AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 42 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 41.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-11, 21:05   Link #141
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
A lot of the discussion could be summed up in what Oreki told him at the end of the episode.

"You're good at what you do, but you need to work on how you do it."

Maybe it's this comment what ended pushing him to call Mayaka.
Satoshi: "I thought playing hard to get would worked...!!!"
Old 2012-09-11, 21:51   Link #142
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Honestly, I really can't fault Satoshi for how he handled the initial chocolate rejection. He had no good options there, at least in his own mind.
Well, you've persuaded me that the first rejection might have been an ambush, and Satoshi can't be blamed too much for not coming up with the best reply while thinking on his feet. That first scene with a furious Mayaka was hilarious for everyone except for Satoshi.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:34   Link #143
kitten320

As I though it was Satoshi.

I can kinda understand Satoshi but does he really plan to keep it up like that until he dies?

I doubt it. He considers Mayaka to be good for him so if he won't act now he will lose her forever.

Ah well, humans are stupid.
Old 2012-09-12, 10:35   Link #144
rulfo

I wonder if there was any reason in particular why Mayaka changed her hairstyle.

Both Oreki and Satoshi didn't(except they grew a little bit longer).

I really like her old hairstyle than now. Even though it's not as distinct as the current.
Old 2012-09-12, 14:24   Link #145
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I also think that Satoshi was a bit surprised at how strongly Chitanda reacted to it, which probably left him feeling guilty (hence the call to Mayaka).
If you notice, Satoshi was genuinely surprised when Oreki said he'll stay to help Chitanda out so he very definitely didn't expect the excruciatingly long guilt trip that followed right after.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Brilliant episode.
Old 2012-09-12, 15:03   Link #146
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I also think that Satoshi was a bit surprised at how strongly Chitanda reacted to it, which probably left him feeling guilty (hence the call to Mayaka).
Few fans have already touched up on the kind of relatioship Satoshi and Mayaka are into even before this episode aired. This episode simply clarified on what's the hurdle that needs to be got over before this relationship can work. It's pretty much the awkward way they are communicating, mostly stemming from what they feel they are lacking individually. Those two will be alright, and I think pretty much written-in-stone that those two will hook up eventually. So, which is why I don't think Satoshi is calling Mayaka out of guilt from how Chitanda reacted. Satoshi knew that Mayaka would realize almost instantly, and Mayaka knew as soon as she walked into the room. What they, both, didn't expect on how Chitanda would react. While they both felt guilty, they will still need to resolve that stalemate of their relationship not out of guilt for Chitanda, but because they would want to. It was pretty much Oreki's point to Satoshi when he said what he said.....

What we've really learned from this episode is that anyone who makes friend with Chitanda can count on her support without any reservation, that she will be there for them thick and thin. And that every person can call themselves lucky to make such friend. As for Oreki.... that lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
A lot of the discussion could be summed up in what Oreki told him at the end of the episode.

"You're good at what you do, but you need to work on how you do it."

Maybe it's this comment what ended pushing him to call Mayaka.
Exactly!
Old 2012-09-12, 16:28   Link #147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

What we've really learned from this episode is that anyone who makes friend with Chitanda can count on her support without any reservation, that she will be there for them thick and thin. And that every person can call themselves lucky to make such friend. As for Oreki.... that lucky bastard!
Everyone can be her friend; but it takes someone special to NOT receive chocolate from her
Old 2012-09-13, 04:12   Link #148
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I noticed something so I go check Kanon. The snow there were soft-edge white sphere while in this episode it's actually looks like snowflakes, complete with asymmetric shape that can rotate. Pretty impressive how far they've come IMO.
Old 2012-09-14, 13:04   Link #149
ginger02

I just started watching Hyouka randomly but I really love it, and i think this was my favorite episode so far. I liked everything about it, and it is pretty intense for an episode revolving around a piece of chocolate.
Old 2012-09-14, 15:53   Link #150
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Everyone can be her friend; but it takes someone special to NOT receive chocolate from her
Well she is from a rich family.It's prob to make sure that no one takes advantage of them. Like expecting an expensive gift because she is rich.
Old 2012-09-14, 16:53   Link #151
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well she is from a rich family.It's prob to make sure that no one takes advantage of them. Like expecting an expensive gift because she is rich.
I've not read the novels, but from the novels thread, my impression is that the author intends at least to take the story through college. Considering where Oreki and Chitanda are going, I assume what can drive the plot for such a long period of time is the two figuring out how they can be together, in light of Chitanda's family status. Oreki strikes me as from comparatively humble origins, and I wonder if there could be some real complications here that need to be worked out.
Old 2012-09-14, 16:57   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because of Valentine? How would that work?

I think it just has to do with her family being old fashioned. And maybe they want some control over who she's going to date.
Old 2012-09-14, 20:46   Link #153
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Because of Valentine? How would that work?
Well...for example there's chocolate then there is Godiva.

http://www.godiva.com/welcome.aspx

Then there's birthdays, Christmas... it can get expensive. She can be taken advantage of in the gift dept. esp during Secret Santa.

For every inexpensive gift, there is always an expensive alternative.
Old 2012-09-15, 04:08   Link #154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, but I don't get how you expect people to pressure her into buying expensive gifts. It's much more likely she'd thoughtlessly buy whatever she'd buy for herself which, yes, may or may not be on a level higher than most high school students. But that's not a big deal.
Closed Thread