AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 00:49   Link #1041
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Chapter 2 was certainly a fun read, had me laughing pretty much all the way through the summaries Ayase still scares me ... I don't care how cute they try to make her, maybe its just because she oddly reminds me of Yuno for Mirai Nikki (why, I don't know) so I would be afraid of a dead Kosaka family ending with Ayase
I like a pretty girl who can take care of herself...

Hopefully in future volumes Kyousuke will develop some feelings for Ayase instead of just 'physical admiration' for her and we get a nice love polygon...

edit: Thx for the summary, Larethian!
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 01:39   Link #1042
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Thanks for the summary! x3

Spoiler for Dear mom...:
Old 2012-04-16, 01:58   Link #1043
Maugomale

Spoiler:
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 02:52   Link #1044
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Did the novel shed any more light on what exactly Kuroneko's plans are?
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 03:01   Link #1045
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Did the novel shed any more light on what exactly Kuroneko's plans are?
No. Kuroneko only have 3 appearances. First visit. Housewarming visit. And a short visit before the exams. This volume is more on Ayase than anything.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:07   Link #1046
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Spoiler:
My guess is we will get a comedy request to start (You guys can figure out what I am getting at I am sure ), well I could be totally wrong, I think he might ask to see what is in that box from way back when.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:06   Link #1047
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
My guess is we will get a comedy request to start (You guys can figure out what I am getting at I am sure ), well I could be totally wrong, I think he might ask to see what is in that box from way back when.
Your guess is as good as any. It's quite possible. But whatever is in it, it'll probably be resolved in the last or 2nd last volume.

Btw, I made 2 corrections after some checking. A typo -> "it was inconvenient for Kuroneko", not "convenient" (what I previously typed), and a misread due to fast reading, what Kyousuke and Daisuke assembled was the figure case, not the figurine. (*sorry*, I already refrained myself from speed-reading until the juicy parts, but still, I wanted to read it fast). Other than that, the rest should be more or less correct. Some stuff might be a little out of order (as I thought of it later as I was typing). Some lines/dialogue might be joined together or paraphrased, but the overall meaning or nuance should be the same as the original.

Feel free to correct my mistakes (as I have other LNs I need to clear ) if anyone spots any.
Old 2012-04-16, 12:43   Link #1048
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for volume 10 in brief:
Gonna have to disagree on Kuroneko's answer. I just reread that part and it definitely doesn't say "if that's what Kirino wants".

Here's what that part translates as,

Spoiler for Kuroneko's answer:

It's not if, she's certain that's what Kirino wants. Just saying. It's pretty obvious how Kirino feels about her brother (not going to argue about this). The last three books (vol 7~9) convinced me that much.

Quote:
My first comment is WTF is with Kyousuke becoming more and more like a harem lead!?
Ahaha. That's what I thought too. I was sure Ayase was gonna join in the fight after vol 9. But I sure as hell wasn't expecting both Kanako and Saori to as well. I can't really say I liked it, since it simply strikes me as blatant fanservice. OreImo has always tried to stay away from your typical harem storyline, which is why such a change in direction simply just boggles the mind.

Still, this book pretty much went where I thought it would (sans the harem turn). With how vol 9 ended with such a...misleading way, it was obvious Fushimi was going to start by trol- calming the mass while keeping those fans happy.

The first chapter was "Oh don't worry. I'm not going down THAT route. Ehehheh."
Then the second chapter was "But, what do I know? *shrug*"

It was, however, quite a surprise to see the "incest" references being toyed around so blatantly. In the past it was only at most hinted, mostly as an undertone...now it's used openly. Don't misunderstand me though. I'm talking about references/hints/ideas, not as in shipping. Like with Yoshino (their mother) in the entire book, Kuroneko's acceptance for incest, Kyousuke's "nightmare", etc. Just saying it was used quite a lot this time.

As for Ayase's confession, it's gonna fail, obviously. Kirino and Kuroneko would skin Kyousuke alive for breaking his promise. Still, there is a chance of it being, "Yes, I confessed, but I don't expect reciprocation."

I like how it ended, since readers will be dying to know Kirino's reaction to know she screwed up again (she did kinda shoved Ayase in that direction...simply because she thought Ayase was the least threatening among the group). Makes for good advertisement for vol 11.

If what the sources state are true, the next book would look into the Kousaka siblings' childhood, a major event that we've all been looking forward to. We all know those two were once close before entering this cold war. I'm going to make a wild guess and say that Manami had a decisive yet unintentional role in it.

As for pairings...

Although I'm pretty much all for a Kirino ending (no, it's not for the incest), I'd understand if it doesn't end that way. I don't like it, simply because they're siblings, but I'd understand.

Having said that, I still think Kirino has a fair chance. It's really up to the author. Heck, I wouldn't mind if he pulled the "non-blood-related" card. There are definitely hints that support - and at the same time, some that discourage - such a notion.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that Kirino's feelings goes beyond that of a bro-con, so I can definitely see a confession in the future. Kyousuke's feelings is pretty much any one's guess.

But I'm not going to argue about it, since it's pretty meaningless to do so. I mean, the author made their feelings/relationships muddled and controversial to begin with. I can definitely see why people would only see it as healthy sibling love, especially die-hard Kuroneko/Ayase fans, and I would've agreed before volume 7 came out. From then on, Fushimi really went a bit too far with the Kousaka siblings' relationship/interaction, and to top it off, their relationship can only get "worse/better", depending on how you see it.

Still, no matter what ending, you can be sure Kirino would still have the spotlight. So it doesn't matter which girl Kyousuke chooses, Kirino would still be the winner in my eyes.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
VVolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 12:49   Link #1049
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolf View Post
It's not if, she's certain that's what Kirino wants. Just saying. It's pretty obvious how Kirino feels about her brother (not going to argue about this). The last three books (vol 7~9) convinced me that much.
Quite the contrary, Ruri was BLUFFING, not stating a fact. The audience is Ayase, who considers herself to be above Ruri in relations to both Kirino and Kyousuke, and as such Ruri was hitting back by implying Ayase was actually the one underneath.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 12:56   Link #1050
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
As for pairings...

Although I'm pretty much all for a Kirino ending (no, it's not for the incest), I'd understand if it doesn't end that way. I don't like it, simply because they're siblings, but I'd understand.

Having said that, I still think Kirino has a fair chance. It's really up to the author. Heck, I wouldn't mind if he pulled the "non-blood-related" card. There are definitely hints that support - and at the same time, some that discourage - such a notion.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that Kirino's feelings goes beyond that of a bro-con, so I can definitely see a confession in the future. Kyousuke's feelings is pretty much any one's guess.

But I'm not going to argue about it, since it's pretty meaningless to do so. I mean, the author made their feelings/relationships muddled and controversial to begin with. I can definitely see why people would only see it as healthy sibling love, especially die-hard Kuroneko/Ayase fans, and I would've agreed before volume 7 came out. From then on, Fushimi really went a bit too far with the Kousaka siblings' relationship/interaction, and to top it off, their relationship can only get "worse/better", depending on how you see it.

Still, no matter what ending, you can be sure Kirino would still have the spotlight. So it doesn't matter which girl Kyousuke chooses, Kirino would still be the winner in my eyes.
Well. that is if there will be any ending like that.

By how things are going out, I think there won't be a final couple here. I mean, even though the title says "My little sister..." and so many people want to believe that that implies a final pairing between the siblings, we can understand that title as if Kirino will remain as a "little sister" until the end.

A agree with you about a whatever ending, since the story itself is pretty good. I think this will be like another Negima's ending, so if by any chance Fushimi-sensei give us a final couple in this series, that will be a great bonus for me

Still, I have this feeling of Manami being the last boss (can't explain though).
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 13:49   Link #1051
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Quite the contrary, Ruri was BLUFFING, not stating a fact. The audience is Ayase, who considers herself to be above Ruri in relations to both Kirino and Kyousuke, and as such Ruri was hitting back by implying Ayase was actually the one underneath.
That's two different things. You're talking about the validity of Kuroneko's words, I was simply using it to correct the "if" part in larethian's post.

As for your argument, I can definitely see your reasons for it (it makes sense, yes), as I have mine to think otherwise.

Let's leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Well. that is if there will be any ending like that.

By how things are going out, I think there won't be a final couple here. I mean, even though the title says "My little sister..." and so many people want to believe that that implies a final pairing between the siblings, we can understand that title as if Kirino will remain as a "little sister" until the end.

A agree with you about a whatever ending, since the story itself is pretty good. I think this will be like another Negima's ending, so if by any chance Fushimi-sensei give us a final couple in this series, that will be a great bonus for me

Still, I have this feeling of Manami being the last boss (can't explain though).
I actually didn't expect any form of incest when I picked up this series. The idea of KyousukexKirino came naturally to me solely because of their development. To me, it's definitely more than just sibling love, yet not quite into the taboo zone.

I think an open end is no longer possible now with this sudden plunge into harem territory. But who knows, we might even get multi-endings (jk).

Ahaha, everywhere I go, there's this talk about Manami as the final boss (as well as this "Kyousuke was adopted/picked up somewhere from the wilderness" buzz). It's plausible. She did confess in vol 8, yet has little to no real importance/impact in the recent novels. Vol 9 was the girls' time to take the spot light. Yet she barely made a appearance. You gotta wonder if she's just lying and waiting for the right moment.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:44   Link #1052
Mystic_Vegetto

Thanks for the write up Larethian. Anyway, regarding Vol. 11 now after reading ch. 2 and Larethian's write up:

Spoiler:

Also, Kyousuke said in ch. 2 that he had some of Kirino's Valentine's chocolates or something like that? Can someone explain that to me? I know Fushimi made some LN Side Stories or something, but I know absolutely nothing about them. I think there was another one where a Power Outage happens at the siblings home? Can someone explain/summarize these 2 stories? When it comes to the novels I only know about the Main Series and not any side stories.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 17:17   Link #1053
Maugomale

If I remember correctly, there was something about Kyousuke receiving chocolates in Valentine's Day in Kirino and Kuroneko's twitter. Maybe it's a reference to that
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 19:07   Link #1054
leorodri100

i also don't remember any of that...neither in the manga novel or in the psp or the drama-cd btw the ayase drama-cd is hillarious!
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 21:01   Link #1055
VVolf
夜空派

The "Recollections of Valentine's Day" story was a short side story (along with one more) that came with one of the Drama CDs.

Basically,
Spoiler for Recollections of Valentine's Day:

I forgot where the "House-sitting in a Thunderstorm" short story came from. But this is the gist of it.

Spoiler for House-sitting in a Thunderstorm:

Hope they're detailed enough.

There are a few other short stories as well.

Two stories came with the DVD/BD box set - "Recollection of the Fallen Angel", written from Kuroneko's POV; and "There's No Way I'd Seek Life Counseling from my Brother", obviously from Kirino's POV. Both stories took place early in the series. Kuroneko's story was before the first meeting with Saori's "All Together, Otaku Girls" net community; and Kirino's was basically chapter 1 of volume 1 written from her POV.

The Valentine's Day one also came with another story too, called "At A Certain Maid Cafe".

Basically,
Spoiler for At A Certain Maid Cafe:

The last story came with the first PSP game, I think. It's an ending for the game, an epilog if you will, about Kyousuke's life with his wife when he's older. Who you say? ...it never was specified. You can narrow it down to a handful of candidates, but it's also entirely possible that she's not among the OreImo cast.

That's all I think. I can make longer summaries for them if you like.

Old 2012-04-16, 21:26   Link #1056
larethian

Quote:
Gonna have to disagree on Kuroneko's answer. I just reread that part and it definitely doesn't say "if that's what Kirino wants".

Here's what that part translates as,

Spoiler for Kuroneko's answer:
Ah-haha, yes, I admit that I'm summarizing from memory mostly. But after referring back to the paragraph you translated, I apologize but I can't completely agree.

You replied to Sumeragi saying that she's referring to the validity of Kuroneko's statement and that you are correcting my 'if' part, but yet, you are bolding a different clause totally. No offense, but isn't that a little contradictory? You might be bolding that line to emphasize the context, but if that's the case, I prefer to look at the entire context then.
With regards to the clause I'm referencing from: 桐乃が望むのなら一番など喜んでやるわ。(which was the line that made more of an impression on me when I was writing it).
Rather than "nor would I have any issue with giving Kirino what she wants", I read that as "if it's something Kirino desires, I'll be most happy to grant her that".

EDIT: Come to think of it, it sounds like the same thing . But the validity does come into play then since it's part of the bigger context. So I'm more for interpreting it as still hypothetical example as a reader since Kuroneko's pretty heated up. It's hard to believe she means what she said (ie. being ok with Kyousuke having *** with Kirino). In fact, I don't think that any sane girl will mean such a thing. Yeah, the converse argument could be, Kuroneko is denpa and it's fiction, but oh well, whatever.

Regarding validity, remember Kuroneko is saying it in the heat of the moment. The previous sentence before those lines pretty much described her mental and emotional state triggered by Ayase and after making that declaration:
耳まで真っ赤に染まった黒猫は、はぁはぁと息を荒げながらも再度叫ぶ。
('Haah, haah', even as her breathing became heavier, Kuroneko, who was flushed all the way to her ears, yelled again.)

As to what Kirino really wants, I think it's up to the reader's interpretation. The missing link is what happened in the 'past'. I think until that thing surfaces, I don't think anything will be definite. However, my reasoning on my interpretation is simple. First we both can agree that the overall feel of the story has changed after Kirino comes back from America. But why I think what I think is because I believe Fushimi didn't start off with such an intention, and will keep to that. Even for this volume, he sort of pulled back Kuroneko's statement with the 'example' excuse. Many things have been done overboard but they weren't completely irreversible, that makes me feel that he will stick to what he planned, while spicing things up. His original goal was to write a reconciliation story on a pair of estranged siblings, using a setting and characterizations that are easily marketable and can sell. If he does change his goal, I'll honestly lose respect of him. While I'm averse to incestuous stories, I can accept fictional ones under certain circumstances, but not this one, since it loses all consistency with what I've been reading in the first few volumes, and not because I'm shipping for Kuroneko. A brocon siscon factor where a sibling wants to be number 1 in the other person's heart and not wanting him/her to get a partner is not something completely unnatural and unheard of (especially when they are still young) and does not need to have a romantic meaning attached between them. But I do agree with you that he has gone a little too far in their interactions.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-04-17 at 01:16.
Old 2012-04-16, 21:26   Link #1057
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Nice, VVolf. Wish I could listen to that valentine bit.

Just rewatched parts of the anime; man, Ayase is a LONG way off from where Kuroneko is.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 21:49   Link #1058
Mystic_Vegetto

Thanks VVolf for letting us know what went down in those side stories. They sound really awesome. If you want to write a longer summary, that's up to you. I won't force you or anything. I'm wondering if maybe 1 of those stories might make it into season 2 of the anime? Would be nice if you think about it.

But wait, you said "One of the Drama CD's"...I thought there was only 1 though? Was there another Drama CD that they released?
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 22:38   Link #1059
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

OK, now this is just me babbling nonsense but thing is I've just GOT to get this out in the open...

...Anyway, now this is just me doing another mad speculation...but I keep getting "imouto-vibes" from Ayase...who here think it's possible she's actually adopted and that Kyousuke is her real brother?

Now here's why:

1) First I've got to talk about the Kousaka siblings. As the main heroine of the series I still think Kirino has a huge chance of ending up with Kyousuke in a romantic sense, despite people saying that the teases between them are simply that: teases. (very cruel teases...) They can promise their parents anything they want but do a few turning points and poof their promise to be normal siblings only to their parents is broken beyond repair. However; I also acknowledge the fact that a romantic end between them would be extremely difficult to pull off....

...IF they were blood-related.

Going for the not-blood siblings route saves the story some drama. As of this writing I just can't see this becoming an us against the world kind of story...OreImo is just not that kind of story. It might, they like each other well enough and a few pushes might turn it over there where Kyousuke will be able to say he loves Kirino despite their biological connection...But I have a feeling they won't have to go through that.

Since, right now I'm getting a feeling that Kyousuke and Kirino aren't actually brother and sister.

For one thing their parents reactions struck me as strange. It could of course mean the opposite of what I say: the fact that Daisuke is cool as a cucumber could mean that he's confident that nothing forbidden is happening between his two children despite their affinity for incest-themed eroge and that they are simply as he says siblings who naturally get along as per his expectations...

...or Daisuke could be planning something...something that his wife would disapprove of; something that a daughter-con like him might approve ; something that gives some reason to his considerably soft request of Kyousuke some logic, and since he said he's the clearest guy in the entire family...he may be setting things up for a favorable outcome.

My guess is this: Kyousuke and Kirino are, like the PSP game suggested, cousins rather than siblings. Think about it: they usually get told that they don't really look alike; it allows the main heroine to get the chosen girl position and the story avoids an incest scandal and unbecoming drama.

Now for point 2) :

Ayase.

Ayase has been attracted to Kyousuke ever since she first saw him; likewise with Kyousuke. I don't really like citing GSA for this but I'm just saying it could be. She's probably the only girl in the series who Kyousuke had strong feelings for at the start of their introduction and come to think of it...don't they vaguely look alike? XD There's also the healing effect she gives off; the fact that she has black hair AND is neat and tidy and also, come on...she's basically acting like a surrogate younger sister for Kyousuke while Kirino is away...complete with hair clips!

I'm just saying, what if Kyousuke was adopted and really DID have a younger sister but something happened and both their parents died. Now a close relative(the Kousaka's, possibly) comes to the rescue but have enough resources to take in only one them-possibly a boy they already know...and they raise him as their own son.

....again, my apologies-I'm probably VERY wrong here^^But really I can't help myself. And right now I can't help but think that the tragic end will not be reserved for Kirino...but for Ayase.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 22:55   Link #1060
Sumeragi
Banned

To use the jokes over at the To Aru forum: Holy Crack!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings