AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-19, 10:48   Link #221
konart

Quote:
Ok that's cool ^^. Amber is in he character design sheet.
Where did you see her? 0_o
Old 2009-07-19, 10:58   Link #222
Sakabatou77

Exclamation

Unless she dyed her hair and she is wearing contact lenses that's not Amber.
Old 2009-07-19, 16:41   Link #223
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The two girls at the bottom of the poster are Dania (Left) and Elena (Right).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-07-19, 16:46   Link #224
Joe_fh

Well you can't deny she looks a lot like Amber.The hair color is a bit lighter but the scan itself seem to lack contrast.That's why I thought it was her.
You're right about the eyes though...didn't notice they're a different color.But who knows maybe when she used her power for the last time she lost it completely.For example Hei's eyes go red when he uses his power.So provided she nas no power left maybe here their color became like this?Or BONES just likes that character design and will be using it again.Sure looks very similar

And about the poster I was refering to this part
Spoiler:

Maybe that's not the whole image.Probably not since part of the latters are cut off but I can't guess what is there.
Old 2009-07-19, 18:29   Link #225
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I don't see the wee lass getting killed in the first couple of eps, she's been shown to much attention to do so plus no way are you gonna show us a wee lass that seems to be using a anit-tank rifle as a sniper rifle, which shouts awesome and have her killed straight away. Theres too much fun to be had!

plus if Hei is around, I think it would make for some interesting if not mildly amusing interactions

I got no probs with the setup atm, altho thats all at face value so if its really still Hei then YAY but if its really the wee lass then ok fine

Yes, there's way too much fun to be had with a sniper on board. She's prob going to be good with regular handguns also like Ein in Phantom.
Old 2009-07-19, 18:46   Link #226
iceyfw

what's up with the word "Love?!" on the scan showing the new character designs?
Old 2009-07-19, 20:28   Link #227
pkmnmaster

Hmm... Haven't checked on DtB2 in a long while and now I find out that it may revolve around some lil girl... I hope Hei and the rest still have meaningful roles in the anime and not just little appearances here and there. I liked the first season because it seemed more mature, involving adults rather than little kids so I'm not too psyched about the little sniper. Well, hopefully we'll get more Hei action.
Old 2009-07-19, 20:35   Link #228
LelouchGeass

Has there been confirmation from the scans that the girl will be the main protagonist of DtB or just like a 2ndary one?

I can't imagine Hei not being the main char, he's the BLACK shinigami after all.
Old 2009-07-19, 22:35   Link #229
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, there is a piece of hope in here- it has been stated that this is a sequel, right? I'd be far more worried if it were a spin-off. But since it seems to be a sequel, I'm guessing that Hei will still be around, but these characters are going to have more or less important roles

also, since when was it stated that Hei was going to Russia? As far as I remember, Hei said he's intending to fight against the Syndicate as both a Contractor and human... and my personal favorite link there was that Misaki also seems to be choosing that side (i.e. opposing the Syndicate to prove that Contractors and humans can live in harmony)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-07-21, 01:11   Link #230
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

maybe the editors of young gangan magazine, were questioning about the nature of the new characters and just saying what they think about what is dtb going to be about?
Old 2009-07-23, 11:50   Link #231
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Ok that's cool ^^. Amber is in he character design sheet.Not such a big surprise but it looks like she'll be in the second season for sure.She didn't have enough screentime in the first anyways and she was a very interesting scharacer which I'm sure had a many stories to tell,especially since she was a time traveler.
Amber's on the character design sheets? I don't see her.

*reads the names*

Hmmm... Let's see. Suou, Nika, Sasha, Elena, Tania...

That's all the human characters there, I see no Amber.
Old 2009-07-24, 17:32   Link #232
Joe_fh

Ok I already corected myself about that ^^.I can't understand Japanese so things like this happen.
Still I really think there is a conection between that girl and Amber.They have a really similar design and BONES could easily come up with a new one.Unless they wanted preciesly that one for some reason
Old 2009-07-24, 17:37   Link #233
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I was excited when i heard a new one was being made, But ill be pissed as hell if Hei isnt the main character
Old 2009-07-24, 22:26   Link #234
Sakabatou77

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
I was excited when i heard a new one was being made, But ill be pissed as hell if Hei isnt the main character

Hei wasn't always the main focus, he most of the time crossed paths with characters that had the main focus in different episodes. No doubt his path will cross the half Russian half Japanese girl, so he will be in there, and! I know he will be the main character. I don't think the DTB makers would make a 13 year old the main, main, focus of the 2nd series, but her situtation will probably, (proabably) be the path the series will go.

My opinion on the promotion pictures is to show, show us new, new characters, and I'm wondering how the DTB makers will mix her and the other characters into the story.
Old 2009-07-25, 02:09   Link #235
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
Hei wasn't always the main focus, he most of the time crossed paths with characters that had the main focus in different episodes. No doubt his path will cross the half Russian half Japanese girl, so he will be in there, and! I know he will be the main character. I don't think the DTB makers would make a 13 year old the main, main, focus of the 2nd series, but her situtation will probably, (proabably) be the path the series will go.

My opinion on the promotion pictures is to show, show us new, new characters, and I'm wondering how the DTB makers will mix her and the other characters into the story.
I just hope they turn it into gunslinger girls as i hated that anime.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:07   Link #236
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

After rewatching DtB I gotta say HeiXMisaki is where its at, it just seemed to work even tho they barely interacted
Really wish we get some more from Misaki and Mao, they are 2 of my favorite characters excluding Hei and Yin.

little more off topic, only found out about the OVA recently and is an amusing watch
Old 2009-07-28, 06:56   Link #237
Arturro

Quote:
After rewatching DtB I gotta say HeiXMisaki is where its at, it just seemed to work even tho they barely interacted
Really wish we get some more from Misaki and Mao, they are 2 of my favorite characters excluding Hei and Yin.
It looks like new DTB manga will be about Hei and Misaki

Old 2009-07-28, 10:40   Link #238
zalem

Quote:

little more off topic, only found out about the OVA recently and is an amusing watch
Yeah, that's how I feel. HeixMisaki just works the best. I really hope they have some interaction 2nd season.

And man, been gone from AS for a long time...just noticed this thread. Very, very happy we're getting a second season! I mean there was a lot of speculation, but it's great to hear it officially confirmed.
Old 2009-07-28, 11:20   Link #239
konart

My copy of Newtype is here!

full page about DTB2 from NT(or was it posted already?)

Old 2009-07-28, 19:53   Link #240
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
My copy of Newtype is here!

full page about DTB2 from NT(or was it posted already?)

O_O

That doesn't even look like it's for DtB. Where is Hei and Yin and Masaki? Who are all those characters that look fairly uninteresting?