AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 07:13   Link #241
EroKing

Freebies~

Old 2012-04-14, 07:17   Link #242
konart

Taking this one:

Quote:
Thank you :3
Old 2012-04-14, 09:27   Link #243
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
My concern is not the quality of adaptation, but the pacing. It's hard to think of this as a separate self-contained story when it mirrors the source material so closely.
If the anime is popular and sells lost of frisbees in addition to helping manga sales, you can bet more will get made. Everybody wins.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:29   Link #244
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Damn it, the episode ended just as things were getting interesting. I want the next episode so much!~
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:35   Link #245
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Freebies~

Just what the doctor ordered,thanks!

Well if we can an open ending I hope sales will be good enough for a S2!
Old 2012-04-14, 17:50   Link #246
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

As I haven't read the manga, I have no baggage. I will say this. I thought it was going to just be a silly twist to the zombie genre, but it looks to be a bit heavier than that. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is good.

If it leaves me wanting more, because they aren't able to compress an entire manga into 12 episodes, well, welcome to almost every manga to anime story ever made.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:55   Link #247
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Snatching up this one. Thanks for these, EroKing. :3
Old 2012-04-14, 18:09   Link #248
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was a bit confused by the chronological order of events since I didn't think there was so much that happened between the last scene of episode 1 and the scene before it, but otherwise it was a decent episode. Can't help but feel they're taking a bit long to establish the premise though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 23:54   Link #249
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episdoe, truly. Rea is so damn cute, god damn. They did a good job there. Everything else flowed great too. They captured her father's creepiness well too... god I hate him.

Next episode is going to be great. I look forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was a bit confused by the chronological order of events since I didn't think there was so much that happened between the last scene of episode 1 and the scene before it, but otherwise it was a decent episode. Can't help but feel they're taking a bit long to establish the premise though.
I like it since they aren't rushing it. The pacing is a little bit iffy given the number of manga chapters out but if they end it with the end of an arc and not anime original, I won't complain. They are doing really well so far.
Old 2012-04-15, 00:01   Link #250
GundamZZ
残念美人

Rea's father reminds me about the Professor who wrote a book called Alice in Wonderland. What the Professor did to his real life friend Alice is quite disturbing. Unlike the Professor, this guy seems to rule his country. If social workers and D.A. try to interfere his motive, they will probably disappear (Joking! Jodan! Jordan!).

Back to Rea, it's admirable that she can climb the cliff with high heels. It's some amazing skill.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 00:08   Link #251
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Poor Rea. Her so-called father is setting a perfect example of how NOT to be a father. I haven't read the manga, but I certainly hope he gets what he deserves.

Endless "Zed head" Soul
Old 2012-04-15, 03:43   Link #252
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Rea's father reminds me about the Professor who wrote a book called Alice in Wonderland. What the Professor did to his real life friend Alice is quite disturbing. Unlike the Professor, this guy seems to rule his country. If social workers and D.A. try to interfere his motive, they will probably disappear (Joking! Jodan! Jordan!).

Back to Rea, it's admirable that she can climb the cliff with high heels. It's some amazing skill.
Hey, Dodgson is a genius, don't insult him!

An anime about a girl attemping sucide and ending up as a zombie - damn, that's heavy.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:17   Link #253
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Gee, almost forgot about this thread

But even with one eye, I spy some zzzzzzettai now that's a school, full of zettai ryouiki girls, gah looks like I need to take up teaching in order to infiltrate er I mean gain access to that school

Since this seems to be my first time in the thread since the series started, I want to proclaim I am totally into this anime for Wanko-chan so cheerful and full of life, ah she can use my bath anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Great episdoe, truly. Rea is so damn cute, god damn. They did a good job there. Everything else flowed great too. They captured her father's creepiness well too... god I hate him.
That father of hers sure is a real bastard. I'll tell you why I hate this guy......... Sanka-papa, you got messed up priorities, man. You taking pics of your daughter, when you have a hot wife like Aria around? What's the matter with you, man? Aria has ten times the body of Rea, if I were you, I would make a whole bunch more Rea's with her! *runs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
lol, girls and their high heels always impress me the way they can walk on flat ground but yeah, on rocky terrain and cliffs? Definitely some skill, and did I hear that right, that she's done that on several occasions before? Surely all those night time excursions trained her well in that regard
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:47   Link #254
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
lol, girls and their high heels always impress me the way they can walk on flat ground but yeah, on rocky terrain and cliffs? Definitely some skill, and did I hear that right, that she's done that on several occasions before? Surely all those night time excursions trained her well in that regard
Probably why she has such fabulous-looking legs that just look awesome when she's in heels.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:10   Link #255
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
That father of hers sure is a real bastard. I'll tell you why I hate this guy......... Sanka-papa, you got messed up priorities, man. You taking pics of your daughter, when you have a hot wife like Aria around? What's the matter with you, man? Aria has ten times the body of Rea, if I were you, I would make a whole bunch more Rea's with her! *runs*
You bet. He really don't know how to set priorities. He can even take a picture of his wife while... Too bad, he's just using his wife as if she was just a house decoration. What a waste!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 19:38   Link #256
NaweG
Just some guy

In case the character design seems familiar to anyone else... yes, this is the same Mangaka as Ushio. Notice that one had a missing mom too...
Old 2012-04-15, 21:15   Link #257
mochichan

Well the step mom is like the typical evil bitchy stepmom :P
Tho it probably come from her being ignored by her husband who's obsess with his daughter so I feel bad for her.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:28   Link #258
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Well, she does seem to not care about Rea, would rather pay attention to her phone. Perhaps she's only there for the money the father has.

Endless "Gold diggers" Soul
Old 2012-04-15, 23:38   Link #259
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

If there's anything infuriating about Sankarea, it would be the viewers/fans. One moment they go "Oh hey, the father's totally an arse taking naked pictures of his daughter" and then they go ask for full-length pictures of it. What this anime, and most definitely the manga is doing is combining both child abuse and sexualization at the same time. Then what's the point in tackling child abuse in the first place if you're just gonna make the viewers imagine Naked Sanka Rea? I'd say its the fault of the material and the stupidity of people.

Otherwise though, Sankarea is good. As in REALLY GOOD. Maybe its the SHAFT influence or the fact that DEEN made sure this looks amazing. The directing is impeccable and they handle the manga (which has a lot of faults) with lots of care.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:18   Link #260
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
If there's anything infuriating about Sankarea, it would be the viewers/fans. One moment they go "Oh hey, the father's totally an arse taking naked pictures of his daughter" and then they go ask for full-length pictures of it. What this anime, and most definitely the manga is doing is combining both child abuse and sexualization at the same time. Then what's the point in tackling child abuse in the first place if you're just gonna make the viewers imagine Naked Sanka Rea? I'd say its the fault of the material and the stupidity of people.

Otherwise though, Sankarea is good. As in REALLY GOOD. Maybe its the SHAFT influence or the fact that DEEN made sure this looks amazing. The directing is impeccable and they handle the manga (which has a lot of faults) with lots of care.
I didn't read the whole thread but you got a point.

Anyway , currently i like this show. What a cliffhanger..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies