AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-10, 01:50   Link #281
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

[QUOTE=dieseltrain]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
This one will be memorable as it pulls out unpredictable twists that were not seen coming.

[SPOILER]
- Masane visits Takeyama who feels down but has never immersed himself in self-pity.

And under the rain that lucky bastard does....
Spoiler:

I just hope u are just speculating, if not? oh well i feel bad for tozawa, i'm sure he liked masane too, did alot to help her, i was hoping masane and tozawa could hook up.
Fortunately for you, my interpretation is based on the pics posted at futaba; guesswork and speculation.

I haven't seen the episode yet...

Once I do, then I will post my thorough review for it, but as always I'm cautioning the readers at this thread my speculations have a 90% margin of inaccuracy due to my restricted comprehension of the Japanese language.

However, judging from the pics posted for episode 19 seems that Masane is developing some intimacy for Takeyama.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 02:39   Link #282
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Heh-he. Guido was guessing, but the guess was pretty close. 8)

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 08:36   Link #283
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To MrProphet, the name of that doctor is Nishida, and she's Wado's mysterious insider contact at NSWF.

Spoiler:

These are the screenshots for episode 19.

Last edited by Guido; 2006-08-10 at 10:16.
Old 2006-08-10, 12:40   Link #284
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
To MrProphet, the name of that doctor is Nishida, and she's Wado's mysterious insider contact at NSWF.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 15:03   Link #285
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Cool Holy Schizznick!!!!

Ok, had a dream early this morning about 'Masane' and 'Takayama' "...". Of course I turn on my laptop to watch ep. 19 and what do I see?
Spoiler:
Gee, seems like I wasn't that far off. But considering how things are gearing up toward the finale there are a lot and I mean A LOT of things going on and very little time in the view of the characters. Some want the "gold" where others want "golden years".

Totally unexpected turnabout events. For those who have seen ep. 19
Spoiler:

Again thank you Guido, MrProphet for your summaries. Now go watch the episode! Gonna watch this ep. again tonight.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 22:18   Link #286
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Send a message via MSN to Carrie Asagiri Send a message via Yahoo to Carrie Asagiri
Well, my first post here and of course must be in this thread. I've been reading all the reviews about WB all this time but always I forget to register to post something .
Okay, going to the point. I just see ep 19 and what can I say, I think that is one of the best episodes from the all series.

Spoiler:
Carrie Asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 00:11   Link #287
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Ok, had a dream early this morning about 'Masane' and 'Takayama' "...". Of course I turn on my laptop to watch ep. 19 and what do I see?
Spoiler:
Gee, seems like I wasn't that far off. But considering how things are gearing up toward the finale there are a lot and I mean A LOT of things going on and very little time in the view of the characters. Some want the "gold" where others want "golden years".

Totally unexpected turnabout events. For those who have seen ep. 19
Spoiler:

Again thank you Guido, MrProphet for your summaries. Now go watch the episode! Gonna watch this ep. again tonight.

Dear sir, there are no words from me to describe such fine piece of documentary.

It was touching, heartwarming, cleverly deduced, and makes straight point on what's the sh** heading forward to.

I thank you very much, since you have now taken a tedious burden from my back. Once I see the episode, I won't be commenting about the plot but rather on the technical and narrative aspects themselves.

Grateful
Old 2006-08-11, 13:29   Link #288
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Asagiri
Well, my first post here and of course must be in this thread. I've been reading all the reviews about WB all this time but always I forget to register to post something .
Okay, going to the point. I just see ep 19 and what can I say, I think that is one of the best episodes from the all series.
Welcome to the madness, muwahahaha!!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I want a happy ending too. Cause 'Devilman Lady' made me cry too damn much. And 'Masane's my new girl. Gee ya think I'm obsessed with a "Nipponization" of a American comic title of the same name? Nah... I doubt it.

Old 2006-08-13, 09:42   Link #289
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 19 Review

Animation return to high standard and was very good to see the mess that the Lv.2 WitchBlade is capable to pull out.
Spoiler:

The Ultimateblade acted more of a enhanced armor to Yagi's body, but it's possible to be bio-mechanical the design.

I did felt a slight empathy for Father pathetically writhing and clinging to the batch of samples.
Spoiler:

With Maria's new change, I'm feeling frightened for Masane and Riko's welfare. If she's ready to cast off her shell, then Maria would set her eyes strictly business-like to retrieve the Witchblade.
However, if she's still clinging on some left-up, lingering grudge like Wado still does to Takayama, then Riko's in a present danger.

BTW, Maria's theme played when killing Father made the whole act much creepier. That particularly piece of score exudes a Tim Burton-esque aura within it; a psycho-gothic, jingle score.

Last edited by Guido; 2006-08-13 at 18:46.
Old 2006-08-13, 17:56   Link #290
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Send a message via MSN to Carrie Asagiri Send a message via Yahoo to Carrie Asagiri
Quote:
Welcome to the madness, muwahahaha!!
Hehehehe thank you

Quote:
Spoiler:

I want a happy ending too. Cause 'Devilman Lady' made me cry too damn much. And 'Masane's my new girl. Gee ya think I'm obsessed with a "Nipponization" of a American comic title of the same name? Nah... I doubt it.

Spoiler:

Believe me that I cried like hell with "Devilman Lady" too :P. That's why I want a happy end with Takayama and Masane together rising Riko like a happy family.
And welcome to the club of people obsessed with tha japanese version of an american comic XD. I'm a big fan of the original comic book and I think that Gonzo has made a great job with this series.
Old 2006-08-14, 13:29   Link #291
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Hehehehe thank you

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Believe me that I cried like hell with "Devilman Lady" too :P. That's why I want a happy end with Takayama and Masane together rising Riko like a happy family.
And welcome to the club of people obsessed with tha japanese version of an american comic XD. I'm a big fan of the original comic book and I think that Gonzo has made a great job with this series.
Spoiler:

Oh well. What's the story is this show really 24 or 26? They better hurry up and have s**t happening in a reasonable manner. Again thanks for the kind words 'Guido'. Still thinking hard as usual. Again good summarization on that portion of the story.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-14 at 14:00.
Old 2006-08-14, 23:21   Link #292
rpgman1

According to the Funimation poster showing Witchblade, the series has only 24 episodes which is right up the alley with Fate/Stay Night. Five more episodes will probably show us who's alive and who's dead and the mystery surrounding the Witchblade.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 23:36   Link #293
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
According to the Funimation poster showing Witchblade, the series has only 24 episodes which is right up the alley with Fate/Stay Night. Five more episodes will probably show us who's alive and who's dead and the mystery surrounding the Witchblade.
And when I thought that the anime would last a bit longer than the live-action TV series, that consisted of two seasons having 12 episodes each.
Old 2006-08-15, 00:17   Link #294
masadate

To Guido:
Hello, could you please come up with a larger screenshot collage of Episode 19? thank You
masadate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 10:59   Link #295
chrno

Smile

Thanks on that note rpgman1.

That's funny I wonder why they said that it was 26 in the beginning. I guess they felt that they could sum everything up in 24. Man, 'BakuTen' was 24 too. So that means 6 DVDs for us. If 'FUNimation gets this ready for next year whenever I'll probably plop down the money to pick them up as they come out instead of waiting until they're finished. I'll see.

I guess considering what happened in ep. 19 things are going to start moving. And from the one shot they have up for ep. 20 pn 'hicbc' site I have a feeling 'Riko' is going to end up in the wrong hands. I was looking at the shot and I noticed that the floor has a very ornate pattern. Not to mention that she [Riko] doesn't look very happy at all. This could mean that she's been taken into someone's domain. As to who's is anyone's guess until 20 airs. Which will be late tomorrow our time -vs- their time which is the 25th hour.

Old 2006-08-15, 20:27   Link #296
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by masadate
To Guido:
Hello, could you please come up with a larger screenshot collage of Episode 19? thank You
You can see screenshots and summary of ep. 19 here. I've finally caught up with the episodes! But I don't like what things forbode for Masane
Spoiler:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 10:23   Link #297
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

So this series will be only 24 episodes instead 26? I'm eating my arms right now thinking what would happen in this last 5 episodes.
And wrex_japan you are my hero , thanks a lot for blogging ep 19. Now I've got the things more clearer.
Old 2006-08-16, 12:58   Link #298
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 20 preview.

So futaba posted the pics for this week's episode.

My brief synopsis, followed later with pics.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-16, 15:05   Link #299
chrno

Lightbulb

Quote:
Spoiler:
Response in a spoiler tag:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Thanks! You saw what I saw too to some extent? And that's not all. Thought of something else last night.

Spoiler:

Quote:
So this series will be only 24 episodes instead 26? I'm eating my arms right now thinking what would happen in this last 5 episodes.
And wrex_japan you are my hero , thanks a lot for blogging ep 19. Now I've got the things more clearer.
Girl, you aren't the only one. I never thought I would be watching the days go by just to get to the next episode. I used to watch my paycheck like that. Now it's every 25th hour on Wednesdays . LOL!! Gonzo better wrap this up with a super happy ending. And again thanks to wrex_japan for blogging and Guido for keeping tabs on the airing. I won't be clicking NOTHIN' until I watch the ep. first.

Oh the name of the new weapon is called "UI-Weapon" this time. Don't ask. That's what it says on the preview summary for ep. 20 at the hicbc 'Witchblade' site.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-16 at 20:50.
Old 2006-08-16, 19:15   Link #300
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Glad to see that I'm not alone in this madness. I'm still waiting to see ep 20 and I wont read any preview, I want to be surprised.
About that little holes, not only the doujinshis but fanfiction were made to fill up those little details . Since ep 15 I've got in my mind a little fic about WB XD. And about the happy end, I've got an idea for a fanart. Now I need time to put my ideas into paper.