AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-06, 12:59   Link #221
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post
I was actually originally planning that, for them to be alone together, but then I thought more practically for the need to have another there...after all, Satomi is famous for having a "lack of common sense." Something you seriously need in Negi's case, or he'll run circles around you.

Of course, while this might be funny to portray, I think the need to keep Negi in optimal form prevails here. I did briefly think about Chisame, but not much more than a secondary force. My more prevalent thought was Chao being another dorm-mate, perhaps providing some internal tension during the Chao arc right then and there, possibly even drastically changing the whole line of the story...he he....
Well, the trick is finding someone who wouldn't dominate the scene too much with a too strong personality (like Asuna) or wouldn't just be the exact opposite, being as dragged along by Negi as Hakase (like Satsuki or Nodoka). Chao could work, since you already established her as a presence in Hakase's room. And she isn't overtly forceful personality-wise, but she also can work as quite the strong yet subtle guiding force for others.

It'd be funny if, after the revelation of her being Negi's descendants, all the other girls just think she's been the Matchmaker for Negi and Hakase the whole time.

In my planned story, Chisame fits the role of the third person around because, while usually quiet and unnoticed, when forced by circumstances to take a stand, she's very vocal and loud in her 'no-nonsense' demanding. For both of the others.
Old 2010-08-06, 13:26   Link #222
Finalage
*Author

That was why I thought of her briefly, but then Chao came to mind and blew her up. Literally, blame her robots. Chao fits a lot of roles that point to what I want, but I'm still thinking about whom might top her.

Still, imagining the descendant getting a chance at racking up some credit in caring for the ancestor in the one of the oddest ways possible is a nice touch, one reason Chao blew Chisame up...poor computer's by the way, I smell burnt plastic.

Pah, I'll see what comes to what.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:31   Link #223
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Here's the first draft for the Prologue to my story. Your work has inspired me to pick it up starting now, but rest assured I'll try to go into a fully different direction!

Spoiler for Prologue:
Old 2010-08-07, 11:33   Link #224
Finalage
*Author

Ha ha, it's better that what I consider mine to be. You can't help but feel sorry for the be-speckled hacker here. Of course, Satomi forgetting about Chisame moving in is typical, Chachamaru still being here is a bit off historically, but whoever cares in the realm of suspension of belief, hardly anyone remembers Chacha's age anywho.

"... and hopefully beyond." Did we forget an extra three letter word somewhere in there Shizuna?

It doesn't matter to me if you go along a different or completely different storyline to me, feel free to express your writing however you wish, and go where-ever it takes you, don't let me stand in your way there.
Old 2010-08-07, 22:59   Link #225
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

It still goes on!

Spoiler for Chapter One:

Last edited by OverMaster; 2010-08-07 at 23:19.
Old 2010-08-08, 16:09   Link #226
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Chapter One, Part Two:

Spoiler for It's still on!:
Old 2010-08-08, 21:12   Link #227
Finalage
*Author

Seen through the eyes of Chisame, the humor is natural. I only saw one blunder, but I wasn't looking, and honestly, one shouldn't be.

"We all shoul feel honored to have him here."

It's in it's own kind of brilliance. Still, isn't hyperventilating going a bit far? No, it's not, that's all part of the hilarity. A nice play on cannon, now if only my own brain would get up off it's arse and formulate what I need it too! I know what I want to write, but the words escape me.

Ahh, yet, as soon as I say that, it never fails to surprise me, does it?

So far, I have this little tidbit, but I have yet to get to the main course here...

Spoiler for Part One, Chapter Two:

A short tidbit that tells nothing...but I think we all know what's going to happen...

Last edited by Finalage; 2010-08-09 at 07:40.
Old 2010-08-08, 22:33   Link #228
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
For those who care, I recently updated GHQ.

I'm actually kinda struggling with the resulting fight that's going to happen, because well, I need Konoka to form a pactio so I can turn the tide of the battle. But everyone's personalities and their logic is so contrary to what I need them to do, it's kinda frustrating. Konoka would essentially have to abandon Flonne (which she won't do), and Tamaki would EI them anyway, which are the two major roadblocks I'm having trouble with getting around. I thought about Flonne doing a noble sacrifice, but that would require Flonne knowing about EI beforehand. See how much little details can screw you?

Alternate/better ideas would help immensely.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2010-08-09, 07:38   Link #229
Finalage
*Author

I'd like to help, but do you care to give us a little synopsis? Your story is quite progessed, and I'm sorry if I haven't been following it...(I've had little time to follow anything, I barely got to read the two latest chapters of Negima yesterday. Barely.)

What's the stats?

By the way! Resistance Hertz is up with it's Second Chapter; Open Circuit.

Ohh great. I just realized I don't have a spoon. I can't eat my lunch again. Darn.

Last edited by Finalage; 2010-08-09 at 10:47.
Old 2010-08-09, 18:41   Link #230
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Unequally Rational and Emotional, Chapter 1, Act 3.

