Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-06-14, 13:19   Link #221
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Just watched the first ep last night. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty intriguing story, a classic plot of deception and intrigue to force their way to power. But this is only the tip of the iceberg when you have ice creatures capable of Necromancy. I like it

Haha, nice to see you watched the first ep!

Now go go go watch the other 8!
Old 2011-06-14, 13:35   Link #222
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

About Littlefinger... Does anyone else have the feeling he's going to make a move on Sansa (no novel spoilers, please!)? He's probably burned his bridges with Cat now, but he's already commented that Sansa looks so much like a young version of her mother.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 13:50   Link #223
Kallen4life

then Boss Man Geoffrey ^^ will have him executed FOR TREASON ^^
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 13:51   Link #224
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
About Littlefinger... Does anyone else have the feeling he's going to make a move on Sansa (no novel spoilers, please!)? He's probably burned his bridges with Cat now, but he's already commented that Sansa looks so much like a young version of her mother.
In the beginning I mistrusted him a LOT
Then when he offered the entire city guard to Ned Stark I was going "Oh that guy is freaking brilliant, I like the guy!"

Then after you know what happens

I want his head on a pike, now
Old 2011-06-14, 13:53   Link #225
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't imagine Sansa will want anything to do with Joffrey now, and I also can't imagine it would be acceptable for the King to wed the daughter of an executed traitor. I think that BS Ceresi was feeding her was just a ploy to try and get Sansa to coax her father into confessing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 13:56   Link #226
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
I think that BS Ceresi was feeding her was just a ploy to try and get Sansa to coax her father into confessing.
You're right, as it was said in the novels.
She just used Sansa to make Ned confess, that's all.
Old 2011-06-14, 13:58   Link #227
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I can't imagine Sansa will want anything to do with Joffrey now
She's slutty enough to do it.
Old 2011-06-14, 13:59   Link #228
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

For a non-book reader the developments for this episode were beyond words…Not often, if ever, do you see the main character of a show get killed off this early on, seemingly without a redemptive strike…As that blade hung in the air I just knew a f**king FedEx Early Overnight Raven would land in town square (on the King Retard's Crown no doubt) and tell of Jaime’s capture…I never in a million years thought Ned would get John Locke’d in the end…No smoke monsters to bring him back, no bat$hit witchdoctors’, since they preside in Dothrak apparently, nothing to reassemble Sean Bean…Just emptiness…

When you watch American TV most your life you kinda get conditioned by the main character’s plot-shield (Morso than in anime where this has happened enough)…So I gotta give HBO credit for putting Sean Bean outhere so much as the main character in pre-production that him getting killed is easily one of the most shocking moments in recent television history…Had this not been based on a novel, this move would be certainly one of the most shocking ever… In the end he finally played the Game of Thrones, but alas it was too late to win, just to die (Shakes still attached head)…Also great irony with how he died much like the man he had to behead in episode 1…

As for the rest of the show, Tyrion is still my favorite character and if he had died on that mock battlefield I surely would have lost it…His character arc was solidified greatly in this episode and makes me cherish this character even more…It’s sad, but we’ve been conditioned not to totally or equally respect dwarfs/midgets/ little-people, etc. Even if they are characters of importance it’s still so easy to slight them just based on appearance, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a character, person of this type command scenes like Tyrion’s character…His game of Truth and Dare was no simple game, and his whore of choice this week is easily my favorite whore in the entire story so far (Physically and mentally)….Even Bronn in just 3 episodes has become my favorite bit-player in the entire story…I’d branch off for a Tyrion, Bronn and Foreign Whore adventure tale in a minute…

$hit has beyond hit the fan…The acting performances from Varys, Blind Taurgarion, Robb, and the old bridge dude were all worth mention…Khal Drogo’s deathbed scene, um not so much (Zombified Drogo eh?)…And Dammit if Jaime Lannister doesn’t remind me of those anime villains that don’t have but a couple scenes all series but somehow still end up being a main baddie…But like I said this show has gone from bad to absolutely UGLY…Let’s hope Robb’s new wife doesn’t wind up being the same...
Old 2011-06-14, 14:07   Link #229
Kallen4life

Ned is one of most prominent examples of Decoy Protagonist in literature .. and it's so well done
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 14:34   Link #230
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
She's slutty enough to do it.
Sansa certainly likes to live in her imaginary dream worlds (I honestly believe she was convinced that she loved Joffery, despite his hand in the death of her wolf, and other similar incidents), but I wouldn't call her a "slut", even as a joke. In the end, she attempted to save her father's life, even if she did it ass-backwards whilst dressed up with silly hair. I am eager to see just how she changes next episode and, if she survives next episode, next season (There is a great deal of drama and character growth to be found in Sasna's story...if the show and Martin decide to show her potential evolution).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 15:06   Link #231
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Let’s hope so. Otherwise we might see Sansa x Joffery babies, and I don’t even want to imagine what hellspawn those two would bring into the world.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:11   Link #232
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Let’s hope so. Otherwise we might see Sansa x Joffery babies, and I don’t even want to imagine what hellspawn those two would bring into the world.
Well, guessing that even if that comes to pass and all resistance against Mad King Jeoffy is crushed and he becomes a dictator.

Imagine his face when "The Horde" of 40,000 horseman cross the sea.
He'll be wishing he was still in diapers when he shits his pants.

Not saying it will happen, as so far reading the novels, nothing had been said about it yet.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:51   Link #233
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
I can't imagine Sansa will want anything to do with Joffrey now, and I also can't imagine it would be acceptable for the King to wed the daughter of an executed traitor. I think that BS Ceresi was feeding her was just a ploy to try and get Sansa to coax her father into confessing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
You're right, as it was said in the novels.
She just used Sansa to make Ned confess, that's all.
How so? Sansa had no contact with her father, until he had already decided to confess.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 16:39   Link #234
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
How so? Sansa had no contact with her father, until he had already decided to confess.
As I said, Cersei used Sansa as a tool.
Like the eunich said
"Is your daughter precious to you?"

They used Sansa to force Ned to confess.
If his daughters were safe in Winterfell he would have held out in the dungeon long enough until Robb marched through the door with his army.
Old 2011-06-14, 16:52   Link #235
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
As I said, Cersei used Sansa as a tool.
Like the eunich said
"Is your daughter precious to you?"

They used Sansa to force Ned to confess.
If his daughters were safe in Winterfell he would have held out in the dungeon long enough until Robb marched through the door with his army.
Let me rephrase that... Ned had no way to confirm whether his daughters were captured or not, before deciding to confess, since the only person he talked to was the eunuch. Even if Sansa escaped, they could just have lied to me, Nedd was in no position to know the truth.

As for using Sansa to bargain with Rob, obviously by the last episode's events had no result.
Old 2011-06-14, 17:42   Link #236
Slick_rick

Quote:
Let me rephrase that... Ned had no way to confirm whether his daughters were captured or not, before deciding to confess, since the only person he talked to was the eunuch. Even if Sansa escaped, they could just have lied to me, Nedd was in no position to know the truth.

As for using Sansa to bargain with Rob, obviously by the last episode's events had no result.
If they lied to him they'd have nothing to gain. The confession means little if Ned doesn't stop Robb from starting a war, they want to concentrate on Renly and Stannis. When he finds out that they lied to him I doubt he'd stop Robb in that case and they'd in the same position. He's honorable but that doesn't mean he'd keep his word when deceived.

The fact that Sansa was present at the Sept was probably to reassure him that they did have her before he actually confessed.
Old 2011-06-14, 18:11   Link #237
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
If they lied to him they'd have nothing to gain. The confession means little if Ned doesn't stop Robb from starting a war, they want to concentrate on Renly and Stannis. When he finds out that they lied to him I doubt he'd stop Robb in that case and they'd in the same position. He's honorable but that doesn't mean he'd keep his word when deceived.
Well, Joffrey's judgement makes this discussion pointless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
The fact that Sansa was present at the Sept was probably to reassure him that they did have her before he actually confessed.
Good point there, since seeing that Aria ecaped, could have changed Ned's behaviour, if it wasn't for Sansa standing next to the queen.

OT: Isn't your avatar a huge spoiler for Nana
Old 2011-06-14, 18:48   Link #238
TigerII
Pilot in Training

So ya, who else hates the whole Lannister family except Tyrion? I felt bad for him after his story.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 20:39   Link #239
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Damn, well in addition to getting his wig chopped off, Sean Bean was recently stabbed...Art imitating life? I wonder if a girly blond boy did this to him...
Old 2011-06-14, 22:40   Link #240
Slick_rick

Quote:
OT: Isn't your avatar a huge spoiler for Nana
Not at all. It's one of the first episodes and really of no significance.

on-topic: I love the Lannisters, honestly. Cersei is probably my favorite character throughout. Jamie is pretty interesting at points too. Tyrion is funny which makes him much more endearing than his siblings but sometimes it's hard to take him seriously because of that.

Favorite characters are probably so far Cersei, Arya, Jamie, Ned, and Jon. Hoping for a good season finale.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo