AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 20:57   Link #1
Trudinh

Need new Romance/Comedy Anime

I decide to watch anime again after a long break of couple months, since summer.
I need you guy to suggest me some new good romance/comedy anime or manga to watch/read. I already watch most of the old one. Need some new one fresh release one that i haven't heard about or watch.

I watched Sword art online ~ throwing it out there cause it probably going to be the first suggestion ( was the second thing i decide to watch after returning from anime break. ) I love it, but i feel it could have been better.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo ~ LOVE IT, it amazing, everything about it is amazing, the comedy is funny, the romance is awesome, get very dramatic from time to time ( i love romance anime that get dramatic from time to time, but not too much drama like clannad or kanon. ) too bad it only 12 episode.

And that pretty much it, plz dont suggestion accel world, i heard about it, people said it amazing, i just dont want to watch it.

Manga suggestion are welcome, plz try to suggest the manga that are lively, not the one that are dead and take like forever to update.

So overall,

Comedy/Romance is a must be, i dont mind if it have action in it or any other genre.

No Horror, i like action, but no horror like "school day" or "mirai nikki". way too gross. the blood, head chopping off, eye popping out, errrrr.

No harem, HATE IT, love triangle is fine, but just no Harem.

No ecchi, No nudity or bouncing boobs, and panty flashing in every episode, i dont mind if it a little like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo where there some scene where shiina is nude. But if it like in every episode there nudity in it, like highschool dxd, just don't bother suggesting it.
Trudinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 22:33   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I bet you'll like Kamisama Hajimemashita.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:44   Link #3
Xarvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
No harem, HATE IT, love triangle is fine, but just no Harem.

No ecchi, No nudity or bouncing boobs, and panty flashing in every episode, i dont mind if it a little like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo where there some scene where shiina is nude. But if it like in every episode there nudity in it, like highschool dxd, just don't bother suggesting it.
Well you pretty much killed every other Anime that actually has a good story, and just so happens to have either of those elements. Like really an anime that is either not an ecchi/fanservice or harem (AND is romance / comedy).

Mkay...
  • Suzuka - (It's about a guy pretty much trying to get a girl to like him, it's a high school / sports anime. I really liked it and it had both sad and romantic scenes.)
  • True Tears - (It's a love triangle, It's been pretty long since i watched it, but I recall it being a innocent anime with cute characters and interesting story.)
  • Aishiteruze Baby - (It's about a teenager taking care of a kid, and it's sort of a love triangle, because the kid wants him for herself (non sexual) and at the same time he has a crush on someone else. (trying not to give any spoilers) I was unwilling to watch this at first glance, but I'm oh so happy that I did, It's an amazing story, and it has some very emotional episodes.)
  • Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - (It's about a boy and a girl, currently staying in a hospital and they take a liking to each others. It has some dramatic events and I found it being well worth watching.)
  • Sukitte Iinayo - (Supposedly unpopular girl meets the most popular guy in school and they start to take a liking for each others. Cute characters and I found this one worth watching!)
  • Steins;Gate - (So this one was a pretty weird one, It involves time travel and gets rather messy, they change things in the past and people starts dying. And then they're trying to fix their mess pretty much. It's kinda slow at the start (imo) but gets way better at the end.)
  • Myself ; Yourself - (Also very long time since I saw this one, It's about a guy that moved back to his hometown after being away for a few years (highschool) and things have changed between him and his best friend. I'm not going to give any spoilers so I can't really say anything about this one, but it has both romantic and sad episodes. I think you'll like it.)
They're not really "new" but maybe there's some you haven't seen! Personally I haven't seen any "new" animes that are very good, pr at least not if I was to compare them to my favorites.
Those are what I can think of out of the blue.. I don't think there are any or at least not much "ecchiness" in these. It's mostly romance's and drama with some comedy. Guess you'll just have to try and see for yourself!
Xarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 02:35   Link #4
Kurohane

-Busou Renkin - mostly action oriented with comedic scenes from time to time, romance really develops in the second half.
-Inuyasha - fantasy, adventure anime, romance has much focus on the two leads, but there are other couples as well, about 200+ episodes
-Elemental Gelade - Love story between a human and a biological weapon. A classic.
-Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle - another love story, has some comedic scenes, two 24 episode seasons, two OVA series and one movie. However, I suggest reading the manga before watching the OVAs because they are based on two stories directly.
-UFO Valkyrie
-Zegapain - if your into mecha
-Vakyria Chronicles - war story, romance develops in second half of series
-Special A - two love stories in one series
-Kachou wa Maid-sama
-Hanasakeru Seishonen
-Solace
-They are My Noble Masters

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-01-02 at 13:34.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 02:36   Link #5
jte742

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is an excellent romantic comedy that just finished airing earlier this week. Lots of zany characters and off-the-wall antics interspersed with nice dramatic/romantic scenes. The ending is a bit of a letdown, but there is an OVA coming later which might address that, and you can always read the manga if you really want to see how the characters turn out.

In the event you haven't already seen it, Nodame Cantabile is also very, very good, and is very similar at a high level.
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 07:38   Link #6
starlol

Sakurasou has 24episodes.
Hataraku Maou-sama! -> The anime will be broadcast in April 2013. But I still suggest you to read it since the spinoff is quite awesome too.
Last Game
Old 2012-12-27, 08:47   Link #7
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
Sakurasou has 24episodes.
Hataraku Maou-sama! -> The anime will be broadcast in April 2013. But I still suggest you to read it since the spinoff is quite awesome too.
Last Game

Last Game, love it, read it before.
Hataraku Maou-sama ~ Apirl, too long to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is an excellent romantic comedy that just finished airing earlier this week. Lots of zany characters and off-the-wall antics interspersed with nice dramatic/romantic scenes. The ending is a bit of a letdown, but there is an OVA coming later which might address that, and you can always read the manga if you really want to see how the characters turn out.

In the event you haven't already seen it, Nodame Cantabile is also very, very good, and is very similar at a high level.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun ~ will watch it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
-Busou Renkin - mostly action oriented with comdic scenes from time to time, romance really develops in the second half.
-Inuyasha - fantasy, adventure anime, romnce has much focus on the two leads, but there are other couples as well, about 200+ episodes
-Elemental Gelade - Love story between a human and a biologiccal weapon. A classic.
-Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle - another love story, has some comedic scenes, two 24 episode seasons, two OVA series and one movie. However, I suggest reading the manga before watching the OVAs because they are based on two stories directly.
-UFO Valkyrie
-Zegapain - if your into mecha
-Vakyria Chronicles - war story, romance develops in second half of series
-Special A - two love stories in one series
-Kachou wa Maid-sama
-Hanasakeru Seishonen
-Solace
-They are My Noble Masters
Special A and main-sama was awesome, but there were some unnecessary episode, i guss it what u call filler.
they are my noble master ~ didnt i say i didnt want ecchi and harem, facepalm
Solace ~ what the hell is this, i cant find it on google, one of the search result gave me a hentai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarvi View Post
Well you pretty much killed every other Anime that actually has a good story, and just so happens to have either of those elements. Like really an anime that is either not an ecchi/fanservice or harem (AND is romance / comedy).

Mkay...
  • Suzuka - (It's about a guy pretty much trying to get a girl to like him, it's a high school / sports anime. I really liked it and it had both sad and romantic scenes.)
  • True Tears - (It's a love triangle, It's been pretty long since i watched it, but I recall it being a innocent anime with cute characters and interesting story.)
  • Aishiteruze Baby - (It's about a teenager taking care of a kid, and it's sort of a love triangle, because the kid wants him for herself (non sexual) and at the same time he has a crush on someone else. (trying not to give any spoilers) I was unwilling to watch this at first glance, but I'm oh so happy that I did, It's an amazing story, and it has some very emotional episodes.)
  • Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - (It's about a boy and a girl, currently staying in a hospital and they take a liking to each others. It has some dramatic events and I found it being well worth watching.)
  • Sukitte Iinayo - (Supposedly unpopular girl meets the most popular guy in school and they start to take a liking for each others. Cute characters and I found this one worth watching!)
  • Steins;Gate - (So this one was a pretty weird one, It involves time travel and gets rather messy, they change things in the past and people starts dying. And then they're trying to fix their mess pretty much. It's kinda slow at the start (imo) but gets way better at the end.)
  • Myself ; Yourself - (Also very long time since I saw this one, It's about a guy that moved back to his hometown after being away for a few years (highschool) and things have changed between him and his best friend. I'm not going to give any spoilers so I can't really say anything about this one, but it has both romantic and sad episodes. I think you'll like it.)
Suzuka ~ tried it before, didnt like it.
True Tears ~ too sad for me, tried watching it and it feel like clannad and kanon, too dramatic. way too dramatic, and when it too dramatic it get boring.
Aishiteruze Baby ~ seen it, didnt like it
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora ~ seen it, love it, it feel too short though, i guess it better that way. too long might get boring.
Steins;Gate ~ i seen the first 3 episode, didnt really like it. hard to explain why.
Sukitte Iinayo ~ im soo going to watch this.
Myself ; Yourself ~ really boring, the comedy was dull and boring. never made me laugh one bit.

what you said about harem and ecchi, i just dont want to see an anime where the only good thing about it is boobs, and many cute girls loving one guy ( that will never happen in real life, .00001% ) i want good storyline and comedy, i dont want boobs popping out every scene, we got hentai for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I bet you'll like Kamisama Hajimemashita.
I'll give it a try later, but my guesses i probably dont like it, it related about shrine and ghost. in my experience with Oh My Goddess, and there another one, forgot what it call, it has to do with a guy who get powerful for being horny and fight off ghost and he live in a shrine with many girls. overall, thnx to those, i dont think i will ever like shrine related anime again.
Old 2012-12-27, 09:06   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
I'll give it a try later, but my guesses i probably dont like it, it related about shrine and ghost. in my experience with Oh My Goddess, and there another one, forgot what it call, it has to do with a guy who get powerful for being horny and fight off ghost and he live in a shrine with many girls. overall, thnx to those, i dont think i will ever like shrine related anime again.
The last one you describe was Amenaideyo!
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 09:19   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
There are lots of shrines in Japan, and they are not all inhabited by horny young men surrounded by girls. The main character in Kamisama Hajimemashita is a feisty high-school girl. There's a bit of a reverse harem aspect to the show, but the girl's romantic interest is pretty apparent from the outset.

There are shrines in Ghost Hound and Dennou Coil, too, but that wouldn't stand in my way if I'm looking for quality shows.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 00:38   Link #10
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

How about toradora?
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 04:50   Link #11
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangakasan View Post
How about toradora?
He already seen it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:34   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
and
Kamisama Hajimemashita (No, it's nothing like Tenchi Muyo, nor even like Ah My Goddess. It's a shoujo).

You might also be interested in Kokoro Connect and Little Busters

That's it for the recent anime.

An old one you should definitely check out is Maison Ikkoku

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 16:56   Link #13
Trudinh

Yes, i had seen toradora, it one of the best romance anime u can ever find, it the new boy over flower, and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is the new toradora.
for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, i finish watching it, ty to "jte742" suggestion, and it good, i feel like it the story isn't complete. like there still some unresolved matter, i guess they probably saving it for season 2, who knows.

is Kokoro Connect any good? i might give it a try, but im not sure about the whole body switching idea.

and little busters? is that even romance? i watch the first 2 episode and i was bored, and the main character voice is annoying. they couldn't pick a better voice actor?

Kamisama Hajimemashita ~ ill give it a go for 2-3 episode, if im not hook in, then it a drop.
my history with shrine anime is just not that great.

Edit
Kokoro Connect ~ I gave it a try, and i love it, Thank you, for the suggestion.

Last edited by Trudinh; 2013-01-01 at 19:04.
Old 2013-01-01, 19:22   Link #14
fukarming

I don't know how "new" you want it to be, but

Lovely Complex is a very good rom/com.

Seconding Nodame Cantabile and Maison Ikkoku.

Honey and Clover is one of my favorite romantic comedy.

How about Ouran Highschool? Also a great rom/com.

If you are going for older shows:

Marmalade boy is a classic for rom/com, which starts as a manga but has a anime adaptation.
Anything Wataru Yoshizumi creates (author of Marmalade boy) is rom/com.

Everything I listed above is based on manga, if you like any of them then you can just look the the author's other work.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 19:51   Link #15
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I don't know how "new" you want it to be, but

Lovely Complex is a very good rom/com.

Seconding Nodame Cantabile and Maison Ikkoku.

Honey and Clover is one of my favorite romantic comedy.

How about Ouran Highschool? Also a great rom/com.

If you are going for older shows:

Marmalade boy is a classic for rom/com, which starts as a manga but has a anime adaptation.
Anything Wataru Yoshizumi creates (author of Marmalade boy) is rom/com.

Everything I listed above is based on manga, if you like any of them then you can just look the the author's other work.
what i meant by new is like 2012-2011ish, cause most of the old one "beyond 2011" i have already seen.

and i dont like anything past 2000, cause the drawing/animation and audio are crap.

Honey and clover i have seen ~ it was pretty good. it kinda like Sakurasou or the other way around since honey and clover came out first. didn't like the character as much the character in Sakurasou.

lovely complex ~ seen it, it ok. it different, then other romance/comedy anime.

Maison Ikkoku ~ too old

Ouran Highschool ~ i seen it, didnt finish it tho, i drop it half i think, forgot the reason why.
Old 2013-01-01, 20:27   Link #16
jte742

Quote:
for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, i finish watching it, ty to "jte742" suggestion, and it good, i feel like it the story isn't complete. like there still some unresolved matter, i guess they probably saving it for season 2, who knows.
I'm glad you liked it. If you found the ending a little unsatisfying (as I did), and don't want to wait for a second season that may or may not happen, you should really consider reading the manga - there's so much that still needs to be talked about, and the anime barely gets to the really good parts.
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:51   Link #17
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
I'm glad you liked it. If you found the ending a little unsatisfying (as I did), and don't want to wait for a second season that may or may not happen, you should really consider reading the manga - there's so much that still needs to be talked about, and the anime barely gets to the really good parts.
ya, i feel the anime just drop without a clear ending. we didn't get to see the picnic she promise him, natsume romance problem still haven't been resolve, they( Micchan and natsume ) never really did get to talk after she confess to him. and Yamaguchi feeling toward Shizuku still isn't really resolve either. it like they leave us at the climax and just end the series there. and Sasayan never really did get to tell natsume how he really feel, (i think he had feeling for her, he did say to Micchan "it look like you beat me" something like that, couldn't remember word for word, was a little unclear) still im wooting for Sasayan.
Old 2013-01-02, 02:29   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo ~ LOVE IT, it amazing, everything about it is amazing, the comedy is funny, the romance is awesome, get very dramatic from time to time ( i love romance anime that get dramatic from time to time, but not too much drama like clannad or kanon. ) too bad it only 12 episode.
You should probably know by now but just in case you don't- Sakurasou is 24 episodes, not 12.

As for suggestions; I'll add Sankarea and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia from Spring last year... I'm surprised nobody else have mentioned them yet.

Both of them involve romance with the undead (Zombie and Ghost respectively) so there's a slight horror element involved as well.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 08:05   Link #19
Traece
:cool:

Sankarea I'll second.

Angel Beats!
Nyan Koi. This one is tagged by MAL as a harem, but I don't remember there being one at all. I don't even remember there being that many female characters...
Full Metal Panic! is a great comedy and it does have romance, although it's not very pronounced. Has action too. Probably not your tastes but worth mentioning.
Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Very fitting as a romance/comedy.
Kamisama Kazoku wasn't too bad.
Lamune. This was, I think, the second anime I watched on my computer so my memory is fuzzy. I don't think it had a lot of comedy, but it did have a lot of romance and was a wee bit serious about it.
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.
If you like a lot of comedy, School Rumble is pretty great.
Hayate no Gotoku does have some romantic elements in it, but it's mostly comedy. A lot of the romance is limited to very specific episodes and is a bit better in manga format. It is a favorite of mine though.
Obligatory The World God Only Knows mention. I really wouldn't call it a harem, especially if you only watch the anime. It has lots of good comedy and it's centered around romance. The heroine changes repeatedly because of the context, but that doesn't cause any issues except that there's not much length. It's my favorite.

I suspect Tasogare is a bit out of his interests, but he's welcome to try it.
Old 2013-01-02, 13:46   Link #20
Kurohane

Quote:
Solace ~ what the hell is this, i cant find it on google, one of the search result gave me a hentai
My mistake, its name is Sola, give it a try.