AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-01-05, 17:10   Link #101
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Here in West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
Old 2007-01-05, 17:45   Link #102
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Here in West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
*scowl* it was weeks before RM turned up in the shops over here in London.
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 20:04   Link #103
Fixen
ZnT Translator

(delete please)
Fixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 12:12   Link #104
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

What the fuck is going on ?

Quote:
PEACH-PIT's manga Rozen Maiden is so popular that it is even read by Taro Aso, Japan's Minister for Foreign Affairs. However, it seems the manga recently ran into some trouble with Comic BIRZ (the magazine it's serialized in).

Recently Rozen Maiden suddently went on hiatus in Gentosha's Comic BIRZ. PEACH-PIT's information website "Ohirome Calendar" states that "Our work has been suspended, if the editorial team decides to explain the situation, it will be in the next issue [of Comic BIRZ], until then we cannot disclose any details regarding the matter, it is very regrettable."

Some speculate that the editorial department lost PEACH-PIT's draft, others think there is some kind of disagreement between PEACH-PIT and the editorial department. It seems certain that until the next issue goes on sale, the facts will not be made public.
http://comipress.com/news/2007/01/06/1285
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 16:23   Link #105
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

I guess I can't say I'm surprised. Peach-Pit hasn't really seemed interested in writing Rozen Maiden lately, even as its popularity has risen so high. I don't know what could be so horribly bad that the editorial department and Peach-Pit are fighting and holding back a release. If it's lost, there has to be data copies somewhere.

I smell something brewing, and it doesn't sound good. I'm worried.
Old 2007-01-08, 16:26   Link #106
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
say
is the manga version worth to buy ? i got volume 5 and its not too bad
btw i got the french translated version
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 16:29   Link #107
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
say
is the manga version worth to buy ? i got volume 5 and its not too bad
btw i got the french translated version
How ? Vol 5 is to be released only on feburary ?
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:55   Link #108
_duangelique
Adorate Sui ~desu.

Oh my god, if the manga is really suspended, that would be dreadful. I was having so much fun just watching at the scans and guessing what the characters were possibly saying (I can't read a single word of japanese; I was trying to get into one class this year, but it may not happen).

The only choice left is to wait the spanish-latin version, but from what I've been told, it seems that their work is as bad as Tokyopop's. That means no desu, or even -yes ( no way, Sui saying "-Sí!" is not so hilarious)
And -yes, the fansubbers do the translation in a much better way, they even put the -desu, na-no...but they are taking so long doing it (last release was phase 11, on july)

Now I ask for a double pray. Will God listen to us???
_duangelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 20:42   Link #109
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

some body know when the mexican version will be release?
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 21:11   Link #110
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
How ? Vol 5 is to be released only on feburary ?
sorry i meant the third one
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 11:31   Link #111
QueenNori

That sounds very terrible.....
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 11:39   Link #112
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Meh, worst case is that the manga will be delayed while Peach-Pit finds another manga magazine to publish Rozen Maiden, which shouldn't be difficult.
Old 2007-01-22, 23:32   Link #113
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
I've just burned through the first three over the weekend (the fourth is on order), and I have to say that I totally prefer the manga to the anime. Everything just seems fleshed out so much more. The characters seem more 3-D (especially Soueseki, who is much more interesting in the comic), and concepts are more clearly explained. Traumend seems like such a waste of time after seeing what they could have gone with here...and I'm going only on the plot synopsis of volume 4 at the back of three.

The only doll who comes out less than her animated counterpart is Suigintou...who just seems evil in this, without any of the redemptive qualities they gave her in the anime. That, of course, may change as I read on...but as of now she just seems purely selfish (much as she did - until her death scene - in the original Rozen Maiden series).

Can't wait for volume four to arrive (soon, I think...as I ordered it through a shoppe that speicalizes in BD).
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 10:44   Link #114
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
I've just burned through the first three over the weekend (the fourth is on order), and I have to say that I totally prefer the manga to the anime. Everything just seems fleshed out so much more. The characters seem more 3-D (especially Soueseki, who is much more interesting in the comic), and concepts are more clearly explained. Traumend seems like such a waste of time after seeing what they could have gone with here...and I'm going only on the plot synopsis of volume 4 at the back of three.

The only doll who comes out less than her animated counterpart is Suigintou...who just seems evil in this, without any of the redemptive qualities they gave her in the anime. That, of course, may change as I read on...but as of now she just seems purely selfish (much as she did - until her death scene - in the original Rozen Maiden series).

Can't wait for volume four to arrive (soon, I think...as I ordered it through a shoppe that speicalizes in BD).
I saw up to volume 7. All the characters do receive more developement. I, however, prefer the Jun from anime more than the one in the manga. Interesting developement concerning Souseiseki makes me wonder if we are going to have season 3 of Rozenmainden anime soon.
Old 2007-01-27, 13:17   Link #115
ShikaShika
無罪

I was just wondering what relation the manga has to the anime. I.e. is the anime based on the manga, the other way around, or are they both developed independently? I've gotten the impression that the manga is further ahead than the anime, about how much further ahead is it? I.e. how much of the manga (in %) is currently animated?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 13:31   Link #116
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I was just wondering what relation the manga has to the anime. I.e. is the anime based on the manga, the other way around, or are they both developed independently? I've gotten the impression that the manga is further ahead than the anime, about how much further ahead is it? I.e. how much of the manga (in %) is currently animated?
The first series of the anime is loosely based on the first two volumes of the manga. I say loosely...because there are a lot of differences (which makes for a good read, as things branch off in entirely different directions). The themes are essentially the same, with information represented in the anime...but the scenario is quite a bit different.

Traumend on the other hand is a completely new storyline, and isn't representative of the manga at all. It runs off on it's own tangent and introduces Barasoushiou...who I understand has no counterpart in the manga at all (at least not as of the 4th volume).
Old 2007-01-28, 00:40   Link #117
ShikaShika
無罪

Thanks, though one thing still confuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
Traumend on the other hand is a completely new storyline, and isn't representative of the manga at all. It runs off on it's own tangent and introduces Barasoushiou...who I understand has no counterpart in the manga at all (at least not as of the 4th volume).
I know I got myself spoiled before watching Träumend regarding
Spoiler for träumend:
. I'm fairly sure I got spoiled by reading the manga thread before Träumend was released (though obviously not this manga thread since it's much younger). So how could that be, if Träumend isn't based on the manga? Was it based on something else that might have been discussed in the manga thread?
Old 2007-01-28, 11:51   Link #118
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Thanks, though one thing still confuses me.
I know I got myself spoiled before watching Träumend regarding
Spoiler for träumend:
. I'm fairly sure I got spoiled by reading the manga thread before Träumend was released (though obviously not this manga thread since it's much younger). So how could that be, if Träumend isn't based on the manga? Was it based on something else that might have been discussed in the manga thread?

I'm not familiar with the content of those threads (I'm just new here, and have been skimming a lot of the older posting, but haven't read it in it's entirety). But while those events do take place in the manga, the context is somewhat different. I'm going on having viewed the anime and now reading the manga. There are key events that are common in both forms...but the details are entirely different. And, as I said...there is no 'fake doll' or 'fake Rozen' in the manga.
Old 2007-01-29, 08:32   Link #119
ShikaShika
無罪

Allright, got'ya! Thanks!
Old 2007-01-30, 05:58   Link #120
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Arg, as I thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
1-30-07 (5:53AM EST)---- Rozen Maiden Manga Suspended
The March issue of Gentosha's Comic BIRZ was released in Japan today. Absent was PEACH-PIT's Rozen Maiden serial for a second month on the trot. As for a reason? A small note read "are not carrying by convienice". Last month The author's website first mentioned the February edition of the magazine would not carry the serial when it went on sale on 12/28/06: "I seem to have gotten the "Do not carry by the author's convenience" treatment. Though the detailed circumstances cannot be told and it is very regrettable, I think a more thorough eplaination can come to light in the next issue of the magazine if there is a will to publish it on the editorial staff's side. Hold on a little, please. I am really sorry to everybody who was looking forward."
What is the future of the Rozen Maiden manga?

Tags
fantasy, seinen