AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 19:04   Link #7941
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Generally that would be considered wrong in raids due to Resilience no longer giving you nothing again mobs and bosses.
It never did.

Quote:
and he was was a paladin in WRATH.
Why did you capitalize Wrath like it was hard to be a paladin tank at that time? That was quite possibly the easiest time to be a paladin tank.

Quote:
Verse the mountains of undead, he could probably have gone naked and still held aggro until the dps knocked them all down.
Tanks don't wear pvp gear for survival, not aggro.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 19:56   Link #7942
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Gearing is easy in Pandaria...

All the rep vendors have 489s. 2 world bosses dropping 496s. The LFR bosses are virtually guarantees to drop your 476s and even LFR will drop the legendary requirements for the legendary weapon.

It's never been more accomodating for casuals. I don't raid but my ilvl is only a tad behind my raiding friends.

I have only one complaint about Pandaria - screw PvP. Utterly unbalanced load of crap.
Old 2012-10-15, 20:31   Link #7943
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I have only one complaint about Pandaria - screw PvP. Utterly unbalanced load of crap.
Well there goes any chance of me returning back to the game. I know people say WoW isn't about the PvP and that it is more of a pass time thing in wow. But it was my thing after I stopped serious PvE
Old 2012-10-15, 20:44   Link #7944
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

When double Destro Warlock can 2.2k with ease, says plenty. 400k burst froma single lock in 2 spells? Yeah, that's fair...
Old 2012-10-15, 21:46   Link #7945
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Well 2v2 doesn't really matter, but I am sure Destro warlock x2 with shaman is pretty easy and can get to 2.2k and stay around that rating.

Why I left WoW was probably due to me draining myself for gladiator. But even back then stupid combo's were around like holy paladin, warrior and feral druid instantly killing my healer.
Thinking about playing arena again frustrates me
Old 2012-10-16, 00:00   Link #7946
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

LS, you must have all the luck I haven't gotten anything from LFR yet.

Quote:
Well, the Season hasn't started and Healers are angry that they aren't godmode like they were in Cata.
I've always been of the mind if the healer is bomb healing themselves they SHOULD survive, especially if it's to the exclusion of all else (against 1-2 people at least). There are plenty of ways to stun and interrupt heals in this game. DPS just want to be able to two shot faceroll so they can feel all big about themselves, well healers want to be able to survive that damage, same thing just reversed. If they can't then what's the point of coming, may as well make PVP DPS roles only. No one wants to use any form of strategy anymore, this game isn't and shouldn't be an FPS twitch game like Battlefield, but some DPS want that for some stupid reason. (no, im not saying that the healer should be able to tank the entire opposing team like Sorcerers could for a while in SWTOR)

Also, for PVP gear, the PVP power and stuff isn't included in the item budget, its just tacked on so the gear can be used reasonably well in PVE as well.

Friend and I have been farming up old instances for gear sets the last few days, been doing dailies a fair bit to. It's not to bad. Monk healing is interesting, been doing that quite a bit, even though I was originally going to play Enh Shaman this expac... way to get side tracked.
Old 2012-10-16, 02:51   Link #7947
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
LS, you must have all the luck I haven't gotten anything from LFR yet.
Funny you mention that. 2nd run of LFR - only 28.5g every time, heh. No runes either. I'd prefer the luck from the 2nd half of Mogu'shan Vaults coming to LFR this week, anyway. However on the weekend, I did score a 496 belt from my first Galleon kill. Still nothing but 28.5g whenever I do Sha of Anger, though.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:05   Link #7948
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

PvP is pretty messed up. I'm fine with doing random BGs with my friends at the moment, though, so it's not all that bad since I'm playing a shadow priest. Too bad they gutted Disc (not compared to end of Cata god mode). Disc was what I pretty much played in since January in BGs/in 2s with a mage. Oh well. If they nerf Shadow maybe they'll buff Disc and I'll just change back.

Being a DPS in BGs offers a nice change of pace, though.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-10-16 at 07:35.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 18:34   Link #7949
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Shadowpriest and frost mages in Wrath, any warriors horror.
Old 2012-10-16, 18:53   Link #7950
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I apologise for the freshmen question: how worthwhile is it to give Mists of Pandaria a trial if I primarily wish to explore the Wandering Isles? Thanks in advance
Old 2012-10-17, 02:02   Link #7951
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Ex-hardcore progression raider. Warrior/DK/Monk/Paladin tank.

On raids:
I actually think they did a pretty good job this time round with the raids. Will of the Emperor's dance is really fun!

I hate how I cannot see myself during the elegon fight... blending in with the environment somewhat gives me a small sense of discomfort.

Feng's dps shard allows me to top dps easily when used properly.

Some thought on tanking:
There are few cases where tanking really mattered in the past. For the most part it involve kiting stuff, maybe rotating cooldowns and using them at the right time... staying alive and THREAT! Because how fast a boss dies, for a long time has to do with how much threat you can push out.

This xpac removed the threat portion of tanking (at least right now I have absolutely no problem with it even though I know I am not playing optimal at times). At first I thought, wow... this job is now so easy.... maybe not...

In raids blizzard has decided to give tanks more stuff to worry about:
1) Our damage matters: A poorly played character will do significantly less damage than a well played one. I heard having high dps tanks on Elegon will help with the enrage timer a lot!
2) We have other jobs beside taunting. Feng introduce crystals which allow tanks to be a crucial role in the fight. Spiritbinder gives tanks a chance to use their high DPS to help clear spirits in the shadow realm.

I really like Magushan Vaults.

Unfortunately I am stuck using LFR with my guildies. My guild struggles to find (competent) healers for normal modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I apologise for the freshmen question: how worthwhile is it to give Mists of Pandaria a trial if I primarily wish to explore the Wandering Isles? Thanks in advance
I do not think it is worth it. I believe you can try it with a scroll of resurrection and make any pandaren - you just cannot roll a monk.

PM me with email if you want a scroll.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 05:19   Link #7952
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The thing that ticks me off most about the current state of PvP is the extreme elitism surrounding it. It's now being treated as exclusive territory. On Frostmourne, if you haven't previously earned a 2.2k rating in either Arena or Rated Battlegrounds, people simply don't want to have anything to do with you. Yet with raids, that doesn't exist - people will take on randoms and let them learn. So...why the hell would I want to PvP if it's filled with aloof pricks who look down upon the rest of humanity? No thank you...

Scored a weapon from Vault of Mysteries LFR. Spending a charm on Elegon netted me a wand, which thus secures the hardest to fill slot with an epic very quickly. I've already done Cloud Serpent and Tillers to Exalted. This week, Anglers, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus will also be done to Exalted. Shado-Pan to Reverred will be done in 2 days, securing me the weapon enchants. However, August Celestials is painfully slow - nearly another 2 weeks just to hit Reverred...

The raid fights in Mogu'shan Vaults are good. They are a lot more enticing that Blackwing Descent and Obsidian Sanctum were. Feng and Elegon will be the blocks on normal, simply due to the healing strain. Clogs and I were chatting today about the worst things we've seen in LFR so far. I offered him an LFR raid where only 4 people (including myself) did over 30k dps (I did 50k) on the 4th boss of Vaults. He offered me a hunter he saw do 19k across several fights. I told him about one I saw do 13k. Thank flock loot is personalised now - you'd hate to lose loot to clowns like that.

But yeah, out of Sha and the two LFR raids, only the wand this week, even with using 4 charms. So I can back up what Clogs said - loot is flukey. I was just very damn lucky with that first run of Guardians I did.

The daily grinds are fine. Generally people will want to team up. Just ask in the zone chat and you'll get quick replies. They are worth it for free 489s at Exalted as well as the ones available via VP and profession perks. Some take 2 weeks, some take a month. But they do have benefits worth the time. And being able to avoid doing heroic dungeons is something I like - those quickly lost their allure.
Old 2012-10-17, 06:06   Link #7953
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The thing that ticks me off most about the current state of PvP is the extreme elitism surrounding it. It's now being treated as exclusive territory. On Frostmourne, if you haven't previously earned a 2.2k rating in either Arena or Rated Battlegrounds, people simply don't want to have anything to do with you. Yet with raids, that doesn't exist - people will take on randoms and let them learn. So...why the hell would I want to PvP if it's filled with aloof pricks who look down upon the rest of humanity? No thank you...
Totally agree with you, many of my friends who were in the top 100 for the battle group(Misery) only took players with 2.2k+ or higher. For me it wasn't about the ratings. I looked for a person who is willing to learn and has a good understanding of the class he/she is playing. It may of been easier on me if I just found someone with the same ratings as me for arena, but they are usually horrible (can't have a laugh with them) and elitist like you said.
Old 2012-10-17, 06:15   Link #7954
Gundamx

all pvp gear have same state as pve gear + pvp power & resilience
eg:
pve gear will have stamina + int + spirit ( for my class) + mastery...etc
pvp gear will have same state + pvp power & pvp resilience
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 18:38   Link #7955
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Patch 5.1 sounds like it will have World PVP in mind in Pandaria. Sounds like an in-world Battleground that just continues on like a mix between old AV and the Tarren Mills v Southshores Wars.
Old 2012-10-17, 20:19   Link #7956
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Patch 5.1 sounds like it will have World PVP in mind in Pandaria. Sounds like an in-world Battleground that just continues on like a mix between old AV and the Tarren Mills v Southshores Wars.
Will it really live up to those old battles though?

What I enjoy about those raids in Hillsbrad was that you needed Tarren Mills/ Southshores to go to SM which was the easiest place to farm gold , so lots of level 60's would go there. But with this new World PvP is the incentive to do daily's or is it just for the PvP.
Old 2012-10-17, 21:15   Link #7957
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All I know is what the patch notes say:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/754...oon-10_11_2012
Old 2012-10-17, 22:04   Link #7958
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Last night, LFR, guildie got 5 items, no coins spent. I got one but spent 5 coins as well. QQ. Friend got two of the same caster trinket.

Mmm all finicky stuff.

I noticed also on the opposite side of the coin, my healing is crazy. Anywhere between 40-60k HPS, seem to do easy 10% more healing than others. Only had Shaman come close with healing rains. Monks seem quite suited to current healing on the surface, but scratching that q bit it doesn't feel all that controllable especially in AE situations. It worries me seeing the raid health in a weird fluctuations, with my HoT only on something like 1/3 to half the raid. And not being able to take care of the rest outside of a long CD skill. Overall it's a very odd healing style... Fluid but chaotic I guess.
Old 2012-10-17, 22:13   Link #7959
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't know about other classes right now, but Warlocks look like they are still rather self sufficient when it comes to healing. While I've not really done much yet, the only things that have killed me so far are town guards I ran into by mistake in Ashvale, and nearly killed myself when I forgot to turn off the flaming speed boost skill. Because I have that skill I decided I don't need Nitro Boot tinker anymore and went with the belt healing potion tinker instead so I don't need to carry healing potions at this time. I'll probably switch back to the the INT boosting glove tinker later, but for now I got the rocket gloves just to extend my range by 10 yards...even if it only does about 2k damage. Haven't even tried the bolt throwing gun either and it does 10k+ damage, but then my Fel Flame does about 7k-8k damge normally, while things like Chaos Bolt do 75k.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:08   Link #7960
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
All I know is what the patch notes say:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/754...oon-10_11_2012
Oh right sorry I thought you were stating it ^^

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows