AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 46 45.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 36.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.96%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 17:50   Link #41
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Actually Shirashi is the saving grace of the anime for me. His antics are funny as hell. I am more annoyed with Haruhisque references or more like self masturbation which is done way too much in this anime especially in episode 16.

Second funny factor is Konata's father.
Old 2007-07-30, 19:18   Link #42
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Ohh, Cats Eye! Classic serie, but never made it to Argentina thats why I didnt cacht the reference at first.
Old 2007-07-30, 20:17   Link #43
takumi2k4

WTH? I saw some subs just minutes ago, speedsubs I think, and definitely not afk.

Anyways,

Kagamin FTW!

I loved the character development here, but I loved it when Yuu-chan was playing with the Wii!! Wii!! She looks so adorable as she's trying out the many ways to play with the Wii-mote.

I guess Konata got a Wii for her birthday, man I'd love to get one too, too bad it's still sold out here in the US.
Old 2007-07-30, 20:45   Link #44
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
WTH? I saw some subs just minutes ago, speedsubs I think, and definitely not afk.
Hrmm… I think I'll check it out.
Quote:
Anyways,

Kagamin FTW!

I loved the character development here, but I loved it when Yuu-chan was playing with the Wii!! Wii!! She looks so adorable as she's trying out the many ways to play with the Wii-mote.

I guess Konata got a Wii for her birthday, man I'd love to get one too, too bad it's still sold out here in the US.
In terms of the Wii, the situation isn't any better in Japan. I'm just glad I got mine at launch(in Canada).

I'm not sure what game they're playing though, perhaps a Virtual Console game?
Old 2007-07-30, 20:56   Link #45
BOZZY

Quote:
I noticed them too, sadly there seems to be a bit of a problem downloading the episode...
Old 2007-07-30, 21:24   Link #46
takumi2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY View Post
I noticed them too, sadly there seems to be a bit of a problem downloading the episode...
What problem?

I didn't encounter any problems when I was downloading it...

And the thing is legit, no joke subs whatsoever, so go grab it if ya can't wait for afk's.

I'll be keeping afk's for them quality subs though

EDIT:

Just got done watching those subs...

They're surprisingly good for speedsubs!

I can't comment on the translation until afk puts their's out but it was pretty good.

My only complaint is the quality of the subs, the font colors were a bit rough but they're still readable.

And now for a bit of trivia:

EDIT #2:

The two girls who are inside the bus that Shiraishi is chasing are Tsukasa's and Akira's seiyuu respectively.

Kaori Fukuhara(Tsukasa) is the one on the left with the blue dress, and Hiromi Konno(Akira) is the one on the right with the white dress.

Kaori Fukuhara:

Hiromi Konno:

Big thanks go out to Kritios for pointing out my mistake!

Last edited by takumi2k4; 2007-07-31 at 10:17.
Old 2007-07-30, 22:52   Link #47
Meophist

I watched the sub and I didn't notice any translation problems. It seemed good overall. There were some thing I would rather've been translated differently, but that's common with all subs. No song lyrics, but that's not a big deal.
Old 2007-07-31, 00:24   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The "Guerrand" sub seems good to me. I've watched half of it, and haven't seen anything I thought was wrong, and have seen some neat ways of conveying things. The English is fairly natural-sounding, too. Good job.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-31, 02:48   Link #49
Reihn
Yuri Vision Activate!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Reihn
I felt sad for Konata's dad and the others (T_T ) AND they were working so hard for it too!!!

LOL

Oh and the pokemon bit made me laugh too!

Oooh and yes.

Kagamin really knows how to puch Konata's buttons. ( ^w^)/
Old 2007-07-31, 06:11   Link #50
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
1. Couldn't properly hear what Tsukasa-chan's first career choice is, but her second choice is fashion and her third is marketing. (Imagines Tsukasa-chan making her own brand of designer clothings...... )
If i were not wrong, Tsukasa's first choice is 営養学科, which should be nutrition science or dietetics.
Old 2007-07-31, 06:43   Link #51
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
Don't sweat it man. Things tend to get ignored on the Internets since information flies way too fast.

Speaking of Cat's Eye, I need more episodes! I only have about 6 fansubbed episodes of this series. But of course, if it's licensed in the U.S., please ignore my request.
I found it interesting that Lucky Star features a parody of Cat's Eye and it nearly coincides with the US release (conspiracy theorists, start your paranoia! ): AnimeOnDVD.com Review of Cat's Eye Vol. 1

Official Press Release: Broadcast and DVD Release of Orguss, Nobody's Boy Remi and Cat's Eye coming from ImaginAsian
Old 2007-07-31, 08:02   Link #52
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kagami episode... yummy.

And I guess I'm one of the few that still loves Shiraishi. I was laughing all the way through the ED. XD

And Anime Tenchou is gone! W00T! If it was anyone that was tiring, it would've been him for me.

I actually don't mind Guerrand's subs. For a 36 hour job, it's pretty darn good.

OT
WTF? Cat's eye has been licensed? God, I'm always the last one to know of these things. *runs off to buy his copy, hoping stores around him has it*

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-07-31, 09:42   Link #53
Kritios

Quote:
The two girls who are inside the bus that Shiraishi is chasing are Tsukasa's and Kagami's seiyuu respectively.
Just a small correction: It's actually Tsukasa and Akira's voice actors -- check the ED credits, or photos of Akira's actress.
Old 2007-07-31, 10:11   Link #54
takumi2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritios View Post
Just a small correction: It's actually Tsukasa and Akira's voice actors -- check the ED credits, or photos of Akira's actress.
Ahh, my mistake!

Is it just me or do both Hiromi Konno and Emiri Katou look similar? I swear, they really look the same!

But in any case, thanks for the correction! I'll edit it promptly.
Old 2007-07-31, 11:47   Link #55
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

JUst watched ep17 in its entirety. Anisawa's "burning passion" made me ROFL!!!
Old 2007-07-31, 11:54   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow i liked this ep quite a bit :3 highlight for me has to be the "sit com" like event where kagami gets mad at her sister ~ next up doing the silent treatment and ending with a kiss and a hug (not literally) ~ its is actually an accurate reflextion on my family (and others as well im sure) which make it all the more appealing :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-31, 11:54   Link #57
SatanicZero

great to hear that shiraishi is back...i prefer his endings...it never fail to make me laugh...

good old lucky channel...
Old 2007-07-31, 14:16   Link #58
Teiran
NPC
*Author

I enjoyed this much more than I'd expected to. Some of the material in the previous episode fell flat for me, but everything seemed to click this week. Huge props for the Hiiragi sisters' scene; other than a certain piece of music feeling too austere for the mood, I found it beautifully done and touching. I think this is the fourth week in a row that we've seen Matsuri and Inori, and I can't complain.

Actually, every sisterly interaction in this episode gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Yutaka cheering Yui up with a cup of tea; Tsukasa greeting Kagami when she comes home from the store and riding out with her to buy the ingredients for dinner... and even though there's no blood relation involved, you can throw in Minami's adorable memory of tugging furtively at Miyuki's clothes (they're even wearing matching outfits).

Quick hits:

Konata's ability to name every single Pokémon borders on artistry--there are nearly five hundred now.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Miyuki gets mistaken for an OL.

Poor Tsukasa; sometimes it's better not to know just what's lurking in the refrigerator.

I had genuine laughs at the Shiraishi ED. I don't think this quite beats the shock factor of "Ore no Wasuremono," but I found it pretty funny.

---

Lots of people seem to have confirmed the Cat's Eye reference on the bus (thanks to Xiaolang for that). I think I can identify the other fictional premise that Konata dreams up for the Hiiragi clan, because that bit about four daughters and a mother waiting for a father's return in the olden days of America sounds a lot like Little Women to me.

At first I was kind of iffy on this--she doesn't read books, as this episode shows, so how would she know that story? But when I found out about the anime adaptations from the 80s, it started making a whole lot of sense. With Kona-chan being the particular brand of otaku that she is, I figure the odds are pretty good that she's seen one or both of those.

---

@ below: Heh, I fail as a trainer. I put in my share of play time with Blue ages ago when it was first released in NA, but skipped every subsequent iteration and spinoff until Pearl. My memory and my Pokédex both have gaping holes, it would appear.

Last edited by Teiran; 2007-08-06 at 02:44. Reason: unspoilering
Old 2007-07-31, 14:56   Link #59
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post
Spoiler for my thoughts, based on the Guerrand subs:
I don't really think so. I could name a vast majority of them myself. Still not too used to the new ones but it's been out in Japan for a much longer time.
Old 2007-07-31, 15:05   Link #60
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
If you play the games, it's not too difficult to memorize all the names since you see them over and over. The ones that don't appear all the time are legendary, and you get those even quicker. I played Yellow, Silver, Gold, and Crystal; even now years later, I still have all of them memorized.
Closed Thread