AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 34.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 23.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 13.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-10, 01:30   Link #21
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
So wait, this episode isn't the Refrain route, but Rin's route?

Still, what a depressing way to play baseball... in the rain!
Yes, this episode was still part of Rin's route.
Old 2013-11-10, 05:24   Link #22
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I actually really liked this episode, I wish they had developed the time Riki and Rin lived together at her grandpa's house a bit more but considering that the anime crew was short on time it was an understandable and actually well done cut (not like anything actually relevant happens besides Riki realizing he's still too weak to protect her on his own, which the anime explained anyway).

That said...end of Rin's Route so let the actual Refrain begin! The best part of the whole show, hopefully it will be done as well as this episode was.
Well also it shows that Rin's still childish...........but the anime showed that as well with her response at the new school.
Old 2013-11-10, 07:08   Link #23
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What makes you so sure that Masato is wrong for supporting Kyousuke?

Kyousuke's methods aren't the most appealing in the world, but is he wrong for wanting Rin to grow up and get out of her shell?

Some have speculated that all of the Little Busters, aside from Riki and Rin, are actually dead. I don't know, as I'm not that familiar with the source material, but the whole bit of "all but two of the students from another school died in a bus-crash" is certainly suggestive here. So let's run with this speculation.

Suppose Riki and Rin are the only Little Busters still alive, and Kyousuke somehow set up some place like the main setting in Angel Beats. A place to help the dead Little Busters move on, and the living Little Busters to come to terms with what has happened. Perhaps that place can't be maintained forever, and eventually Riki and Rin have to go back to the real world.

If so, then it's highly important for Rin to make new friends, and learn to come out of her shell. None of the other Little Busters (except Riki) will be there for her anymore.

Kengo understandably wants to keep the good times going, but if that's not possible, then it's simply not possible. Masato may well be the more practical person here who realizes that, hard as it is, the "tough love" that Kyousuke is showing Riki and Rin is necessary.

Whatever the case may be, this was a very good episode. I agree with what a lot of other people have wrote here. However, Little Busters really does push things a lot on the "secret of the world" and supernatural/metaphysical side. I've never been more uncertain about what's really going on in a Key anime than I've been with this one, and that's saying something.

The speculations I made above are almost total guesses based largely on Key's reputation. At this juncture in the narrative, I'd rather things were a bit more clear.
I'm not thinking about any future theories, i'm focusing on the episode at hand. This episode made Masato and Kyousuke look like the bad guy, and Kengo and Riki look like the good guys, hence why I favour Kengo a lot more than Masato now, because he did what most people would want and stood alongside Riki against Kysousukes seemingly harsh methods for making Rin a better person.

And Masato just sat and watched until the very end. You can speculate all you want, but at the moment, for just an anime viewer, all I can see is Masato and Kyousuke being people that I no longer see as a pleasant presence anymore.

I don't do speculation, I just wait until the next episode and give my comment only after the episode is finished. Maybe Kyousuke and Masato are doing it for the greater good, but I don't like their methods if that's the case, which if that is how it's going to be, then I still favour Kengo over Masato for not resorting to such methods.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:20   Link #24
Meltyred

For anyone questioning Masato's actions, keep in mind he said in the previous ep, that no matter what happened, he would be neutral.
This meant he didn't approve of Kyousuke's method or anything, he only tried to keep the status quo, playing on he same team as Kyousuke during the match was only to keep things even.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:52   Link #25
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I'm not thinking about any future theories, i'm focusing on the episode at hand.
Given that Kyousuke and Masato have been presented as likable protagonists almost the entire show, I think it just makes sense to speculate that they have good reasons for doing what they're doing here. I mean, I really doubt that the anime is having them do an actual heel turn this late in the game.

Quote:
This episode made Masato and Kyousuke look like the bad guy, and Kengo and Riki look like the good guys,
That's one way of viewing it.

Another way of viewing it is that Riki and Kengo are babying Rin, and that they've become enablers for her childishness by going easy on her when what she really needs is tough love.

It's certainly possible to spoil a kid, or ruin his/her development, by sheltering him/her too much from the rest of the world.

Quote:
because he did what most people would want and stood alongside Riki against Kysousukes seemingly harsh methods for making Rin a better person.
What people want, and what people need, are frequently not the same thing. I respect a person who recognizes that, and hence is capable of favoring long-term needs over short-term wants. Besides, Kyousuke was willing to compromise to the point that Rin could come back on the weekends.

Quote:
And Masato just sat and watched until the very end. You can speculate all you want, but at the moment, for just an anime viewer, all I can see is Masato and Kyousuke being people that I no longer see as a pleasant presence anymore.
I'm sure that they themselves realize they're not a pleasant presence anymore. They're allowing themselves to look like the "bad guys" in order to help Riki and Rin. I respect that more than I do people just doing what feels good in the heat of the moment, since that's a lot easier to do than doing the hard thing that nonetheless needs to be done.

Quote:
Maybe Kyousuke and Masato are doing it for the greater good,
I'm sure they are. I very much doubt that Kyousuke wants to hurt his sister, who's also been one of his closest friends for years. Kyousuke thinks that this is necessary for her, and he's probably right.
Old 2013-11-10, 11:03   Link #26
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kyousuke was willing to compromise to the point that Rin could come back on the weekends.
This is important, I think, because he seemed like it was a really undesirable compromise for him to have to make. Moreover, he told Riki to "show me you can at least handle this." I think that gives the lie to this being entirely about Rin.
Old 2013-11-10, 11:13   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well... I almost hate Kyousuke here....
where's his awesomeness????

And Masato, you traitor... xD... and cheap tricks for Kengo....
agh!!! so that's how they tore Little Busters! in just few scenes.... ;(

I truly hate that they just fasten the pace during Riki and Rin's runaway scenes... I think Rin didn't even had time to talk anything or even voiced up her thought to Riki
wait?! they bathed toge--- *nosebleed*... and that scene just got skipped?! *rage*
too bad they are found out in just one night.... Riki should learn how to run away from Kud

I thought Riki talked or think too much in this episode though... hahaha
Old 2013-11-10, 12:29   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

I have absolutely no idea where this is going but it's keeping me coming each passing week. I'm pretty sure that Brosuke isn't becoming an antagonist to Riki this late in the game without a very good reason. I believe it's pretty obvious that there's something "weird" with the Little Busters world with half the "team" suddenly disappearing and no-one commenting much on it being one of the major standouts but I still have no idea what it is. Maybe it's like Triple R mentioned and there's an Angel Beats style thing going on. I was considering a Groundhog day scenario at first but with Anego's route involving that particular plot device I doubt that they would pull it a second time. Key VNs usually have some sort of badly explained plot device before getting to the ending proper but I don't see them re-using one in the same VN.
Old 2013-11-10, 16:39   Link #29
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

The bath scene only gets like 2 seconds of air time? :/
Old 2013-11-10, 18:52   Link #30
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Great episode I really loved how they handled the music, but I hope to hear a certain track later!The scenes with Riki and Rin were pretty rushed, I'm not even quite sure how I feel about that. But, everything else was really done well and the music choice or the baseball scene was awesome.
Old 2013-11-10, 18:53   Link #31
romcom89

New OP next Episode?
Old 2013-11-10, 20:29   Link #32
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Don't know how everyone is seeing Masato in such an antagonistic way. At this point in the VN, I didn't have any particular feelings against him. Adaptation differences? I didn't see much.
Old 2013-11-10, 22:47   Link #33
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I get that Kyousuke's doing this for their own good, but I totally see why Kengo would step in and try to stop him. Riki and Rin are essentially yelling the safe word, and he can't just ignore them.

Masato's harder to nail down. He doesn't seem to wholly approve of the proceedings, but I can't just buy that his whole reason for batting for Kyousuke was out of some competitive compulsion, as Riki seemed to believe.
Old 2013-11-10, 23:18   Link #34
molitar

Damn traitors Kyousuke and Masato . I would of told Kyousuke and Masato get out of my face and never ever let me see their ugly mugs again the friendship is over! I would of let Kengo beat the living crap out of Kyousuke I would of not stopped it at all! Them two single handedly destroyed the group of friends!

What hell and torture he is putting Rin through! Bastard!

But what was Riko thinking let's go to where we all played as children it's the very first place anyone would look. Head to the country.. get a job.

How much eviler can that bastard Kyousuke get! What a SADIST! Blocks messages from Komari to Rin! BASTARD!
Old 2013-11-11, 00:27   Link #35
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

-1 for leaving out a certain song and image for the ending sequence, but otherwise very solid episode. They got the important things in there I think.
Old 2013-11-11, 00:44   Link #36
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Damn traitors Kyousuke and Masato . I would of told Kyousuke and Masato get out of my face and never ever let me see their ugly mugs again the friendship is over! I would of let Kengo beat the living crap out of Kyousuke I would of not stopped it at all! Them two single handedly destroyed the group of friends!

What hell and torture he is putting Rin through! Bastard!

But what was Riko thinking let's go to where we all played as children it's the very first place anyone would look. Head to the country.. get a job.

How much eviler can that bastard Kyousuke get! What a SADIST! Blocks messages from Komari to Rin! BASTARD!
The vehemency of this post sums up all my feelings towards Futaki.
Old 2013-11-11, 06:06   Link #37
Gohan78
Awakened One

This episode was excellent, especially J.C. Staff's rendition of the infamous "Cheap Tricks" scene. However I have the subtract one point for the unfortunate decision to rush through Riki and Rin's escapade.
I was especially looking forward to the bath scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
too bad they are found out in just one night.... Riki should learn how to run away from Kud
Spoiler for comparison to the game:
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-11-11, 10:51   Link #38
silvercover
Romance Expert

you know, id argue that it was actually a good thing to cut out parts of rin's route, for this series.

when you consider the fact that little busters anime was changed into a friendship theme rather than romance, this ep starts to actually fit well.
not only because they managed to save time, it manages to also look more "friendly" than romantic. because of cutting out and shortening it, your not really dragged into the pairing, or not dragged into making it look like a pairing.
due to cutting those parts(honestly I havent played but im just basing it already from whats been said in here), you can sort of interpret it as close friends even with the whole boyfriend/girlfriend status they have. because your only treated a glimpse, you can still believe that it they just thought they were in love. on the other hand, it still entertains the thought that yes they are in love.

so shippers are still fairly happy(considering really that the others didnt really get any romance at all with riki) while the none shippers(or those who prefer other ships) can just skim it or pretend it was just friendship.

and of course all the conflict was delicious. the bittersweet drama and the strain of their bonds. the rage can also be really felt especially with the "cheap tricks" one.

all in all id give this a perfect score. 10/10
Old 2013-11-11, 13:29   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

For those wondering, Gohan78 is right:

Spoiler for What the anime cut out from the VN:
Old 2013-11-11, 16:32   Link #40
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
The bath scene only gets like 2 seconds of air time? :/
I was actually surprised they gave the scene 2 seconds. I always thought this scene wouldn't make it to the anime.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler: