AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 09:05   Link #481
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Who needs love when you can just Union with a girl, iykwim
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:09   Link #482
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Just checked Japanese Wikipedia, and I don't why but it has the full name of all the characters while the official site doesn't.
The end credits also have everyone's full name, that's where the wiki editors got it from. Towano Mikage, seriously?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:55   Link #483
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The end credits also have everyone's full name, that's where the wiki editors got it from. Towano Mikage, seriously?
Towano = immortal
Mykage = divine spirit
Kind of fitting, although I don't know how it's written in kanji.

Btw, a clarification. In Godspeed Magician "godspeed" is the literal translation of the kanji of "神速", but the term in Japanese means more accurately "swiftness" rather than an expression of well-wishing.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 16:00   Link #484
broken270
Defying gravity

I'm hooked to this show much more than I thought I would. I'm glad that Mikono decided to man up earlier than I anticipated her to be. So, it was because of Ceyenne's vision that made her overprotective of her when it comes to riding a mecha. And the Berlin wall has been smashed one again. This time, it was from the Infinity Fist by Aquarion. Despite Fugo banning love, I have a good feeling that's all going to be out the window after watching the preview.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 16:44   Link #485
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Towano = immortal
Mykage = divine spirit
Kind of fitting, although I don't know how it's written in kanji.
It has no kanji, only katakana... in fact, looking at the names, Fudou is the only one who has any kanji in his name (Fudou, that is, ZEN is written with Roman letters - just like with Fudou GEN in Sousei).

And yeah, it's fitting, but really, come ooon. ^^;; I miss the naming sense of the Shadow Angels in Sousei, that was pretty cool. Compared to that, Towano Mikage is... eh. ^^;; (I know, I know, I should just get over the fact that I won't get the same Shadow Angels in EVOL.)
Old 2012-01-24, 16:54   Link #486
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Zessica and Amata together in the next episode? I can already imagine Mikono's kawaii jealous face
Old 2012-01-24, 16:59   Link #487
kuromitsu

Btw, anyone noticed the little wings on Mikono's boots? I wonder if they're just there for decoration or they're foreshadowing something.

(Also, is it just me or do Mikono's legs go on and on and on... )
Old 2012-01-25, 13:50   Link #488
Ray
Garnet

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I don't want to go digging through this thread incase I stumble upon some spoilers or something.

Can I just start watching Aquarion EVOL without ever having seen a single episode of the original Aquarion or without knowing what the general premise of the original show was? I'm aware that it's set 10,000 years later but I was simply wondering if I would miss out anything other than some references? Also, how is the original Aquarion; is it worth watching? I haven't heard many positive things about it.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:24   Link #489
ReddyRedWolf

12,000 years later.

The movie at the beginning of the first episode is a reference at the end of Aquarion Apollo sacrificing himself to save the planet. Slivia promising she'll wait for another 12,000 years to him. 12,000 years later people don't remember some details hence they call Apollo Apollon and Silvia Sylvie. Along with Aquarion being called Aquaria but those in the higher ups now its true name.

Why another you ask? Because Aquarion has the premise of reincarnation. 12,000 before ancient humanity fought Shadow Angels who harvests humans for prana. With the help of Apollonius a Shadow Angel who fell in love with a human woman Celiane they created the Aquarion to fight the Shadow Angels. The events of that ancient war was forgotten until the Shadow Angels reawakened from their slumber and the Aquarion was found. In order to win humans formed the organization called Deava to gather people with powers, Elements, to operate the Aquarion. Much like what happened 12,000 years earlier. But in order for them to have a victory they need the reincarnation of Apollonius. Whom reincarnated to Apollo.

12,000 years after Aquarion humanity is besiege by beings from another dimension called Abductors. Their motivations are unknown. Neo Deava successor to the original Deava sends Aquaria Type-M and Aquaria Type-F to protect humans. Only in this time mixed gender Unions are prohibited. The "accidental" pilot Amata is hinted to be the reincarnation of Apollonius and Apollo as the enemy, Kagura, identifies him as the Wings of the Sun. A title of Apollonius.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:52   Link #490
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
12,000 years later.

The movie at the beginning of the first episode is a reference at the end of Aquarion Apollo sacrificing himself to save the planet. Slivia promising she'll wait for another 12,000 years to him. 12,000 years later people don't remember some details hence they call Apollo Apollon and Silvia Sylvie. Along with Aquarion being called Aquaria but those in the higher ups now its true name.

Why another you ask? Because Aquarion has the premise of reincarnation. 12,000 before ancient humanity fought Shadow Angels who harvests humans for prana. With the help of Apollonius a Shadow Angel who fell in love with a human woman Celiane they created the Aquarion to fight the Shadow Angels. The events of that ancient war was forgotten until the Shadow Angels reawakened from their slumber and the Aquarion was found. In order to win humans formed the organization called Deava to gather people with powers, Elements, to operate the Aquarion. Much like what happened 12,000 years earlier. But in order for them to have a victory they need the reincarnation of Apollonius. Whom reincarnated to Apollo.

12,000 years after Aquarion humanity is besiege by beings from another dimension called Abductors. Their motivations are unknown. Neo Deava successor to the original Deava sends Aquaria Type-M and Aquaria Type-F to protect humans. Only in this time mixed gender Unions are prohibited. The "accidental" pilot Amata is hinted to be the reincarnation of Apollonius and Apollo as the enemy, Kagura, identifies him as the Wings of the Sun. A title of Apollonius.
Thanks for the rundown. It's pretty damn detailed and I had to read it numerous times in order to understand it. Damn, that much of have been one tragic ending. Here's to hoping that EVOL won't end in a similar manner. Anyway yeah, I got the gist of it. Off I go to watch episode 1 and 2 then. Thanks again.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 15:10   Link #491
ookamigirl

The whole wall thing sometimes makes this story funny since guys will be guys no matter when and where..
Some of the guys sure have interesting element powers.
Amata & Mikono - the ace Aquarion couple lol
The barrier went down, but their rules sure are funny.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 15:15   Link #492
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Oh, I'm kind of guessing the new rules are there on purpose, it's obvious that forbidding something makes it more desirable, and Fudo isn't stupid I'm sure he's aware of that.
He clearly wants to see some love and drama and by the looks of it, its already working xD

Damn, why am I so hooked on this show?
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 15:19   Link #493
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The barrier went down, but their rules sure are funny.
That's Gen (ahem).... Zen Fudou for you. Giving lessons in a runabout way.
Old 2012-01-25, 17:17   Link #494
Shikijin

I see that on 4chan people would like to know better how Element powers worked in Aquarion. Although I never found any official explanation about it, years ago I figured it out on my own. I will repost my speculations here.

I believe what Kawamori did in Aquarion is too complicated to be replicated in Evol. While the basics behind Element powers should be the same, I doubt there is any intention to link the powers to the personality of the characters, as done in the series before.

This contains some spoilers about Aquarion:
Spoiler for Genesis of Aquarion:

Last edited by Shikijin; 2012-01-27 at 14:34.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:31   Link #495
Shinji01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I don't want to go digging through this thread incase I stumble upon some spoilers or something.

Can I just start watching Aquarion EVOL without ever having seen a single episode of the original Aquarion or without knowing what the general premise of the original show was? I'm aware that it's set 10,000 years later but I was simply wondering if I would miss out anything other than some references? Also, how is the original Aquarion; is it worth watching? I haven't heard many positive things about it.
Kawamori said in interviews that EVOL was made so that people who didnt know the first series can still enjoy and follow the plot.
However, knowing the previous series will be better because you can try to solve the mysteries and parallels...like everyone is doing on this thread.

Especially since Aquarion has a broad fan base due to their smash hit Pachinko...They had to make it so that the newer fans who first came across the pachinko can still enjoy EVOL.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:09   Link #496
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for Mix on the Digger Bros:
Old 2012-01-26, 04:22   Link #497
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Wow, that's genius XDD
And that paperbag mob girl's gaining fame, isn't she XD
Old 2012-01-26, 05:33   Link #498
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So MIX is a closet fujoshi.

On an unrelated matter... AKINO's single for Kimi no Shinwa releases on the 28th?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 05:44   Link #499
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
no Mix, you're doing it wrong, have you ever watched Gurren Lagann!?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 05:51   Link #500
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On an unrelated matter... AKINO's single for Kimi no Shinwa releases on the 28th?
Pushed back to Feb 15th IIRC... :\

Tags
comedy, science fiction