attention on the PS2. A good example was when Sierra pulled the plug on Half-Life for the Dreamcast just days before its release (the strat guides came out before the game. ) Its not about power or superiority, its about popularity and versatility, and selling potential, PS2's ability to play old PSX was a major sell for a lot of buyers, plus they already held the market for consoles with their original PSX. And PS2 has several benchmark games that made it even more worth buying it. Like most Squaresoft whores (I know its Square Enix now.) they merely bought it because of that companies endorsement. As long as major companies endorse this system, and the reserve-playing capabilities are still there, it will continue to dominate.

Great PS2 games: Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Metal Gear Solid: Substance, Jak I & II, Final Fantasy XI, Disgaea, Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4 + Evo, Medal of Honor, SNK King of Fighters bundle packs, Guilty Gear X & X2, Grand Terismo 3, Silent Hill 3, Tony Hawk series.

XBOX is now getting some console-exclusive games, such as Fable, Ninja Gaiden, before then mostly all their games were ports, so meaning if you could get it for the PS2/GameCube which you already own why buy an XBOX? Before then all they had was Shenmue II, & Halo pretty much, plus with their more in-tune XBOX Live subscription (I believe its play all the games for the XBOX for one flat-rate.) is giving companies more of an essentive to go towards the XBOX. Plus its also bullet-proof.

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6084935.html
Old 2003-12-07, 00:23   Link #17
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Gamecube: mostly kitty games i wouldnt take a 2nd look at but....pikmen, Naruto 2
Kitty games?? WOW! I never knew their was a console for cats. Now my cat will have something more productive to do with his time!
Old 2003-12-07, 00:28   Link #18
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

OMG my cat beats me at Mario Cart Double Dash!! T_T
Old 2003-12-07, 00:30   Link #19
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Really Mario Kart is a kitty game too?

Wow I'd be interested in some of these Kitty games too!

Nyo!
Old 2003-12-07, 00:30   Link #20
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
I heard Naruto was good ~ I saw the clip for that.. it was kool ... ~

sa~ a ps3 would be nice.... but in another 3-4 years........ I'll just stick w/ the PS2 for now~
Closed Thread