AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 22:54   Link #61
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I wonder when Luffy will ever fall in love, I dont mean with the Sea, I mean a crush It would be nice but, since I think Luffy deserves it

I do think that we need a girl who is cute and falls in love with Luffy, just for fun
Spoiler for Current Arc:
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 01:22   Link #62
seiji_kun

Quote:
I wonder when Luffy will ever fall in love, I dont mean with the Sea, I mean a crush It would be nice but, since I think Luffy deserves it

I do think that we need a girl who is cute and falls in love with Luffy, just for fun
I always thougth he had a male crush for Shanks. Joking obviously cause Luffy is like one of my gods.
Old 2008-11-13, 10:43   Link #63
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I always thougth he had a male crush for Shanks. Joking obviously cause Luffy is like one of my gods.
But that would make a lot of sense... I mean, the Hat, man.. He went out on his journey because of Shanks, and continues to wear Shank's hat after all this time....There may be more truth to that fact than you realise.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 15:01   Link #64
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:

I don't think romance will ever really be a key role in the story. At least not till it's all over and Luffy is the Pirate King.

Personally, I always liked Nami for that. I remember that in the original one shot for One Piece it started off with just Luffy and Nami meeting.
She's also always been the one person he's trusted his straw hat with and she's pretty much in charge of the ship anyways. Most of the time she's more like the captain then Luffy is.
There was the time Luffy came to the rescue back on Sky Island when Nami was pretending to go along with Enel. She was so happy to see Luffy arrive she was in tears, in the anime version.

I do remember during the Thriller Bark arc, after Nami ditched the wedding gown, her shirt was a pirate skull decorated with a Queen's crown. Kind of like the Pirate Queen.
Spoiler:

I did notice something funny in these most recent manga chapters. With Luffy on that Amazon island. In the past Luffy always reacted to Nami's breasts, but no reaction at all to Boa's.
Spoiler for Luffy's reactions to Nami's body:

I think I read something by Oda that Luffy is still a healthy young man.
I'm really curious where Nami went to.

Can you image the horror of it all if Sanji finds out where Luffy was?
Old 2008-11-13, 17:31   Link #65
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Exactly, Sanji should have gone to that place, even though he would have been ripped to shreds by his morals and principles.

And yes, I have stated before that Luffy has shown no real desire for anyone, except for Nami.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 11:15   Link #66
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Spoiler for chapter 522:
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 13:07   Link #67
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
Spoiler for chapter 522:
522 is out and translated?
Well, this much was obvious with the ending of the last chap, he's the first descent, caring male she's met about as far as she cares to remember.

Oddly enough, this kind of brings back her "crewmate potential" in my eyes.
Old 2008-11-14, 20:00   Link #68
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Many of the mangas I read, I get on OneManga.com

Usually Naruto, Bleach and One Piece come out either on Tuesday night or Friday around noon
( W)
Old 2008-11-14, 20:13   Link #69
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Many of the mangas I read, I get on OneManga.com

Usually Naruto, Bleach and One Piece come out either on Tuesday night or Friday around noon
Tuesday? You mean thursday, right? I can't ever remember anything being well, you know before wednesday...
(BTW, we're not supposed to discuss that.)
Old 2008-11-14, 20:40   Link #70
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Tuesday? You mean thursday, right? I can't ever remember anything being well, you know before wednesday...
(BTW, we're not supposed to discuss that.)
You're right, sorry
( W)
Old 2008-11-15, 14:16   Link #71
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
You're right, sorry
But for the record, I prefer mangafox.
As for luffy: What do y'all think about this "king's disposition" haki?
Old 2008-11-15, 15:52   Link #72
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
I think it gives him a good defense against Blackbeard's Black Hole abilities. I mean seriously, we've already seen that Ace cannot defeat him, so Luffy needs his own ACE up his sleeve.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 15:57   Link #73
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
I think it gives him a good defense against Blackbeard's Black Hole abilities. I mean seriously, we've already seen that Ace cannot defeat him, so Luffy needs his own ACE up his sleeve.
True, but what of it's capacities? We know Haki manifests in different ways for different people. How do y'all figure this will work-out for Luffy?
Old 2008-11-21, 09:45   Link #74
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
True, but what of it's capacities? We know Haki manifests in different ways for different people. How do y'all figure this will work-out for Luffy?
Ragnar, my friend, you've played Marcos' strategy game Rome: Total War right?

Think of Luffy's Haki like a barbarian war-cry, it serves two purposes: Rallying your troops and petrifying the enemy.

In terms of RPG's, it's both a friendly status boost and an enemy status ailment.
At least that's what we've seen so far, who knows just where Oda plans to take this what with the true monsters soon to appear in the New World.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-11-21, 10:27   Link #75
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Ragnar, my friend, you've played Marcos' strategy game Rome: Total War right?

Think of Luffy's Haki like a barbarian war-cry, it serves two purposes: Rallying your troops and petrifying the enemy.

In terms of RPG's, it's both a friendly status boost and an enemy status ailment.
At least that's what we've seen so far, who knows just where Oda plans to take this what with the true monsters soon to appear in the New World.
Well, it's hardly as deadly as i would've expected, but a nice trait for Luffy to have, nonetheless.
I'd like to seee how he plans on working it in conjunction with his DF abilities.
Old 2008-11-21, 12:23   Link #76
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Well, it's hardly as deadly as i would've expected, but a nice trait for Luffy to have, nonetheless.
I'd like to seee how he plans on working it in conjunction with his DF abilities.
Think like you're playing an RPG, a creative person like you could think of a few answers.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-11-21, 12:26   Link #77
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Think like you're playing an RPG, a creative person like you could think of a few answers.
All I could think of would be something along the lines of a slingshot... Turns his enemies into ammo, and Usopp launches them from his arms.
Old 2008-11-21, 12:32   Link #78
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
All I could think of would be something along the lines of a slingshot... Turns his enemies into ammo, and Usopp launches them from his arms.
Fill Luffy up with helium and wa-la: a propaganda war balloon!

Old 2008-11-21, 12:39   Link #79
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Fill Luffy up with helium and wa-la: a propaganda war balloon!
Alright, I'll grant you that one; with robin handing out the flyers.
Old 2008-11-21, 12:47   Link #80
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Oh! You mean you want to think up new attacks for Luffy! I thought you only wanted Haki-related stuff!

Well, in that case, and I'll actually use Haki in this situation, maybe Luffy could find a way to make himself "super-elastic" so that blunt attacks literally bounce back at enemies...

"Gomu Gomu no... Wabolfet!"
HAHAHA!