Spoiler for Yeah, it's still on:
Old 2010-08-09, 21:52   Link #231
Finalage
*Author

Ahh, poor Chisame, she's the one taking all of the brunt, isn't she? You were more serious this time, which is a good way to mellow things out. Try to much humor and people will comment on you trying too hard...I see you have a name picked out...so are you going to post it up soon, or are you waiting until you have more content as a backlog?
Old 2010-08-09, 23:09   Link #232
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I was waiting to have the Prologue and the first chapter finished before posting them at FF.Net. Now that I have them both done, I probably will submit them tomorrow.

Spoiler for Chapter One, Conclusion:
Old 2010-08-10, 03:24   Link #233
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Nice. Very nice. Eh? Oi, I better get something up here myself, lest I fall behind.

This is going on in chapter 39, which I'm writing. No focus on the main characters here, sorry. You can make speculations about anything here.

Spoiler for Where's Nodoka?:

No notes this time.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-08-10, 09:02   Link #234
Finalage
*Author

Left behind? Ah ha! No. no , no...writers work best, I find, while in collaboration with each other, neh? Feed off each other they do, just like inventors once did, like they still do.

On to your bit there.

Maybe I'm tired, but the decriptions seem to fly over me, yet I do get the overall scene, and the story does interest me...I'm just tired today I suppose...oh, wait. Nodoka's pops? He's pissed. Obviously. Raising hell, that's what has just happened.

*Gah!*

My finger...ehh, this will slow me down a bit...no, I won't elaborate for you.

Last edited by Finalage; 2010-08-10 at 09:58.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:02   Link #235
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post
I'd like to help, but do you care to give us a little synopsis? Your story is quite progessed, and I'm sorry if I haven't been following it...(I've had little time to follow anything, I barely got to read the two latest chapters of Negima yesterday. Barely.)

What's the stats?
Alright, let's give the lowdown.

This is a Negima/Disgaea project. Right about the time Negi's negotiations break down with Godel, he gets tipped off early that Asuna's been replaced, and the time limit for getting home is shrinking a bit faster. He launches a blitzkrieg against Fate's operations. When Setsuna and Tsukuyomi face off, Tsukuyomi gains an edge (read: strip and perv). Konoka gets angry, but Tsukuyomi stabs her and she falls off Old Ostia. Setsuna gives chase, and neither is seen again. However, real Asuna flips out and gives the edge to Ala Alba.

Fast forward three years. Konoka wakes up as a full demon, and she is pronounced Queen of Gehenna, a new netherworld! Naturally this spreads like wildfire to other netherworlds, including Laharl and Mao's. Flonne and Beryl, hearing about Konoka's personality, volunteer to greet the new neighbor, and of course they get along smashingly, but it's not all rosy. In the days since Konoka fell to Gehenna via mysterious means, that Netherworld has been in turmoil, and her powers have multiplied in her sleep. Gehenna's overlord history has been less than favorable, and nobody who doesn't already know Konoka is convinced she'll change.

As of now, she's trying to expand the numbers of the Dark Assembly for her netherworld, known as Ars Goetia. Assassins, however, have not made it easy. Her latest attackers are Dynamis, Koyomi, and Tamaki from CE, with them convinced that Konoka's powers will screw over the human world. Flonne has been with Konoka during the recruitment process, while Beryl has taken Satsuki (who Konoka rescued much earlier) to go research stuff so she can stand toe to toe with all the other demons.

I want Satsuki to go pactio with Konoka and turn the fight against Dynamis around, but uhhh... the situation is tricky.

That's what I have so far. Link to the story is in my sig.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2010-08-10, 17:54   Link #236
Finalage
*Author

With the bit of information you gave me, I'd say, if you really need that pactio, force the two into a situation in which a pactio would be brought into a favorable light. Is Konoka with her at the moment? No, wait, stupid question, she has to be. Cut the two off from the rest somehow. Or if you don't favor the "side battle" route, try having a real thought out battle plan in which the deficiency is raised.

Other than that, I need to kick the insane brain engine into gear again. Speaking of which, I'm still rapid fire in updates mode...

Alternate Blossoms: Chapter Two.

Though, I think this one is a bit "boring like".
Old 2010-08-10, 18:59   Link #237
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Unequally Rational and Emotional, Chapter Two, Act One:

Spoiler for Chapter 2, Act1:

Last edited by OverMaster; 2010-08-10 at 21:16.
Old 2010-08-11, 07:29   Link #238
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
I've just set up chapter 39 now. This is much shorter than the other chapters, but they are as long as the plot demands them to be.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-08-11, 18:13   Link #239
Finalage
*Author

Indeed, the shampoo has made him blind. I worked through the accident with my hand today, and with or without the harmed digit, I typed half of Alternate Blossoms's new chapter. As for Resistance Hertz, I got into a few paragraphs there too. I also worked on a bit of other work, but nothing substantial.

Just seems like I'm getting faster now typing, but my ideas come slower. *Sigh*
Old 2010-08-11, 18:36   Link #240
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I posted the Prologue and Chapter 1 at FF.Net today. It's at the 'M' section because of some future content. Not involving Negi for the time being, since he's still going to be a kid for a while, but... some steamier Yuri action might be at some point of the future... nothing too close at this point, at least not until it's time for the Kyoto arc.

Anyway, here's part 2 of Chapter 2.

Spoiler for Chapter 2, Act 2:
Closed Thread