AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 23:51   Link #1661
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, the fact that the KV-3 is low and the IS is only a little more higher I can pen them easily from the front. But if your tank is too high, then aim for the commander's copula, is a bit HIT ME written all over the top of the tank.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 23:53   Link #1662
willx
Nyaaan~~

Type 59 weakspot guide. Yes, the copula is a weak spot, but keep in mind a good Type 59 player will be twisting between his shots. So other than those two tiny spots at the top and some small areas close to it's gun, it's turret is nearly invincible to most regular guns.. Especially at harder angles..

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-12, 23:57   Link #1663
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

yeah, a good type will never stops moving, that's why is needed another tank to track him, or just be fast and precise enough with the mouse
Old 2013-01-13, 01:52   Link #1664
Gravitas Free Zone

I earned Lehväslaiho's Medal tonight, in a game where I got kill credit for two Tigers in my T-34. Earlier in the evening I destroyed a Tiger with the Easy Eight.

It's a bit alarming to me, since I am continuing to not really enjoy my Tiger, that I've become fairly good at outfighting them in close quarters.

Though I did have a decent time in Prohorovka with my Tiger when there was no arty and I was able to sit unnoticed on the northeast hill for a while.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 02:00   Link #1665
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I never feared the Type 59 ever since I reach my tier 8 Centurion, the 20pdr have no trouble pen it in the front and the 105mm L7A1 on tier 9 Centurion could pen those Type 59 anywhere.

just look at which tier 8 I killed the most.

Old 2013-01-13, 02:29   Link #1666
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, the type 59 compared with the thing is today with how it was back on where it was released it had the very same armor that the T-54, and it was almost imposible to kill, even for tier 9 tanks. Besides it had an almost ungodly acceleration and damage.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:52   Link #1667
Sumeragi
Banned

Model L/70 StuG III Battle:

This is my I love the rough but elegant T-25:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 03:10   Link #1668
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Type 59 weakspot guide. Yes, the copula is a weak spot, but keep in mind a good Type 59 player will be twisting between his shots. So other than those two tiny spots at the top and some small areas close to it's gun, it's turret is nearly invincible to most regular guns.. Especially at harder angles..

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Take particular notice of the small section marked A3, which is the driver's viewport. If you're forced into a facehug with a Type, this is what you do; push back, switch to sniper mode, and put all your rounds into that viewport until either it or you dies.

This works for its Tier IX predecessor, the T-54 as well; I was running my Type today, and a T-54 got me into a facehug. Apparently the guy didn't know what he was doing, as shooting his driver's viewport was how a Tier VIII premium like myself beat a Tier IX like his, one-on-one.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 03:34   Link #1669
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Take particular notice of the small section marked A3, which is the driver's viewport. If you're forced into a facehug with a Type, this is what you do; push back, switch to sniper mode, and put all your rounds into that viewport until either it or you dies.

This works for its Tier IX predecessor, the T-54 as well; I was running my Type today, and a T-54 got me into a facehug. Apparently the guy didn't know what he was doing, as shooting his driver's viewport was how a Tier VIII premium like myself beat a Tier IX like his, one-on-one.
It's always fun to hit weakpoints and watch higher tier tanks squirm with confusions. Not having a good idea of where weakpoints are generally located on tanks is a fantastic way to go down in a blaze of glory. Viewports and machineguns are generally weakpoint, as well as hatches and any doodads or knick-knacks that are added to the tank. Because, you know, mounted lights or bits of metal sticking out are totally vital to the structural integrity of your tank.

The guide to weak points for World of Tanks: Is it an important part of the tank? Does it have a vital purpose? -> No -> Shoot it. ; Did it penetrate? -> Of course it did.

Had a fun run-in with an IS-3 today. We weren't but feet away from eachother, him half behind a building at a nice angle and me in a small crater somewhat straight-on in my Black Prince. Where it got hilarious is that for some reason shooting the corner of his side and front armor would always yield penetration for a good 5-6 shots in a row. All of his shots bounced. It's hard to aim when you're laughing maniacally!
Old 2013-01-13, 03:43   Link #1670
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Some vision ports. etc are no damage zones though, they aren't part of the hitbox sometimes. The ones on the VK4502 Ausf.B for example. (And the Maus maybe)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 05:43   Link #1671
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

They sometimes patch out weakspots though for better or worse depending on the tank. For example, the rangefinder "ears" on the side of the T29's top turret used to be a significant weak spot, but now hitting them no longer does HP damage.

It's why keeping on top of where a tank's weakspots are is essential, just so you don't waste rounds on bouncing shells.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 05:52   Link #1672
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They sometimes patch out weakspots though for better or worse depending on the tank. For example, the rangefinder "ears" on the side of the T29's top turret used to be a significant weak spot, but now hitting them no longer does HP damage.

It's why keeping on top of where a tank's weakspots are is essential, just so you don't waste rounds on bouncing shells.
They're not? Hm... It's a good thing I always avoided shooting at them because I knew I would miss. I could swear I've gotten a bit of HP damage on those stupid things recently though.

I know that the gussied up Pershing with the added armor and the dual cylinders on the top of the turret, those dual cylinders worked for me quite nicely.

Why shooting a couple of strange cylinders oddly placed on the turret of a tank can cause it to explode and award me money and arbitrary points is lost to me, however.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:11   Link #1673
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I know that the gussied up Pershing with the added armor and the dual cylinders on the top of the turret, those dual cylinders worked for me quite nicely.

Why shooting a couple of strange cylinders oddly placed on the turret of a tank can cause it to explode and award me money and arbitrary points is lost to me, however.
First, you're talking about the T29E4 Super Pershing and not the M26 Pershing.

Secondly, it's not the cylinders (they're called equilibrator springs, used to balance the heavy 90mm gun) that are actually getting damaged, and in fact they're not part of the tank's Hit box. Rather, it's the part of the turret behind it that's taking damage. The top of the turret unprotected by the spaced armor is undoubtedly one of the easiest weakspots of the Super Pershing to hit. It's why the Super Pershing despite its formidable armor still works best in hull-down like any other US tank: when hull-down on a slope, only the spaced armor + mantle is shown to the enemy, preventing them from targetting your vulnerable turret top.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:12   Link #1674
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

So I learn something how to use ELC

1 start the game.
2 go browsing some internet for bit
3 go back and play
4 ?????
5 PROFIT!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 08:41   Link #1675
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

Wait what? I swear I've been doing constant damage on fellow T29 by shooting on the ear with my 90mm gun.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:27   Link #1676
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

This tank is very very good...

Spoiler for First game, too!:

- Tak (I like!)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 11:56   Link #1677
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wait what? I swear I've been doing constant damage on fellow T29 by shooting on the ear with my 90mm gun.
Was that recently? Cause my M103's M58 gun doesn't seem to do damage when I shoot at a T29's ears, and when I asked about it it seems the rangefinder weakness was fixed. Might depend on which direct the ears are shot from though.

Old 2013-01-13, 14:03   Link #1678
Blaat

Well sold my M4 for an ELC AMX, first game went really well got three kills with my stock gun () including a Tier 6 tank (D.Max) but after that it went poorly. So I started following the advice by RRW by not doing anything in the beginning or I like to push heavy/slow tanks to the front (not sure how effective pushing tanks is) and the games are going a lot better that way.

My favourite tactic so far is hugging tanks thanks to the horrible gun depression on most tanks (with the exception of US tanks of course) you can get away with it.

In other news I'm tempted to join the arties are OP bandwagon, they were a nuisance in the first four tiers but starting with Tier V they're getting ridiculous. My Churchill I got one shotted by a Tier V arty, and it happened two times so far. :\
Old 2013-01-13, 14:23   Link #1679
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

When they are not killing me, they knocked most of my crews instead. I just hate arty more and more.

Quote:
Was that recently? Cause my M103's M58 gun doesn't seem to do damage when I shoot at a T29's ears, and when I asked about it it seems the rangefinder weakness was fixed. Might depend on which direct the ears are shot from though.
Yeah.

I was shooting them straight off from the front, though.
Old 2013-01-13, 14:27   Link #1680
LeoXiao
思想工作

In my E50, I do not fear T10s. I fear the arty that gets put into t10 matches.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks