AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 95 49.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 26.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 11.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.07%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-30, 14:08   Link #201
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"At the time of Nanjo's murder, Eva, Battler, Jessica were alive."

There is no "only" in this sentence. There is a chance there is someone else alive other than these three.

The question is....who?

Who else is dead....in red?
Old 2009-10-30, 14:12   Link #202
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"At the time of Nanjo's murder, Eva, Battler, Jessica were alive."

There is no "only" in this sentence. There is a chance there is someone else alive other than these three.

The question is....who?

Who else is dead....in red?
Rosa, Maria and the 6 1st twilight victims were all confirmed dead in red before EVA's red web attack - therefore they cannot be the killers.

However Kyrie, Rudolf, Hideyoshi, Krauss and Natsuhi are all fair game.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:12   Link #203
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Where did it say that only three people were alive when Nanjo died?
Ok, that's what i doubt also.

So it means: there are more than 18 people on the island but only 18 of them are alive. Assuming no "twins", "super disguise kit" or "fake dying" were used. The only body that was not identified in all the case was Kinzo due to being completely burnt. Actually there's one more: Rosa for not being identified in 1st and 3rd EP, alive in 2nd EP

Conclusion: either Rosa or Kinzo 's likely to be a muderer (at least of Nanjo in this case). But could be not the final culprit

However if Kinzo or Rosa was confirmed dead by that point, then maybe the Kinzo/ Rosa in this anime are not the actual Kinzo/Rosa. SO the real one's dead, when they're still alive
Old 2009-10-30, 14:15   Link #204
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Ok, that's what i doubt also.

So it means: there are more than 18 people on the island but only 18 of them are alive. Assuming no "twins", "super disguise kit" or "fake dying" were used. The only body that was not identified in all the case was Kinzo due to being completely burnt. Actually there's one more: Rosa for not being identified in 1st and 3rd EP, alive in 2nd EP

Conclusion: either Rosa or Kinzo 's likely to be a muderer (at least of Nanjo in this case). But could be not the final culprit
Rosa's body was identified in EP 3 - Rudolf clearly knew it was her and Maria.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:18   Link #205
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Was George confirmed dead...in red? If not you have six possible killers:

George, Kyrie, Rudolf, Hideyoshi, Krauss and Natsuhi.

But then things get complicated. How and Why? All of these are killed with the Siestas, except Hideyoshi, who's shown to be killed by a floating gun. Makes you wonder a little bit.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:24   Link #206
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't know, but using some unknown medicine to fake death would be kind of lame .

I think the body lied there 's difinitely dead. The problem is if that's the real George, Kyrie, Rudolf, Hideyoshi, Krauss and Natsuhi.

Maybe some of the adults (and kids) were switched in their childhoods? So for example Jessica real name was actually George and vice versa. They have to change name to fit with the epitaph O_o

PS: how did 34 threaten Beatrice in the final screen in the novel? Considering the tea party in EP 2, i expect it's butchered again this time
Old 2009-10-30, 14:34   Link #207
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We've reached that point where it's pretty much "is it confirmed in red? else it might be false" mentality. We know everyone except Eva died in 1986, in this arc. We know Eva thinks she did it. We also know via the red that Eva couldn't have killed at least some of those people. The magic covers up things. The deal now it to pull back the layers to find out if Eva did kill all those people, or if she's just gone crazy and is believing that she killed those people because her mind is gone. Taking on that much guilt and blame...along with stress, ages you. In Eva's case...badly.

However, three games....three different suspects?
Who's suspect in the first arc? Natsuhi? But she's with the children during some of those murders.
Second arc: Rosa? She's with Battler for some of those murders.
Third arc: Eva? But she's with Battler for Nanjo's murder.

The evidence doesn't stack your honor. Something else is going on if there is one actual Truth.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:40   Link #208
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Quote:
PS: how did 34 threaten Beatrice in the final screen in the novel? Considering the tea party in EP 2, i expect it's butchered again this time
Spoiler for game script:
Old 2009-10-30, 15:01   Link #209
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Spoiler for Cornering the culprits....., no spoiler, just to save space:

@desirebluesky: thank there ^^

PS: If you have it, may i have the part where 34 say she loves Berns and will ensure she's locked up? xD
Old 2009-10-30, 15:06   Link #210
Chadauw

Quote:
Spoiler for Well...:

*insert miragecoordinator*

Like this.
Old 2009-10-30, 15:07   Link #211
Workworkwork

Quote:
Spoiler for Cornering the culprits....., no spoiler, just to save space:

@desirebluesky: thank there ^^
Your ideas are good, but you're thinking too much along the lines of the red truth. After all, how could the culprit have knowledge of the meta-world?

Flip the chessboard over. Figure out how the red truth could be used to twist a negative into a positive.
Old 2009-10-30, 15:18   Link #212
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Your ideas are good, but you're thinking too much along the lines of the red truth. After all, how could the culprit have knowledge of the meta-world?

Flip the chessboard over. Figure out how the red truth could be used to twist a negative into a positive.
I thought about that. But maybe the culprit tried to hide something , and it 's (accidentally or not) the same result with the "red truth".

For example, Kinzo could just fake his death so he can construct a close room, instead to satisfy the red truth.

Or we can look at it in another way: the red truth was constructed to make the most mystery out of everything.
Old 2009-10-30, 15:43   Link #213
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I think the body lied there 's difinitely dead. The problem is if that's the real George, Kyrie, Rudolf, Hideyoshi, Krauss and Natsuhi.
Think about it like this: Of those people whose corpses we have seen, where is the proof that they are actually dead?

Nanjo's confirmation? Who says that Nanjo wasn't lying?

Another alternative way to think about this is to look at their injuries...
Old 2009-10-30, 15:45   Link #214
chronotrig

Just for completeness and accuracy's sake, the anime version of EP3 only declares Rosa's, Maria's, and Nanjo's deaths in red (oh, and Beatrice 19 years ago).

For the first six, it only says that they weren't killed by a trap and that no one committed suicide, I think...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-30, 17:05   Link #215
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Just for completeness and accuracy's sake, the anime version of EP3 only declares Rosa's, Maria's, and Nanjo's deaths in red (oh, and Beatrice 19 years ago).

For the first six, it only says that they weren't killed by a trap and that no one committed suicide, I think...
From the game:

Spoiler for During 1st twilight battle:
Old 2009-10-30, 17:13   Link #216
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Spoiler for Review:
I kinda agree with you there. I mean, it was a nice try and I still loved that scene. But I too preferred her face in the VN.

What also bugged me a bit was Beatrice and Virgilia's faces. I expected their expressions to be subtle evil looking, not crazy in your face insane evil. Also, too much fish-eye effects. I really did love this episode though. Each Episode's ending just gets better and better is all I can say.

Last edited by Shamisen; 2009-10-30 at 17:23.
Old 2009-10-30, 17:34   Link #217
gunrik

Episode is perfect, it just get more and more mysterious, never thought i would see an anime like this, but i watched too many episodes at once and got a headache, for trying to help battler, too much thought in it :P.
Old 2009-10-30, 18:04   Link #218
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
From the game:

Spoiler for During 1st twilight battle:
Spoiler for VN but not important:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-30, 18:13   Link #219
Marion
The Great Dine

Yeah it's odd that the anime did leave that out. I can't see why :V;;
Old 2009-10-30, 18:15   Link #220
KoiYuki

I'm kind of wondering if maybe Battler said something to Eva like, "Hey, I'll kill someone too, and we can both be guilty, but please just let me go home to Ange." I know it's a little out there, but who knows?

On another note, I got some nice pan screenshots for you guys~.
Spoiler for Siestas:

Spoiler for Beato:

Spoiler for Ange:

Ange's was the hardest to put together.
Closed Thread